Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Questions

FunkMaster

Hello All,

I am on the market for a new car and well having been looking at the Prius TSpirit or the 10th Anniversary Edition, so I got the TSpirt to test drive for a day and I am loving it, but have some questions:

Is the Protection Pack really worth it, to have those rear parking sensors, when it already has that reverse parking camera thing?

Is the LED Tech Pack worth it too?

Regards

Rob

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

As far as your questions go, I can't answer them as I didn't have either of the packs you mention... it was a question of have what I've got within a week or wait 18 weeks for a new one with the packs - no-brainer as far as I was concerned.... I collected mine in a week!

others on here have the packs however, and no doubt will extol their virtues in due course!

I've nor owned mine for long but I do have the protection pack and the LED pack. I think they are both worthwhile.

My last 2 cars have had reverse sensors and I think I would miss them! It's easier sometimes when the camera might be a bit dirty.

I really like the LED lights. I live in a rural area and haven't had any problems with oncoming traffic complaining of being blinded, which has been mentioned on an earlier thread.

I'm really glad I have both packs. Hope this helps.

Is the Protection Pack really worth it, to have those rear parking sensors, when it already has that reverse parking camera thing?

No. I can't see why anyone would want to spend money on sensors when you can see so well with the camera.

David

hi, I have both fitted and as a result had to wait 18 weeks before delivery, however I am glad I waited the lights are very bright and give a good safe travelling distance, the protection pack is a bonus on reversing, in this Winter with salty roads the camera became very quickly dirty and of course the protection pack also includes the rubber insert for the boot and is easily cleaned if it become soiled etc......

The reversing camera is superb and I am not sure the protection pack will give you much additional benefit - just keep the camera lens clean!

As for LED lights, I dont find the headlights on my GEN3 to be too bad, but any improvement in illumination, if properly adjusted, is a good thing.

What I really miss from my Disco3 is the 'steering' sidelights that illuminate the side of the road as you turn a corner, now they are really useful!.

I can't see the point with the fantastic rear view camera. As we had a rear view camera on our previous two vehicles it has become a habit to give it a quick wipe upon parking up.

Leds absolute must in my opinion, we test drove the standard live in the country and they were truly rubbish. Not least a tainted opinion as the last 5 cars between us had hids. As a bonus the rainrepellant Windows, auto headlights and dimming mirrors are an added benefit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links