Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Top Rubber Seal

Dparr59

Hi I Purchased A 1 Year Old IQ From A Toyota Dealer About 3 weeks ago

Just noticed the Driver and rubber Seal On the window where the glass goes into is twisted

has anyone else had this fault and did Toyota fix it Under Warranty

Or be fixed under warranty

thanks

David

post-106002-0-44585300-1299695122_thumb.

Hi,

I have noticed that on mine at the weekend too, I've had mine from new, and it wasn't like that before. It looks like the window has caught it when I've shut it.

I used a knife to pull the seal back down for now, but it is going into Toyota to be checked, so will let you know if they cover it under warrenty. They should do as not a day to day wear and tear part.

Dan

Just noticed the Driver and rubber Seal On the window where the glass goes into is twisted

thanks

David

I had the same on the passanger side door also.

It is covered under the warranty and takes about 50mins to do :thumbsup:

Hi Thanks For The Reply's

I called at my local dealer today and he's booked it in for next week under warranty.

Also found a recall for the steering rack to be replaced on the car too.( A certain Batched made are to be replaced and this car comes under it )

Part due in Mid April

Thanks

Again

David

thanks

David

My computer doesn't show the picture very well so I am not sure what the problem is.

I suppose if I had the problem I would be aware of it!

Any chance of another pic?

Hi

Stand Outside the car and Look at the rubber seal that holds the electric side windows in place at the top,look at the top rubber seal channel where the window goes up into it.

Mine looked like it has pinched the rubber seal and pushed it up in to the top channel.

So from outside it looks like the window has gone up outside the rubber seal but really it has only pinched the seal and moved it inside slightly.

If yours is the same you can not fail to notice it because the top seal will look uneven where it has pinched it.

Ps. i will try to take another picture in the daytime

Thanks

David

Hi

Stand Outside the car and Look at the rubber seal that holds the electric side windows in place at the top,look at the top rubber seal channel where the window goes up into it.

Mine looked like it has pinched the rubber seal and pushed it up in to the top channel.

So from outside it looks like the window has gone up outside the rubber seal but really it has only pinched the seal and moved it inside slightly.

If yours is the same you can not fail to notice it because the top seal will look uneven where it has pinched it.

Ps. i will try to take another picture in the daytime

Thanks

David

Thanks for the description, David, I think mine looks OK so far.

I got the same problem too but since the car is an import, local Toyota probably won't fix it for me without a big chuck of $$$ :(

• 1 year later...

Just noticed ours is like this on the passenger door too, which would explain why the window bounces back sometimes when closing!

Will drop it into the dealer this week for them to take a looksie.

Jus

I know - old thread revival time!! I was just searching for similar problems. Mines a late 2011, I think the OP's car is early 2010 so its not a "faulty batch" then. Any idea what causes it? I'm sure my local dealer will sort.

Actually, I just took Mrs Justnitus to work and our drivers side is the same as well. Doesn't seem to affect drivers side window operation but does sometimes affect the passenger side.

I was looking to the carwindow and saw the same issue with this rubber.

Due to the fact that my car is out of the warranty I have to pay it myself.

The problem is that I my dealer changed the rubber one and a half year ago within the warranty.

I don't know what I can do now.

I think there is a issue with the construction of the window because it happens again within one and a half year.

So if I ask to change the rubber I can imagine that in 2 years it has to be changed again.

It happens with Dutch cars too and it is one from 2009.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links