Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tramlining

howardm

Hi

Anybody experienced acute tramlining in a Rav.?

I have checked all the joints and found no play, tyre pressures are spot on, no sign of uneven tyre wear.

What else is there.?

Howard

Hi

Anybody experienced acute tramlining in a Rav.?

I have checked all the joints and found no play, tyre pressures are spot on, no sign of uneven tyre wear.

What else is there.?

Howard

Have you had the geometry checked, especially the 'toe angle'?

get it checked by laser alignment - maybe cost £120 but well worth it - I've used it a few times !

Not familiar with the term. What do you mean?

Anchs, remember when you told me about coming out of a tunnel in your train applying the brakes (wet leaves on track) and you carried on sliding for a mile, just missing the 4-10 from Paddington :lol: well thats TRAINLINING When i follow the Metrolink in my cab along Moseley St, (in Manchester) and my front wheels get stuck in the tracks and my cab wants to go in a different direction than i want it too :eek: well thats TRAMLINING :thumbsup: Stew

Like when your front wheels get stuck in the ruts that lorries have made in the road??

Anchs, remember when you told me about coming out of a tunnel in your train applying the brakes (wet leaves on track) and you carried on sliding for a mile, just missing the 4-10 from Paddington :lol: well thats TRAINLINING When i follow the Metrolink in my cab along Moseley St, (in Manchester) and my front wheels get stuck in the tracks and my cab wants to go in a different direction than i want it too :eek: well thats TRAMLINING :thumbsup: Stew

And when you do that on drugs it is MAINLINING (allegedly) :wacko:

Mike D

And when you do that on drugs it is MAINLINING (allegedly) :wacko:

Mike D

So what is it you do with Coke, and a rolled up Tenner :unsure: Is that whitelining???? :eek: Stew

Try driving a 1936 Austin 7 Special if you want to know what tramlining feels like.

Its good fun though :thumbsup:

This is my other car.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/pgp001/Austin%20Seven%20OSU582/DSC04744.jpg

Phil

What a stunning motor Phill :toast: and stunning background as well :drool: Stew

DSC04744.jpg

Try driving a 1936 Austin 7 Special if you want to know what tramlining feels like.

Its good fun though :thumbsup:

This is my other car.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/pgp001/Austin%20Seven%20OSU582/DSC04744.jpg

Phil

Phil

What is under the bonnet?

Can you please have some photos hang right here?

Cheers/Igor

Oh right. No not experienced SEVERE tram lining. Has it got the original wheels and tyres?

Anchorman

It has got original wheels and tyres but not all the same size.

The fronts are 3.50 x 19" which were fitted on the earlier models, but I am running the later type 4.00 x 17" on the back which makes it handle a bit better ("bit" being the operative word !) The outside diameter of the tyres is the same.

I have started a new topic so as not to hijack this one.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=122139

Phil

Thanks for the input guys, I don't think its the tracking, but I'll have a look.

I am running a bog standard 3 door 4.2 2005 XTR.

Must be a rubber bush or something.