Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

07 Rav Check Engine, Cvs And 4X4

07 rav

I have an 07 rav and my check engine, cvs, and 4x4 light has recently come on. I took it to the mechanic and he said it is probably the o2 sensor. I had heard other people have had the same problem, got their o2 sensor replaced and then the light came back on. Any advice will be appreciated.

check it with OBD scanner. i had check engine, check 4x4 and check VSC. i was cleaning the EGR valve and i forgot to plug it... IMHO it can be anything, several people got it just with wrong closed tank lid.

I have had the same issue VSC / ABS / 4x4 warnings come up - happened before Christmas (all the snow) - I have cleaned the rear drivers side ABS Sensor and it made no difference.....what has happened over time is that since the weather has got better, from being on all the time (the errors that is) - they would disappear for the first few miles but would come back on....But since the weather has really dried up it has now not been on for almost a week.....So my assumption is that the ABS wire from the sensor to the connection in the car (as in the part that is open to the elements has taken on moisture and shorted out, but with the better weather has dried out...) - thus restoring the signal!

Long term I will see what happens - I might even give the wire a coat of silicone...

For the full story - see this....http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119158&st=0&p=1071079&fromsearch=1entry1071079

"Check VSC/TRC" came on for the first time when I drove for 200 yards with the back door open, a mattress hanging out of it, over speed bumps (at 4 mph) round two corners on a hill. It seemed reasonable when I thought about it. A few starts later the light turned off. Since then it's come on several times, at increasingly frequent intervals. Common factors that might be causative include unusual loads (e.g. passengers in the back) and setting off in reverse, especially on a hill, with full lock.

After the second occurrence I asked my Toyota dealer to look at it. They charged me a fortune to say "no fault found" and advise that if the light comes on for no good reason, it will turn off after 5 starts. I suspect there's more to it than that, e.g. some minimum interval between starts, but it does clear eventually.

[The light also flashed on briefly when I was driving last winter on what turned out to be a sheet of ice. In effect the light was saying "can't help you here, mate". Scary]

"Check VSC/TRC" came on for the first time when I drove for 200 yards with the back door open, a mattress hanging out of it, over speed bumps (at 4 mph) round two corners on a hill. It seemed reasonable when I thought about it. A few starts later the light turned off. Since then it's come on several times, at increasingly frequent intervals. Common factors that might be causative include unusual loads (e.g. passengers in the back) and setting off in reverse, especially on a hill, with full lock.

After the second occurrence I asked my Toyota dealer to look at it. They charged me a fortune to say "no fault found" and advise that if the light comes on for no good reason, it will turn off after 5 starts. I suspect there's more to it than that, e.g. some minimum interval between starts, but it does clear eventually.

[The light also flashed on briefly when I was driving last winter on what turned out to be a sheet of ice. In effect the light was saying "can't help you here, mate". Scary]

The light flashing last winter was saying (you are getting my help mate but you have exceeded the limit of adhesion).

It would help if you added what vehicle you have to your profile. Petrols and diesels play up for different reasons. The first post here comes from a Canadian vehicle and as the owner says, probably relates to an O2 sensor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links