Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Trust Toyota?

Unklian

i bought my aygo and had all servicing and warranty work done from shields toyota hamilton until they suddenly overnight closed up and shipped out all fittings and vehicles in a flash!

I had several issues with both shields, the staff, their work etc so looking forward to have a new dealer..........

the local approval then went to arnold clark!!

i visited them twice - once for a full service and they hadn't ticked the 'change brake fluid' box and no consumables to that effect on invoice yet when they were contacted by me they assured me IT HAD BEEN DONE but tech didnt tick box so they sent me at my request a new sheet that was ticked!

2nd time was due to a recurring rust issue on doors that they sent me round the houses for to 2 different branches and 3 different depts!!

when i complained about this their customer services team, basically told me that they do not feel they can attain the level of service that i expect (which is simply do the right thing 1st time and tell me the correct branch/ dept to go to!) so now it is in hands of the head of Toyota GB Customer Relations as all 4 of my local dealers are arnold crap and the one that Toyota suggest is halfway across scotland and i still have the recurrence of the rust to sort on both door frames and the high level brake light aperature and just spotted the other day that under both door seals (3 door 2007 vintage) the inner sills/ lip seal fits to are VERY BADLY CORRODED!!!!!!

all thia on a 4 year old 'quality, economical car' which goes through front tyres every 8-10k miles, brake discs 20k, gets 35/40 mpg at best and has had numerous warranty issues with trim, fuel tank sender, exhaust, corrosion, seat trims (full leather option fitted from new), seat frames loose/ rattles and most of these (fuel sender and seat trims/ frames in particular) taking probably no lie about 40 visits so far and still waiting on corrosion ones to be sorted!!!!

bah humbug.

i bought my aygo and had all servicing and warranty work done from shields toyota hamilton until they suddenly overnight closed up and shipped out all fittings and vehicles in a flash!

I had several issues with both shields, the staff, their work etc so looking forward to have a new dealer..........

the local approval then went to arnold clark!!

i visited them twice - once for a full service and they hadn't ticked the 'change brake fluid' box and no consumables to that effect on invoice yet when they were contacted by me they assured me IT HAD BEEN DONE but tech didnt tick box so they sent me at my request a new sheet that was ticked!

2nd time was due to a recurring rust issue on doors that they sent me round the houses for to 2 different branches and 3 different depts!!

when i complained about this their customer services team, basically told me that they do not feel they can attain the level of service that i expect (which is simply do the right thing 1st time and tell me the correct branch/ dept to go to!) so now it is in hands of the head of Toyota GB Customer Relations as all 4 of my local dealers are arnold crap and the one that Toyota suggest is halfway across scotland and i still have the recurrence of the rust to sort on both door frames and the high level brake light aperature and just spotted the other day that under both door seals (3 door 2007 vintage) the inner sills/ lip seal fits to are VERY BADLY CORRODED!!!!!!

all thia on a 4 year old 'quality, economical car' which goes through front tyres every 8-10k miles, brake discs 20k, gets 35/40 mpg at best and has had numerous warranty issues with trim, fuel tank sender, exhaust, corrosion, seat trims (full leather option fitted from new), seat frames loose/ rattles and most of these (fuel sender and seat trims/ frames in particular) taking probably no lie about 40 visits so far and still waiting on corrosion ones to be sorted!!!!

bah humbug.

My Aygo is 5 years old, has only had its tyres changed once (at 30,000 miles), gets 55mpg without effort and has never had a problem. And I do around 10,000 miles per year, with motorway driving most days.

Every car is different... it's a shame we have such varying experiences and that we unfortunately hear more about the bad ones.

I always get the impression from my local dealership that the Aygo is the poor relation in the Toyota range. I have spent a lot of money with them over the years but the car has never been cleaned while it's with them and they had the brass neck to add £1.84 plus VAT to my last service invoice for topping up my washer fluid which had been done by me the previous day. Any parts I've needed to buy have cost twice as much as the local Citroen and Peugeot place and have BOTH sets of parts numbers stamped on them.

Luckily, there is a local garage round the corner from me where the owner/head mechanic seems to be an enthusiastic and conscientious sort of fellow, so based on that and recommendations of friends and neighbours, he will be doing my servicing work in future.

If it's a matter of trust, I think that Toyota expects its customers to return time and again like obedient meat-puppets and pay whatever they ask for servicing on a mechanically simple vehicle. I don't trust Toyota that I am getting the best value for my money when I spend it with them though I'm sure the work they do is up to standard.

Loyalty, nowadays is only ever punished, so you need to be a clued in consumer and vote with your feet and wallet.

i myself have done a few members servicing on here they never pay more that £80(spark plugs,air filter,fuel filter extra) they get a service stamp in the book and all oe parts used and thats at my work a main dealers and it'll not be the first time ive moved the heat shield,fixed a slack handbrake cable,alighned headlights,fixed nails in tyres all for free not all tecs do but to be honest i dont need bonus to live

the point im making is not all dealers are the same...some do go the extra mile

Im far from being a fan of main dealers both from a buying the car and getting it serviced and repaired viewpoint.

Id be happy enough to work away with our local Ford dealers their price of servicing on a Fiesta wasnt too bad for a stealer. They are a long established outfit and seem okay.

Dont really care very much for the rest of them though id rather work away with a good independent. In saying that however im not completely unsympathetic to the main dealers situation.

Two key areas i have sympathy with them on firstly in Ireland dealers had to spend money on upgrading showrooms to manufacturers corporate spec. For example every Toyota showroom looks exactly the same.

Secondly the situation where a dealer takes in the new latest model goes off and sells said new model in good faith.

Then in a year or 3 the new model gives issues due to design flaws.

On something like a modern turbodiesel a new engine could be 7 or 8 grand or more. So if the manufacturer isnt playing ball with warranty repairs the dealer is stuck.

VW are one manufacturer that seem to like trying to get out of paying for warranty repairs. They are probably okayish on engine stuff. But getting them to do things under the anti corrosion warranty is a bit like getting an MP to fill in their expenses correctly lol.

Lupos have issues with roof corrosion and the wings on Mk 5 Golfs are suffering corrosion. Dealers are slow to do the work under warranty in some cases.

Red diesel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links