Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Unit

Corrolla18

Okay, I'm not really a big ice fan but I am thinking of changing the head unit in my car. Nothing to flashy just good sound quality. What do you recomend. Can anyone tell me the pro's and con's of an aftermarket setup on our cars? Is a facia adaptor readilly available and is the quality good?

im sure people will be along with usual pioneer and alpine answers ,i have this and its does everything very well ,and has good connectivity.

the easiest thing to do is stick to one of these 3 makes ,and find one you can afford and you like the look off ,il doubt youl be dissapointed

for single din cd player yes the fascia is necessary. can you find a good colour/match fitting one? yes.

what kind of music do you listen to? pioneer have more laid back arguably more natural sound (ie playing exactly the recording on the cd/ipod rather than colouring the sound) compared to alpine which tend to be brighter with the high freqs.

the problem is the fascia adapters are the wrong colour so they look crap.

There is an easy way to fix this and that is to purchase a fascia adapter and then spray it. I've got the colour code for my Car PC and it is spot on.

Where did you guys get your facia adaptors?

yup one of those does the job^

i just bought a matte black spray in a car shop and that looks about 90% as the dash.

have a look http://i55.tinypic.com/2zpo0zn.jpg

i have an ipod which connect to the unit, ever since the change never looked back its great having 7000 songs right in your car.

to be honest guys i ready sooo regularly fascia adapters don't fit properly or they are the wrong colour...mine is the correct colour and fits bang on! i don't know where they got it but the audio shop who do all my work did mention it wasn't a £10 piece when i asked them. aparently they said it had cost £25 or £30 which is probably why it is fitting properly etc? it came in a kit form rather than just a solid plastic piece. if that description helps anyone...

to be honest guys i ready sooo regularly fascia adapters don't fit properly or they are the wrong colour...mine is the correct colour and fits bang on! i don't know where they got it but the audio shop who do all my work did mention it wasn't a £10 piece when i asked them. aparently they said it had cost £25 or £30 which is probably why it is fitting properly etc? it came in a kit form rather than just a solid plastic piece. if that description helps anyone...

ye mine was 22quid when i got it and the colour match and fit was perfect

And where did you get yours from?

And where did you get yours from?

iv already posted that further up ^^^^

D'oh :unsure: My mistake cheers for that mate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links