Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

58 Reg Avensis Oil Filter Removal Tool

tinhead261

Ive managed to find the oil filter but there is no way to get a chain wrench in there, is there a tool you can buy which will remove it or is it destined for the garage again ?

If you can reach the filter at all, try using thin rubber gloves-you will be surprised how well they work!

Invest 5 or 6 quid buying an oil filter cup wrench - it goes over the end and has a square hole for attaching socket tools.

Do a google for Oil Filter Cup Wrench - just make sure you get the correct one to suit.

See the link below for an example of what your looking for.:)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_199193_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

If you can reach the filter at all, try using thin rubber gloves-you will be surprised how well they work!

Thanks for the info, I have had another try but the thing wont budge just with hands, probably a little tighter than normal. I think it will have to be a wrench to free it. Regards, Andy.

Invest 5 or 6 quid buying an oil filter cup wrench - it goes over the end and has a square hole for attaching socket tools.

Do a google for Oil Filter Cup Wrench - just make sure you get the correct one to suit.

See the link below for an example of what your looking for.:)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_199193_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

Hi there, thanks for the info. Halfords was a good guide but they dont do the size (65mm) that toyota needs, they only do 76mm which dont fit, thanks for the warning to check size, it came in useful. Now all changed successfully. Regards, Andy.

I have 58 reg 2.2 Diesel and have just examined the filter and done my first removal.Forget all the fancy tools just get a screwdriver and put it against one of the two vertical pieces above the flats on the filter housing. Then give it a tap with a hammer .This frees the filter which can then be unscrewed by hand . On refitting the filter remember the torque should be that requred to compress the o ring . Turn it by hand until the ring is compressed . Then a small tap will Lock it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links