Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres For T Sport Alloys

ChrisRuffell

I'm looking at some t sport alloys on eBay (I know I don't own a t sport but Iv always thought that any non manufacturer larger alloys always look cheap) no offence to all you big alloy people!!!!

Eitherway the alloys come with no tyres so I'd need to order some nice mid range ones. Preferably slightly low profile but I do drive 30 miles to work every day so I don't want a horribly noisy and uncomfortable ride! Anyone got any reccomendations???

michelin pilot sports 2 ,they was excellent on my megane coupe ,even though they was part worn they had plenty tread on them ,dry grip was amazing ,wet grip was intresting but that was prob due to my driving style

im putting some on mine very soon

pilot sports don't come in the size to fit,

Goodyear eagle F1 would be my choice if you want grip. However they don't last.

What size is best? Obviously 195 width and 16 inch but the profile????

205/50/16 or is it 205/55/16 ? either way in my opinion 195 is way too skinny and looks awful!

pilot sports don't come in the size to fit,

Goodyear eagle F1 would be my choice if you want grip. However they don't last.

noway ,ye iv heard good things about goodyears so il go with them

205/50/16 or is it 205/55/16 ? either way in my opinion 195 is way too skinny and looks awful!

205/50/16 is closest to original diameter when using 19/55/16, otherwise your speedo could be too far out.

205/50/16 is closest to original diameter when using 19/55/16, otherwise your speedo could be too far out.

could toyota/me recalibrate the speedo if it did end up putting it out

you don't recalibrate speedos, you just fit the tyres and live with it lol there's no need. going with 205/50/16 will introduce such a small error that i wouldn't worry about it. just be careful when going past cameras you're on the 30mph line rather than just a tad over etc and all will be well!

seems like 205/50/16 is the size to go for then! will they be semi low profile?

not really, 50 profile on 205 is still quite high but i suppose you could call it semi-semi-low profile lol.

if you see a new ish golf or a3 in a car park chances are it is running 205/55/16, your 205/50/16 will be just a smidge lower than that.

That depends.... mine was further out when on 195/55.... changed to 205/55 and it's much more accurate ;)

(Measured by GPS)

Not sure about toyota but on our ford diagnostic computer we can change the standard size of tyre that the ecu thinks it is running.

So if you stuck a funny size on it could be changed to keep the speedo correct, you cant do it with all ford models tho.

Can toyota do the same thing?

Had a set if Avon zv5 they seemed to be a good all round tyre

check www.tyrereviews.co.uk falken ze912 have very good reviews, are cheap and have been reviewed loadsss of times