Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go - Sat Nav / Bluetooth

madeleine1969

Hi Everyone - hope you are all ok.

As you may be aware I have an Aygo Go (with pink flowers) - the question I have is how do you turn down the volume of the phone ringing through the sat nav, mine rings so loud it makes me jump. I have tried to lower the volume on the sat nav but that does not affect the ring volume neither does turning down the volume on my iPhone.

Hope someone can help me because I dread my phone ringing.

Speak soon Madeleine

No first hand experience with this system, but my first guess

would be to try and adjust the volume with the phone ringing...

Just have someone call you and let it ring so you can try this...

Hi Madeleine, glad you're enjoying your car!

On the Satnav menu, is there an info/phone button? On our Prius there is a separate button for phone settings, and the volume control for the phone is in there i think....

Good luck

Madeleine,

I had the same problem at first. It took a while to suss out but I got there eventually.

You can only adjust the phone settings with the phone actually in use and you cannot do it when moving (sheer idiocy!!!) because a safety nanny inside the system allows no adjustments whilst driving. So, with the car stationary and the handbrake on, turn the system on, wait for the phone to pair then telephone your answer machine (or a friend who does not mind a chat while you adjust your volume). Tap the phone icon in the display and then select volume preferences, adjust volume and then end the call. Done.

Hope this helps.

You can only adjust the phone settings with the phone actually in use and you cannot do it when moving (sheer idiocy!!!) because a safety nanny inside the system allows no adjustments whilst driving.

Because it is ILLEGAL to use a hand held mobile phone when driving - including making adjustments to a hand held phone.

The idiocy comes into it because people are STILL using mobiles when driving - not only that but they are texting as well which is absolutely !Removed! stupid! Your eyes are supposed to be on the road, not reading a mobile phone text message, and your hands are supposed to be on the wheel with the only exception to change gear....

Yes, I know it is not illegal to adjust the radio/change a cd etc, but the law has picked on mobiles simply because you cannot concentrate on a conversation while you are driving.... think, when your wife talks to you when you are driving, do you actually listen to what she is saying, or do you tune it out??

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the percentage of driving ability lost with a couple of drinks inside you is around 20 percent, when using a mobile phone it is nearly 60 percent!

There is no law against using a mobile telephone with an appropriate hands free kit, in this country or anywhere else in the EU.

I have never before encountered a hands free set up in any vehicle (whether factory or retro fit) that prevents you adjusting the volume. Usually this is achieved by simply twisting a knob, rather than delving into a sub-menu, which is I suspect why Toyota/TomTom have made it impossible to do whilst underway. Adjusting the volume should be achieveable at the hands free and is no different from adjusting the radio volume. It should not require touching the actual phone at all, which should be able to remain in a pocket or glovebox, or even the boot.

Anyone who texts whilst driving deserves to be shot.

Next time I want a condescending lecture that completely misses the point I will ask for one thank you.

• Like 1

There is no law against using a mobile telephone with an appropriate hands free kit, in this country or anywhere else in the EU.

Next time I want a condescending lecture that completely misses the point I will ask for one thank you.

Indeed there is no law against using a HANDS FREE kit which is why i said HAND HELD.

And i wasnt being condescending, i was answering a question and giving my opinion, which is what forums are for.

Reading the rest of your post, it seems that you pretty much agree anyway and I repeat, the use of hand held mobiles IS illegal and texting whilst driving is suicidal and stupid.

IMO anything that distracts a driver from the process of driving should be discouraged. The roads, certainly in the south of England, are too crowded to lose concentration for too long.

press and hold the bottom left of the screen for a few seconds and the volume bar appears

ive tried but all i get is a blue screen and the audio. There must be a way it supports it otherwise their wouldn't be the option ?? Hopefully as more people get Go's someone will find a way o get it working.

I'm not sure about the video capability . Bit I'm thinking the sat nav media system only links as far as the aux button to switch between cd and external devices......

• 1 year later...

You may be able to install Tomplayer

www.tomplayer.net

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links