Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Compressor Couple Of Issues

mathpac

Hi everyone , owned my Compressor for over about 5 weeks now , and still loving it. But from driving it every day I start to notice a couple of things that aren't quite right.

When turning full lock ( in either direction ) there's a scrapping noise as if it's hitting on the inside of the arch or something....now it hasn't been lowered ( that I know of anyway...) and it looks like the wheel arch lining is loose on the front left side. I need to get under it to fix that , do you recon the noise could be just the loose lining or is there another common fault that I should be aware of ??

Also the brakes make a loud squeeking noise when slowing down onto junctions and things , I read somwhere that something that's common on the Corolla is that they over tightne the hand brake cables sometimes , but would that make a squeeking noise like this ?? I need to get her to a garage soon to get it sorted , but money is running dry at the mo....( having a little to much fun in the compressor means no money ! :D )

Thanks for your help everyone. :thumbsup:

ahhh compressor ownership i remember it well! but seriously brakes could be caliper slider pins sized or pads fitted without squeel plates or worn discs,the rubbing prob what you have said hAve a look for markings.DON,T FORGET THAT SUPERCHARGER OIL LEVEL!

Cheers mate! How do you check the supercharger oil level? I don't wanna have to pay for a new one of those bad boys! Arm and a leg!!!

Cheers mate! How do you check the supercharger oil level? I don't wanna have to pay for a new one of those bad boys! Arm and a leg!!!

just use the search button supercharger oil is on there and a how to guide,i had a charger under warranty and it was dry of oil cost in excess of £2k :eek:

the wheel arch lining is an issue with the corolla, as a few member have gone through a few sets. Its the plastic pins that are the problem.

As for with the brakes you would be best getting them checked.

if they are standard toyota brakes thats why they are squeeling, they always do. get yourself some upgraded brakes and you will be ok.

get your wheel arch liner fitted properly, i lost mine at 90mph haha, and there about £75 from toyota.

The scraping sound could also be tyre scrub; The Yaris is prone to that as you approach full lock

it could also be your cv joint. only way to check that is put the car on full lock, jack the car up and then spin the wheel round.

Thanks everyone, great help! Will have to check the oil tomorrow I think, don't want a bill for a new charger.

Bamber...what brakes have u got on the comp? Ugraded right?

Can I just like fasten the wheel arch with some zip ties or something underneath it somewhere? Haven't taken a look onit yet, but I'm just thinking out loud now.

thats what i did mate, mine came loose on the motorway and all i had was a drawstring bag, so i cut the nylon rope off it, tied the lining up so it wasnt dragging along the road underneath the car and sealed the ends of the rope with a lighter lol. and thats the way its remained 2 years on