Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St185 Gtfour Hks Ssqv

OZZY_C

Hi Guys, i had a baileys dump valve and then got advised to buy a HKS SSQV and i tried to fit it last night but when i fitted it it makes the engine stutter and then stall so i tried adjusting the screw on the back until it idles fin but then when i rev it or take it for a spin it does not blow off. am i doing somthing wrong or is there a problem with the SSQV?

Hi Guys, i had a baileys dump valve and then got advised to buy a HKS SSQV and i tried to fit it last night but when i fitted it it makes the engine stutter and then stall so i tried adjusting the screw on the back until it idles fin but then when i rev it or take it for a spin it does not blow off. am i doing somthing wrong or is there a problem with the SSQV?

do you still have the afm meter? if so the bailey is a twin piston dump valve and the hks is only single piston which wont work with an afm

Hi mate thank you for your reply, what do you mean by arm meter? All I did was remove the baileys and put the hks straight in and connect the fin blue pipe to were it goes at the back. Tried adjusting the screw at the back but like I said all it does is either kill the engine or not blow off at all?

He means the air flow meter (afm for short) I've never had a single issue with an hks ssqv, ran one on my celica fine.

Is it a second hand one or new? If it's new it'll take a while to loosen up, if you screw it in so that the car will run it should eventually start working as it should

hi gtforbes, its a second hand one but the guy i got it off had a celica st185 just like mine so i thought it would be easier to fit ect. not really sure what to do as the guy said the hks was in perfect working condition. maybe i will have a little tinker around with it tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas/suggestions on what i could try it would be much appreciated.

sorry, forgot to add what is the air flow meter? all i have is the samco pipe that holds the hks from the turbo and i thin blue hose that runs into the back of the hks?

The air flow meter is in the intake system just after the air filter, it's how the ecu reads how much fuel to put into the engine