Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Tyres

Cyker

Been noticing my engine sounds weird since I had the new tyres fitted.

Was worried there was something wrong, but I just realized it's because the tyres are so much quieter! :lol:

Looking at buying a 1.8 SR

what are the tyre sizes? I know they are 17's but on my auris SR they are 225/45/17.

thanks

Carl

Quote from my local Toyota for 4 ContiEcoContact3's was £225 for fitting and balancing, +£50 if I wanted a full alignment done too.

Not too bad!

They were recommending Bridgestones but I haven't heard as much stuff about Bridgestones on Yarisesesses so far...

£225 is a very, very good price, makes less than £60 per tyre plus valve and balancing. Lowest quote I've heard for a Yaris so far! Are these 14' or 15'?

I've heard that Bridgestones are very good tyres, but mainly on sport and performance cars. There were some rumors that they went down in quality on sizes below 225 and being made in EU and other eastern countries, therefore lost of its glory. Not sure how much of this is true. I would consider japanese tyres for a japanese cars... even though with a french birth certificate :) Maybe my next choice will be Toyo or Yokohama... am not so sure about Bridgestone.

I am running on Dunlops Sport 01 in summer and find them very good so far (6000 miles and 5mm front 6mm rear of thread left). Have now winter Pirellis snowcontrol 2 on and spotted slight fuel consumption increase and noise level but maybe it's only more my imagination or cold temperatures.

I know, and from a Toyota dealer too! :eek::toast:

Stock rims for a Mk1 Yaris; 175/65R14T

I was considering Bridgestones and Michellins but wasn't sure which ones, whereas for some reason I'd been getting quite a few recommendations for the EcoContact3's when I mentioned I wanted tyres that did better in the wet so here I am :)

They do feel nice, but I haven't tried them in proper rain or on the motorway yet so it'll be interesting to see how they perform there!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links