Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Convert Back To Toyotas (A G6R This Time)

So I bought a G6R

After fitting and removing the white wheels I've deffo decided to keep the standard wheels and refurb them now when I've got the spare cash (not this year!). The colour scheme I'm thinking at the moment is bronze spokes with anthracite inners for something a little different. I need to do a photoshop mock-up to see how it will look....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• So I bought a G6R

• KPARRIS-JONES

• PaulinhoT

• Ben_G6

This will be interesting, do you have a side view of your car to mess around with in Photoshop ?

Hi Paul,

I need to get a proper piccy done now (as the wheels are currently lined up!) - do you fancy a bit of wizardry if I do??? :thumbsup:

Yeah I don't mind, I'm off work most of Saturday, and most week nights, so post it up and I will give it a go :thumbsup:

Hey that would be cool Paul, thanks very much! I need to get the right angle on the piccy, will have a go tomorrow if it's not raining!

Cheers :thumbsup:

A good move to use the standard wheels I really like them, far more than the others! Just get them done in their original colours though, no flashy crap! :thumbsup:

KP

• 3 months later...

So Adam, it's been a while since you told us about your lovely G6R as well as your G6R register...? I will forgive the fact it doesn't include TTE's lol, I guess there common now.

How did you get on with your wheel change plans, and also what was the story with the white one you were selling ? Have you looked into any upgrades, or are you just happy as it is ?

Please tell :yes:

I've got a bit low on cash funds at the mo so any upgrades are deffo on the back burner for a while yet. But it gives me a good chance to think about the car! I'm really pleased I got that TTE rear spoiler off the white one before I sold it as I haven't seen another one for sale yet.

The standard wheels are staying with the car. I still don't know what colour scheme to go for on them but will seriously consider bronze inners when the time comes. I've done 5k miles in it since I bought it in Feb and not one thing has gone wrong - good old rolla reliability!

I know the feeling on the cash front, all I've had to do these last few months is spend, spend, spend.. if it's not the house its family things.. still come the end of January I will be well and truely back on track :thumbsup:

As for your rear TTE spoiler, they do go for a fair few pounds, and I can't wait to see it sprayed up and fitted on your G6R, The wheel plan sounds like a good'en, and again can't wait to see that too.

5k isn't bad is it, I did 200+ on Sunday and the car didn't miss a beat :thumbsup: mine just clicked over to 117k yesterday when I was dashing about, and it still feels like new.

Go back one page mate, it's all sprayed up and has been on the car a few months now! ;->

Shame about the red spoiler though... every time I buy replica it takes ages to sort and sometimes I have no choice. The front wings of my GTi are a decent example, she needed heaps of work to get them to the OEM level.

Just avoid them if you can and as said, take the TTE ones!!

KP

With a full body-kit I would think differently purely because you'll be spending ££££ to do it in the first place. Plus no body kit is a direct fit and at that level you do what you can to salvage. :)

What are you going to do about it then!?

KP

Well (not nicking your thread Adam) I have been thinking of just some splashes of carbon, and some massive white motorsport wheels with the arches rolled ? not sure.

Talking of bronze wheels, on another site there is a G6R with gold/bronze wheels, looks rather nice..

DSC00376.jpg

Talking of bronze wheels, on another site there is a G6R with gold/bronze wheels, looks rather nice..DSC00376.jpg

Rather nice? I think that looks like s*x on wheels!!!

By the way SoI... are you based in the South London/Surrey area?

The spoiler looks rather naughty! And I have been toying with the idea of getting those Twin Cam 16 Stickers for me GTi, still undecided though!

KP

I wish my SR was black now as that looks stunning!!!