Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Reverse Beeping And Auto Lock

aurishybfan

I just bought a new Auris hybrid, and there are a couple of things I am hoping i can change, but am wondering if it is possible, and if so, how.

Firstly, the constant beeping when putting the car into reverse, is there anyway I can turn this off, or set it to one single beep.

Secondly, I was wondering if it is possible to set the doors to lock automatically?

Hope to hear a response soon!

I just bought a new Auris hybrid, and there are a couple of things I am hoping i can change, but am wondering if it is possible, and if so, how.

Firstly, the constant beeping when putting the car into reverse, is there anyway I can turn this off, or set it to one single beep.

Secondly, I was wondering if it is possible to set the doors to lock automatically?

Hope to hear a response soon!

Been there, got the t-shirt! According to my dealer (Sims, Northampton) it's a 'No" to both I'm afraid...

Hope you're enjoying your HSD, had mine nearly 6 months and it's great!

Should be possible. I know it is on most of the other new models.

Dealer customisable options so far as I know. Means the dealer plugs the tester into the ECU presses a few buttons et-voila.

I know on the avensis you have an option to change the reverse beeps to a single beep and have the doors lock if you get the car above 13mph or shift the auto into D mode. Can't see why it would be different in the Auris Hybrid

Should be possible to set the auto door locking on if you happen to have the toyota VSS1 (or whatever it's called) alarm system. I did the other way on my "regular" auris (I turned this function off).

Have in mind that you cannot open the door from the inside when they are locked by only pulling the open lever (that's how it works in most cars I have come across). You have to unlock them first (this small black-and-red-thingamagic next to lever) then you can open them.

Should be possible to set the auto door locking on if you happen to have the toyota VSS1 (or whatever it's called) alarm system. I did the other way on my "regular" auris (I turned this function off).

Have in mind that you cannot open the door from the inside when they are locked by only pulling the open lever (that's how it works in most cars I have come across). You have to unlock them first (this small black-and-red-thingamagic next to lever) then you can open them.

I believe the Auris HSD doesn't have the VSS1.

But I'd love to hear from someone who has this car and got the auto-locking enabled... Then a quick visit to Sims....

Hi, just wondered how it's possible to get the long Fuelly sig here, it's more than the 400 allowed pixels?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links