Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vinyl Wraps

Blade929

:thumbsup: Hi peeps, just a quick 1, has anybody used vinyl wraps befor? or know of anybody that has had 1 done? just wondered how good they are? thanks

:thumbsup: Hi peeps, just a quick 1, has anybody used vinyl wraps befor? or know of anybody that has had 1 done? just wondered how good they are? thanks

what are you thinking of wrapping ? the whole car or just bits

I was looking into wrapping but a lad down the road from me has had his whole car done and while it looks great he has been told that bird muck can go striaght through it ( a lot more quickly than it will eat through your lacquer) and you can't use a pressure washer to clean your car. I think I am going to use the money on tidying the car up instead

theyre as good as the amount you spend on them, my uncle does this sort of thing along side other signage for a living so im pretty familiar with them. you can get basic coloured/effect vinyls at fairly cheap prices, or you can get expensive ones that are laminated etc which are uv resistant, etc etc and also stand up to bird crap. Its one of those things where you most deffinately get what you pay for.

theyre as good as the amount you spend on them, my uncle does this sort of thing along side other signage for a living so im pretty familiar with them. you can get basic coloured/effect vinyls at fairly cheap prices, or you can get expensive ones that are laminated etc which are uv resistant, etc etc and also stand up to bird crap. Its one of those things where you most deffinately get what you pay for.

the lad down the road must have bought a cheapo version then :lol::lol:

well my bonnet is quite badly stone chipped so was 1st going to get it painted but then thought i could possibly get it wrapped! in carbon maby? go for the jap racer look ;)

theres some really good quality carbon wraps outs there these days.

there was a white celica gt at JAE in 2009 that had a carbon wrapped bonnet/roof and wing.....it looked hot.

edit:- uploaded some pics i have of it.......

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

theres some really good quality carbon wraps outs there these days.

there was a white celica gt at JAE in 2009 that had a carbon wrapped bonnet/roof and wing.....it looked hot.

edit:- uploaded some pics i have of it.......

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

that looks %$(in awesome!! in the white it looks like an integra dc5 :drool:

i was thinking about doing the same as i need a new bonnet and was thinking carbon wrap :yes:

found this

guide

it does seem a good idea and also if i dont like it it can always be removed, cheers for the link! but to be fair i would probably let a professional do it as mine would look like the welsh mountains with all the air bubbles in it haha :lol::lol:

well my bonnet is quite badly stone chipped so was 1st going to get it painted but then thought i could possibly get it wrapped! in carbon maby? go for the jap racer look ;)

why stop there ,when you could go for a tvr esque multi-colour full wrap :lol:

why stop there ,when you could go for a tvr esque multi-colour full wrap :lol:

hahaha if i had the money it would be a full body wrap in matt white with a carbon bonnet :drool:

There was a corolla on the "other forum" which had done the white wrap and carbon roof, looked nice in the distance but up person when i went and viewed it, it wasn't as appealing. I think he decided to sell it on aswell, remember seeing it on eBay a few times.

i think best way would be getting the paint job done professionally. Ive had the front end done on my latest corolla and it set me back £320 up to the front doors as it needed blending in and the finish was very good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links