Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modification Help?

Blade929

Hi peeps, im unsure of what filter i need eg 57i, typhoon, blitz or a pannel filter upgrade? i have a friend who works for toyota and he sems to think that i would see more gains from an uprated pannel filter as the T-Sport standard airbox is already a high flow system? just some advise from other corolla owners who have any info would be awesome thanks :thumbsup:

I have just fitted a blitz panel filter and it is great!! the noise is just enough on hard acceleration without all the messing about with induction kits. I was put off by k&n kits due to problems with the MAF sensor and oil from the filter.

It may be in my head but the car feels more responsive and smoother to drive

A lot of people go for either the KN Typhoon, Blitz SUS or Apexi Power Intake. Each has they're merits and flaws, the main flaw that they all share is they get badly heat soaked which ends up robbing power.

A proper induction kit will give you a better engine note that a panel filter

Apexi

Typhoon

A lot of people go for either the KN Typhoon, Blitz SUS or Apexi Power Intake. Each has they're merits and flaws, the main flaw that they all share is they get badly heat soaked which ends up robbing power.

A proper induction kit will give you a better engine note that a panel filter

Apexi

Typhoon

has anybody had good power hikes off these systems thou? im after power rather than noise :thumbsup:

Dunno about power before.... but mine pulled 201bhp on the dyno.... only performance mods are the A'PEXi and TTE exhaust thumbsup.gif

Dunno about power before.... but mine pulled 201bhp on the dyno.... only performance mods are the A'PEXi and TTE exhaust thumbsup.gif

Fair play! thats what im after, around 200bhp not askin for much lol like i said thou a mate of mine seems to think i will get more gains out of an uprated pannel filter? have you ever heard this befor?? thanks :thumbsup:

i bet a cone filter will be ,uch less restricting than a pannel filter. look great too. you dont have to worry about your maf sensor, you can fit a cone to the existing tube if you want, no messing then. just depends on if your planning on hanging on to your car for long. cus you cant sell it with a chopped off airbox lol

Yeah cones are less restrictive but are more subsebtable to heat soak unless you have a decent heatsheild.

My experience of filters has been varied, the induction roar is a lot better and emphasised with a short ram cone induction kit this applys to all brands.

With an oiled filter you may find over time that your MAF is affected and so IMO this out weighs any small gain in power as over time you will lose power.

As mentioned before an open intake has no heat sheild and so if you intake hot air you again will just lose power.

Increases in bhp are possible with a good intake but this would normally need to be coupled with other breathing mods, exhaust for example. This would also need a re map in many cases to gain the true benefits.

Modern motors now seem to have more efficient intakes and so many tuners such as mugen work towards improving the standard intake.

I think it boils down to personal choice better noise with full intake, less work with a panel filter. Just don't expect massive power hikes as I've never noticed a huge difference with open intakes.

i think i will probably go for a 57i and maby give it extra cold air feeds, i would like the induction roar to be honest :D thanks for all the replys peeps :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links