Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thought I'd Share.. Pics Of T-Sport Fk Coilovers :-)

ldjh1985

camber doesnt change the straightness of the steering wheel. but toe in/out will. :)

i do have the stuff to do camber, but not toe in/out. soz....

is that as low as your going? :P

camber doesnt change the straightness of the steering wheel. but toe in/out will. :)

i do have the stuff to do camber, but not toe in/out. soz....

is that as low as your going? :P

Hey, she was lower but I was scraping every bump so I had no choice really.

I haven't touch the toe though?? Still need to confirm the camber is correct, any cheap way of checking?

Cheers

Lee

not unless you have an extremely level ground to work on. theres an old skool plumb line method, but as its gravity based, without a truly flat ground youl end up potentially making it worse.

besides, its far easier to change both alignment aspects when the car is in the air providing easy access to the right parts.

a decent tyre fitting centre will inspect it for free and charge if it needs adjustment. id say about £35/£40 would be reasonable.

can you visually see the camber? if its way out the front wheels will look funky as. not much you can do on the back as its a beam axle.

ps, blue and green PFL's FTMFW!

not unless you have an extremely level ground to work on. theres an old skool plumb line method, but as its gravity based, without a truly flat ground youl end up potentially making it worse.

besides, its far easier to change both alignment aspects when the car is in the air providing easy access to the right parts.

a decent tyre fitting centre will inspect it for free and charge if it needs adjustment. id say about £35/£40 would be reasonable.

can you visually see the camber? if its way out the front wheels will look funky as. not much you can do on the back as its a beam axle.

ps, blue and green PFL's FTMFW!

Cheers :)

You could see the camber when I first fitted the coilies, but I've straighten it up now, I just used a right angle and some simple tools, really need to get that bit done properly, still don't understand why my steering wheel is so far out since changing camber to near dead center!

have your coilovers got castor and camber adjustment on the top mounts? or do they use the original fixed point top mounts?

if the wheel camber isnt the same on both sides it will make it wander to to either the left or right, depending. when you say not straight do you mean, you have to turn more than slightly to go straight or when you let go of the wheel it dives off to the left/right?

have your coilovers got castor and camber adjustment on the top mounts? or do they use the original fixed point top mounts?

if the wheel camber isnt the same on both sides it will make it wander to to either the left or right, depending. when you say not straight do you mean, you have to turn more than slightly to go straight or when you let go of the wheel it dives off to the left/right?

They use original fixed top mounts

Ive only got camber adjustments and this is done undoing the hub nuts and moving the hub back and forward, the car doesn't pull right or left, its actually perfect, its just the steering wheel isn't stright.

if it doesn't pull left or right, then theres 2 options, the easiest is adjust the track rod ends (both sides) until the steering wheel is straight the wheels themselves are then straight. if its way off, you can remove the wheel from its splined fixing and rotate it a few notches.

personally, as you've put new suspension on, id just let a garage do it all. just make them aware you want the steering wheel straight as a die and the wheels to match!

if it doesn't pull left or right, then theres 2 options, the easiest is adjust the track rod ends (both sides) until the steering wheel is straight the wheels themselves are then straight. if its way off, you can remove the wheel from its splined fixing and rotate it a few notches.

personally, as you've put new suspension on, id just let a garage do it all. just make them aware you want the steering wheel straight as a die and the wheels to match!

ok cheers for your help :)

Steering wheel on the pfl isnt splined bud, its like a hexagon ahape.

Your motor is looking nice btw.

Camber is a b***h to set up without alignment guages, best bet is a garage with the guages.

nice one mate, hows the ride quality? you dont ever go past southend airport or rayliegh train station do you?

Rides really good, not too hard but hard enough to tell the suspensions been changed!! Haven't been past Southend airport for months. you around that area?

Already scraping on this height?

Why did you buy coilovers then? :P

Then sell it and get some springs, else this little lowering would cost you alot for what it is ;)

Grtz

Already scraping on this height?

Why did you buy coilovers then? :P

Then sell it and get some springs, else this little lowering would cost you alot for what it is ;)

Grtz

Coilies only cost me £260 mate ;-) not scrapping at this height, was when it was another 30-40mm lower :(

standard Shocks are f**ked too so made sense to change the lot at that price

Steering wheel on the pfl isnt splined bud, its like a hexagon ahape.

Your motor is looking nice btw.

Camber is a b***h to set up without alignment guages, best bet is a garage with the guages.

Trip to some reliable garage then me thinks.... Cheers

Coilies only cost me £260 mate ;-) not scrapping at this height, was when it was another 30-40mm lower :(

Oh ok.

Where were u scraping then?

Because i'm running on 4cm of ground with my E12 (80mm drop), even with cleaned facelift t-sport frontbumper (which is lower), and i'm not having any problems :)

Grtz

Oh ok.

Where were u scraping then?

Because i'm running on 4cm of ground with my E12 (80mm drop), even with cleaned facelift t-sport frontbumper (which is lower), and i'm not having any problems :)

Grtz

where do you live lol, round where i am there are speed bumps everywhere!

In Belgium, but believe me, it's known for its horrible roads (potholes everywhere) and massive speedbumps :P

Grtz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links