Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Is Your Tax

harrypotter:)

Wrong club as the prius or i should say the missus car £10 for the year my aygo is the £20

Get yourself a Gen 3, £0 VED a year.

What you do is this:

You go to the post office with your renewal notice and a big bag of cash (stones or shirt buttons will do, but don't let the cashier touch it)

Put the bag on the counter so she/he can see it and give them the forms.

They will give you a free tax disk, you can put the bag of stones/shirt bottons back in your pocket.

You can leave the post office with a smug grin on your face.

It is optional to wave your free tax disk under the noses of any 4x4 drivers in the car park but be ready to run !

Oh, sorry, you have an Aygo, oh dear that isn't free then - ok, make the wife pay her own then :thumbsup:

What you do is this:

You go to the post office with your renewal notice and a big bag of cash (stones or shirt buttons will do, but don't let the cashier touch it)

Put the bag on the counter so she/he can see it and give them the forms.

They will give you a free tax disk, you can put the bag of stones/shirt bottons back in your pocket.

You can leave the post office with a smug grin on your face.

It is optional to wave your free tax disk under the noses of any 4x4 drivers in the car park but be ready to run !

Oh, sorry, you have an Aygo, oh dear that isn't free then - ok, make the wife pay her own then :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

£30 'ere ;)

Can't beat them smug Prius drivers (...yet >:P)

We pay a whopping £0 yahoo.gif

lol! The complaints I have had from friends when I tell them my new Prius will cost nothing to tax! The language!

Probably followed by the usual story about how bad the batteries are for the environment and how a hummer is more eco friendly blah blah blah

My £10 RFL is due next month - time to start saving then!

Wow that is more than a factor infinity more compared to a Gen 3, do you want us to have a whip round biggrin.gif

Probably followed by the usual story about how bad the batteries are for the environment and how a hummer is more eco friendly blah blah blah

Yeah, I have heard that too. They shut up when I tell them 95% of the Battery is recyclable and the very same nickel that goes into the Prius Battery is used in coins and in those large aeroplanes they use to go on holiday every year! There is nothing like being a smart ***** is there? :lol:

My £10 RFL is due next month - time to start saving then!

Easy really, it's just like paying council tax but with different figures!

You put one pound a month away and get two months off at the end of the year!

Simples :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Taxed mine at the post office for £10 - I thought I would do George a favour and save the postage that would be necessary if doing it online. Post lady wrote it out and said "£10 - that's nice". Put my tax disc in the window, drove to supermarket, parked and did my shopping. Drove to a local shop, parked and when I went back to the car I noticed that at some stage during the day some :censor: had opened his driver's door and put a dent in my passenger door leaving a trail of blue paint on my nice vermillion red :crybaby: He didn't just tap it - he walloped it! Got a dent about two inches long and half an inch deep.

Probably not worth claiming insurance but I suspect that this year I will end up paying as much as anyone else.

I wonder if Toyota do those plastic side-mouldings which could help deflect such things...?

My old car had them and I've seen some Yarisesses with them...

Taxed mine at the post office for £10 - I thought I would do George a favour and save the postage that would be necessary if doing it online. Post lady wrote it out and said "£10 - that's nice". Put my tax disc in the window, drove to supermarket, parked and did my shopping. Drove to a local shop, parked and when I went back to the car I noticed that at some stage during the day some :censor: had opened his driver's door and put a dent in my passenger door leaving a trail of blue paint on my nice vermillion red :crybaby: He didn't just tap it - he walloped it! Got a dent about two inches long and half an inch deep.

Probably not worth claiming insurance but I suspect that this year I will end up paying as much as anyone else.

I sympathise with you, similar thing happened with my wife's Aygo the week we got it!!

What is it with some people that they don't respect pther peoples property??

I always bear in mind that some people get a bit miffed if you park too close.

Some people don't do it on purpose, they're just not careful enough, e.g. the wind catches their door.

On a previous I had one ignoramus opened thier door and it was resing on mine, that did no damage until they got in the car and the suspension moved, rubbing their door down mine scratching it.

Shows you the power os misinformation. I hear that Battery story at least once a week from Hybrid knockers

Kingo :thumbsup:

Shows you the power os misinformation. I hear that Battery story at least once a week from Hybrid knockers

Kingo :thumbsup:

Personally I'm not too bothered about how good or bad the batteries are for the environment. I've heard they're 99% recyclable anyway. Most things these days are not so good for the environment - cars generally (cat converters, fluids etc), LCD tvs, laptop batteries and so on.

Anyhow, I've heard (anyone know for sure?) that the nickel in the Battery weighs about 60 kgs, but nickel is used in many other products such as stainless steel. Do the naysayers ever moan about the nickel in stainless steel exhausts, or Rolls Royce radiator grills, uninals etc? Surely it has to be shipped around the world for these products too?

People hear what they want to hear though. I would say that in the last two or three weeks I've been asked more questions about my car than any time in the past! I think people are getting much more minded about hybrids now - which is good, but the bad side is Toyota UK will probably just stick the price up :(

Just got my London Congestion Exemption letter through - just £10 for the year !! ... one trip and it's paid for itself, two and I'm quids in ;-)

Jon

I wonder if Toyota do those plastic side-mouldings which could help deflect such things...?

My old eighth gen Corrolla did have mouldings but I doubt they would have made much difference and it would have still been a paint job.

My old eighth gen Corrolla did have mouldings but I doubt they would have made much difference and it would have still been a paint job.

I had them put on my Prius before we collected it, and the wifes Aygo was fitted with them last week (hence not in the photos)

£30 'ere ;)

Can't beat them smug Prius drivers (...yet >:P)

Oh I'm sure us Auris HSD owners will give you a run for your money! toast.gif