Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Got It!

Watto.

We picked up our new Urban Cruiser today and we absolutely love it!

I had started to get a bit nervous thinking it may not be quite as I remembered it and would I really like the colour (I couldn't remember the exact shade), would it be as nice to drive as I remembered the demonstrator, etc, etc. It turns out everything is better than I remember and we just couldn't be more pleased.

I just don't understand why there are not more on the road. Since ordering ours we have not seen another one anywhere. I know people say it is too expensive for a small car but when you look at what you get I think it is good value for money. Comparable spec on a larger vehicle comes at a significantly higher price (Nissan Qashqai for example).

It may be my imagination but the seats seem more comfortable than the demonstrator and the interior colour scheme is definitely slightly different. The bluetooth phone link up to the radio is brilliant and I didn't even realise this was standard!

We ordered the Urban Pack for the bump strips and parking sensors but wanted a stainless rear bumper guard rather than black plastic. The dealer seemed to have trouble specifying this on the computer and sure enough the car was delivered with a plastic one. The dealer however kindly replaced it with the stainless one and it looks great against the dark blue paint. 10/10 for customer satisfaction so far.

Two pics of our new car attached.

Watto.

post-103875-0-09824700-1299366497_thumb.

post-103875-0-35576500-1299366599_thumb.

Nice looker Watto,must admit I,ve not seen the blue one in the flesh,but it looks stunning. Is it the diesel AWD version?,my Dad,s has the urban pack on his, well worth the extra money. You will be well chuffed with the MPG, the diesel one my Dad has, nearly always returns 55 to 60mpg. The one thing I would keep an eye on is stone-chips,I don,t know wether it,s the shape of the bonnet but it is very prone to the odd stone-chip.

Anyway keep posting on your new experience

Regards Clare

Just a quicky regarding price.The BMW dealer on island has a brand-new Mini Countryman All4 cooperS ( albiet very well specced)the price on road!!!!!!£26000 now how dare they say the U/C is overpriced

Yes it is the AWD Diesel. I only realised today there is no Badge or letters to show which model it is. Not sure if this is a Toyota thing?

MPG at the moment shows 48 on the display. I think this resets itself when you re-fuel so I will try and do my own calculations by brimming the tank a couple of times and see how accurate the display is.

The UC certainly drives as good as it looks. It feels really surefooted with no under-steer on bends and very little body roll. Most useful features I think are the keyless entry and start and the bluetooth phone link. I've been annoying my kids all afternoon by calling them to test it out :)

How weird is it that since ordering back in early January we have been looking out for other UC's and haven't seen any but today there was one (black) parked in the drive of a house down my street!!

Hi,Watto, I got hold of a D4D self adhesive Badge (Toyota of course) on E/Bay and stuck it on the rear door (bottom righthand side), just purely to tell fellow motorists that the U/C is a diesel vesion!!!!!! (sad or what). Another thing I did on my Dad,s U/C was add a pair of Phillpis DRL,s - bottom sides (L&R of bottom grille) proper job, go off when side lights are on.They really look cool

Regards Clare

MPG at the moment shows 48 on the display. I think this resets itself when you re-fuel so I will try and do my own calculations by brimming the tank a couple of times and see how accurate the display is.

Hi

You may like to use the Fuelly website for fuel calculations...

Just Google it or click on the icon below.

You need to set it to UK units though.

:thumbsup:

David

• 4 months later...

Nice !! Very Funky looking car !! If its the same colour as they use on the Rav its called Dark Blue Mica.....

It certainly looks very similar to the colour of Our Rav......

Rav4July2011005.jpg

031.jpg

Its a colour that comes alive when rubbed with a rag... Its a bit of a booooger to keep clean like most darker colours but looks great when cleaned.

I saw My first Urban Cruiser yesterday while crossing the Forth bridge at 6.30 in the morning and though wow what a refreshing change from the normal eurobox it was ....

Wee Charlie.

• 1 month later...

We have had our U/C for a couple of weeks now and are very pleasrd with it. Only two isues. I didn't realise that there is no DAB. The DAB button does nothing and hoe good would this car be with a 2.0L turbo diesel engine?

We went for the blue D4D it being the nicest of the poor selection of colours available.

Stunning colour!!!! seen Tyrol silver, black mica and dacuma grey, but not your colour.As far as i am aware Europe is the only place where Toyota do the diesel U/C.The Japanese ist is a 1.8 petrol version as is the Scion Xd (USA version), but no-one has a 2.2D4D version. I think that would possibly be a bit to big an engine for the size of the U/C.

The DAB radio issue seems to keep raising it,s head on this forum and no one except Anchorman has come up with a logical explination, must admit mine is the normal radio so really don,t know alot about them.

What you want to consider is buying the Side-protectors and corner protectors as they do work.

Let us know how you go on with your new U/C :thumbsup:

Regards Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links