Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Tyres

Rob-D4D

Hi i've got a set of Corolla Compressor wheels but they didn't come with tyres. Can any Compressor owners tell me what the correct tyre size is for these wheels and the correct tyre pressures. Anyone recommend me a good tyre? Thanks

the correct size is 215/45/17 but i have 215/40/17 prada spec2 on mine they grip well. Pressure should be 32psi.

i'm probably gonna get shot for this but i have and always will stick to 30psi all round unless i buy like an m3 or something where it's rear wheel drive and the pressures with that sort of car would actually matter.

i'm probably gonna get shot for this but i have and always will stick to 30psi all round unless i buy like an m3 or something where it's rear wheel drive and the pressures with that sort of car would actually matter.

Okay, tyre pressures always matter, whether that be rear wheel drive, 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive. Power is also irellevant. Nothing improves handling like tyre set up and choice of tyre. If you have low profile tyres(even semi - low) then the correct tyre pressure is even more important in order to protect the wheel. Uneven tyre wear and inadequate contact patch are just a few of the problems asociated with incorrect tyre pressures.

Okay, tyre pressures always matter, whether that be rear wheel drive, 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive. Power is also irellevant. Nothing improves handling like tyre set up and choice of tyre. If you have low profile tyres(even semi - low) then the correct tyre pressure is even more important in order to protect the wheel. Uneven tyre wear and inadequate contact patch are just a few of the problems asociated with incorrect tyre pressures.

like i said mate, knew i'd get shot down for saying that but it's what i do so i said it... lowest profile tyre i've had day to day contact with was a 45 profile 215/45/17 on mates mk4 Bora running 30psi all round no issues.

i guess if i had a nicer car i'd look after the pressures more. having a 65 profile tyre 195/65/15 i can drive with 15psi and not hurt the rim hehe :P

if you want budget tyres then nankang ns2 are pretty good. obviously they arent any where near the midrange- top end tyres but for the price they are good. came with my wheels and im very happy. not too good in the wet but loads better than most budget tyres

lol yeah so ive read. still the best one yet out of all the cheap and nasties ive tried so far ;)

lol :thumbsup: tyres are one thing you should try and never do cheap! its the only thing holding you to the road! less than an a4 sheet of contact between you and the road :thumbsup:

falken ze-912 have good reviews on tyrereviews.co.uk ....

I can't justify spending more on tyres than my wheels. lol I'm very poor. one day I will try Toyo proxes i have promised my self. not for a few years yet though. Haha