Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air-Filter

Nav786

Im thinking of Putting a K&N Air-filter on my car but im not too sure if it will damage my engine my car has done 140k :unsure:

I have just gone through the same thing, in the end I went for a Blitz SUS panel filter and I am well pleased with the results, the sound from it on acceleration is great but quiet enough on a run. I don't think it will have made a massive difference in bhp but I am happy none the less

Oh right so it doesnt make much bhp difference, im thinking of putting on a air-filter as i want to avoid a loud exhaust

There are varying claims on bhp increase some say they make no/ little difference others will say they increase by a certain percentage, my car feels a little more responsive but does it mean that I have more bhp? honest answer is I don't know. My main concern was a filter with oil in it (such as K&N) can aparantly leak oil and in time damage the MAF sensor, I personally wouldn't worry about the engine and 140k isn't alot especially if it has been looked after.

Thank you very much the car has been looked after well and has recently had a new clutch and cambelt done and is beautiful could do with a valet though hehe but thanks for the advice i didnt know they can leak oil but it helps alot by me joining this forum :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links