Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Exhaust

geoffrey r allen

I needed a replacement backbox for my Corolla Verso, Toyota quoted £342, Motosave £99.98. Only problem with the Motosave is that its NOISY, sounds like a Subaru Impretza.

Are you saying you dont like the sound the of a subaru impreza, I would love my car to sound like that or am I just mad lol

I suppose a verso is a family car... so the sound of subaru impreza during a trip might be annoying.... :lol:

Try a local motor factors.

Its purchased now so I will have to live with it Ps I am 66, if 26 I would have loved the Impretza sound

The rear slience is only about £60 and you could get it fitted for about £50.

or fit it yourself. it is only held up by a clame (x2 nut and bolts) and 2 rubber grommets. I changes my with a simple siccor jack and it took about 20 mins.

The only problem is getting the nuts off. these could be seezed on then you will need to go and get it fitteed from a garage.

Are you saying you dont like the sound the of a subaru impreza, I would love my car to sound like that or am I just mad lol

funny,but there was one driving around the sainsburys carpark near me yesterday.

the exhaust was a very deep rumbling sound,and you could feel it as much as hear it,lovely sound.but alas at my age i would not want the auris to sound the same,

there was a time though.

years ago we used to stick a short lengh of copper pipe up the tail pipe of of the exhaust,it gave a nice (at least we thought so) rasping sound.

but mostly all blow and no go.it was a poor mans tune up.

those were the daya.

funny,but there was one driving around the sainsburys carpark near me yesterday.

the exhaust was a very deep rumbling sound,and you could feel it as much as hear it,lovely sound.but alas at my age i would not want the auris to sound the same,

there was a time though.

years ago we used to stick a short lengh of copper pipe up the tail pipe of of the exhaust,it gave a nice (at least we thought so) rasping sound.

but mostly all blow and no go.it was a poor mans tune up.

those were the daya.

HI Pajjy

i can rember doing that with copper pipe,job was getting a pipe that was a nice close fit in the tail pipe.

made a real nice exhaust note.

thats brought the memories flooding back.

Has your petrol MPG gone down.

If so you may have the same problem as me:

Read my Post search for - 'Engine Sounds Lumpy'

My rear exhaust failed. I repaced it straight away but drove it for about 10 miles to pick up the exhaust from the parts shop). After fitting it my engine still sounded lumpy.

In summary i now have low compression on Cylinder 2. I think the exhaust valve is stuck on cylinder 2 which is causing the rough sound.

Does your rear exhaust sound like it is misfiring?

I think that driving my car for 10 miles might have cause some back pressure and cause the vale to stick? No sure but it is a dam coincidence that i now have this problem.

Read my thread....

cheers Paul.

Has your petrol MPG gone down.

If so you may have the same problem as me:

Read my Post search for - 'Engine Sounds Lumpy'

My rear exhaust failed. I repaced it straight away but drove it for about 10 miles to pick up the exhaust from the parts shop). After fitting it my engine still sounded lumpy.

In summary i now have low compression on Cylinder 2. I think the exhaust valve is stuck on cylinder 2 which is causing the rough sound.

Does your rear exhaust sound like it is misfiring?

I think that driving my car for 10 miles might have cause some back pressure and cause the vale to stick? No sure but it is a dam coincidence that i now have this problem.

Read my thread....

cheers Paul.

No problems with engine, mpg maybe a little better, Motor factors tell me it will get quieter with use. Cheers Geoff

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links