Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

100K Service How Much Is Ok?

JohnYossarian

Hello All,

My Totoyta Avensis is due for its 100k service and I was rather surprised when the other day after calling Mr. T I was told it should be £ 386. I have never had anything more than £ 220 by far and I find the increase a bit steep. When I asked why (the cambelt change is due at 120k service) I was told that it is the cooling liquid on top of everything, but come on, a cooling liquid replacement cannot explain almost £ 400. I resorted to a local garage and the guy gave me £130 + VAT quotation. It is no brainer what I am going to choose but still very surprised by what I was quoted at Toyota. So far all my services have been with them. I will appreciate your opinion whether I was quoted properly at Toyota. I might have missed something?

Cheers,

Jordan

I'd imagine that Toyota were doing more work than needed and that your local garage was doing just an oil & filter change.

I'd suggest looking at the service schedule and asking both garages to quote for exactly what it specifies needs to be done at the 100K service, nothing else, unless there are extra items you want doing.

toyota group to come it with their charging.

my son just got a bill for his Lexus.they replaced brake pads all round and two front disc.£420.

aa least they loaned him a top of the range model whilst the work was being carried out.

another time,he was loaned a brand new prius straight out of the showroom,cos they were short on cars to loan out.

try another dealer.

My car recently had it's 40K service (supposedly the 40k interval services are the biggest on my model) & the quotes from 4 different Toyota dealers varied by more than 50%!

It ended up costing me £205 plus me supplying 6 litres of oil.

Hello All,

My Totoyta Avensis is due for its 100k service and I was rather surprised when the other day after calling Mr. T I was told it should be £ 386. I have never had anything more than £ 220 by far and I find the increase a bit steep. When I asked why (the cambelt change is due at 120k service) I was told that it is the cooling liquid on top of everything, but come on, a cooling liquid replacement cannot explain almost £ 400. I resorted to a local garage and the guy gave me £130 + VAT quotation. It is no brainer what I am going to choose but still very surprised by what I was quoted at Toyota. So far all my services have been with them. I will appreciate your opinion whether I was quoted properly at Toyota. I might have missed something?

Cheers,

Jordan

As my friend said above that try other toyota dealers and see.

Coolant cost about 40 pounds and you need 1 full bottle and extra liter. (so you will end up buying two costing you 80).

If you do not get the reasonable price, get the car serviced without coolant. Buy coolant from them and get it changed in any local garage. No harm changing your coolant at local garage.

Cheers.

try another dealer.

My car recently had it's 40K service (supposedly the 40k interval services are the biggest on my model) & the quotes from 4 different Toyota dealers varied by more than 50%!

It ended up costing me £205 plus me supplying 6 litres of oil.

nice one.

Thank you guys!

I will have a look, there is another dealer nearby I simply was used to this dealership. I will also check with Autodata what exactly 100 k service includes.

Cheers,

Jordan

Mine is approaching 100k too so I've also been looking into this. The only difference I can seen between the 100k service, and any other major service (60k, 80k etc.) is the addition of the 'super long life coolant'. This doesn't appear to be cheap which is why the difference is so great.

My local dealer is 1 mile away, but I travel 25 miles to another one because I save around 30% on services, so as others have said - do shop around.

Hi All,

Yesterday I had my car serviced at Toyota for £ 192 including valet service. It happened that after I called them and was quoted almost £ 400 price for 100k service they got back to me and explained that I had been wrongly quoted as it is the cars with Reg from 2004 onwards that need the long life coolant. I still struggle to see the point of putting a coolant for £ 150 in a car that has made 100k miles, but there must be rational for that.

Cheers,

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...

100k mile service also includes drain and refill of the brake fluid if I remember correctly, so this also accounts for the high quoted price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links