Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Spoiler For My Corolla

rikroll

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum! I have a 53 plate Toyota Corolla 1.6 T Spirit model which I have used for 3 years now. I'm very happy with my first car, not had any mechanical problems so far (Its done 32,000K).

I just ordered a used Spoiler off a T Sport model from eBay for £100 (the guy was selling scrap parts from a T sport corolla). Its the same black colour as my car but I have no idea how to fit the spoiler when it arrives or whether it will fit at all!(It was sort of an impulse buy!)

My first question is - Can it be fitted to my car?

Second question is - how easy is it to fix yourself or is it better to get it done at a bodyshop/garage?

Third question is - how much will it cost to fit the spoiler onto the hood of my car?

Here is my car :)

058-1.jpg

059-1.jpg

Hope some of the forum members here can help thanks

Riky

well done for spending the extra cash and gettinjg the propper tte one. best to bolt and glue it but just glue will do.

well done for spending the extra cash and gettinjg the propper tte one. best to bolt and glue it but just glue will do.

Hi Riky,

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

1). It will fit fine to your car provided it was removed cleanly from the other car.

2). It is quite an easy job but requires two people to install. Better to get it done at bodyshop if you are not confident about drilling into the roof of your car.

3). Spraying and fitting costs €200 in Ireland but if yours is painted the correct colour already it should be much less than this.

The installation manual can be found here. Make sure you get the Betalink K1 glue! Also get a TTE sticker from a local Toyota dealer for the spoiler if it doesnt have one. Details are as follows:

TTE Gel Stickers (small 8x28mm [For spoiler and sideskirts] ) - PZ439-10430-02

Movistar B)

Have you got the spoiler in your hands? Have you checked same? I am asking because it is very difficult to remove the spoiler from the car without (at least) slightly damaging it.

In case it has some minor damages you will have to visit the body shop to fix (and repaint) it.

Thanks for all the info - it probably be best if I get it fixed from a bodyshop/ garage if it requires bolts! I read in one of the posts in this forum that normally the spoiler is just glued on by toyota when it comes out of the factory..... is this true?

I only ordered it off eBay yesterday ..... so it should arrive sometime next week. Fingers crossed the paintwork isn't damaged when the guy removes it!

I'll make sure to post a picture of the spoiler when it arrives and then when I get it fixed onto the car.

The sellers eBay ID is lez0786-2008 .... he I think owns a scrapyard for insurance written off vehicles and sells the car parts. I saw a couple of corolla's on the website ..... so if any of u need a spare alloy wheel or something might be worth checking it out.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/a1japsparesltd

Cheers

Ya there's a 05 t-sport that I would like the front bumper from, not many of them here. It's a long drive though :crybaby:

They are a good company, theres a grey corolla on there and i got the bonnet off that im sure, i ordered it over the phone at 2:00 and had it by just after mid day the next day.

Hey Guys,

I'm still waiting for my Spoiler to arrive by post :( ..... In the meantime I decided to buy a pair of nightbreaker bulbs from redline UK for £15.99 and managed to get them fitted at a local garage for £5 without having to remove the front bumper! :) I struggled to fit them on myself but ended up with cuts and scraps across both hands.... worth getting them fitted professionally.

I also asked the guy about fitting the spoiler and will do it for £40 .... according to him it only requires glue!

Hey Guys

I'm in need of advice.... After waiting for 2 weeks for the spoiler to arrive ..... contacted the eBay seller and he was having problems removing the spoiler from the car to send it to me. Apparently " unlike other cars, the corolla that was in his yard has the spoiler fitted with glue and he cant even remove the tailgate without damaging the spoiler itself and the rear window" ......... so now i have been refunded ...but without a spoiler :(

Could anyone tell me what the original spoiler attached to 2003 corolla is called ..... is it the E12 TTE spoiler or something else?

Also does anybody hav a spare spoiler willing to sell or place where I can get one from?

Cheers

Riky

Apparently " unlike other cars, the corolla that was in his yard has the spoiler fitted with glue and he cant even remove the tailgate without damaging the spoiler itself and the rear window"

This is what I was telling you about.

Now either you get a new one (tooo expensive) or get a good quality replica one which is just fine.

Hey Guys

I'm in need of advice.... After waiting for 2 weeks for the spoiler to arrive ..... contacted the ebay seller and he was having problems removing the spoiler from the car to send it to me. Apparently " unlike other cars, the corolla that was in his yard has the spoiler fitted with glue and he cant even remove the tailgate without damaging the spoiler itself and the rear window" ......... so now i have been refunded ...but without a spoiler :(

Could anyone tell me what the original spoiler attached to 2003 corolla is called ..... is it the E12 TTE spoiler or something else?

Also does anybody hav a spare spoiler willing to sell or place where I can get one from?

Cheers

Riky

would not have thought a genuine spoiler would be stuck on.maybe an after market one.so dont accept it.

on the toyota tec site the fitting instructions show for the auris and corolla as bolted, on but dont know if if the corolla is the same model as yours.

I can't see how the glue means it is impossible to remove.... I somewhat doubt Toyota would glue it permanently. The obvious one would be to try applying a bit of heat.

And it is already well established that the replicas don't fit so brilliantly, it leaves gaps... and people see them! :P

KP

Thanks madvinegar and acetip

well now my trouble is getting an after market spoiler and getting it painted professionally. Wonder how much it will cost...... btw roughly how much would the original one cost ...something like £700?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-COROLLA-TTE-ROOF-SPOILER-/140511725941?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b726c975#ht_1068wt_672

this is the one i have mate. its not perfect fit but its not bad. just make sure you glue it on propperly and keep it held down tight and you will be fine. if i did mine again i would probably have put a countersunk self tapper at each end too so you dont have to hold it while it dries.

good luck

Thanks Sizzla, Any idea as to how much it cost you to get the spoiler painted or did u DIY it? I got a quote from a bodyshop garage for around £120.... How would you find out the correct colour code for my rolla? Its metallic black thats as far as my knowledge goes (I presume toyota only sold corolla's in one type of black rather than different variations!)

ahh i just did it myself mate in black, (car is silve/blue)

corollat3sport on here had his painted professionally, same spoiler.

cheers, I might order that one then, when you say "its not a perfect fit" .... how unperfect is it??!! lol .... is it not sitting on the top of the tailgate properly or the spoiler. If you can post a pic of ur spoiler whenever possible that wud be great to see the end result :)

The Toyota spoilers are glued on with 2 small nuts in the middle of the spoiler holding it with the tailgate around about a quarter of the way in at each end. Although it may be considered easy to remove... it is REALLY NOT. From the few I have removed one of the spoilers broke. Best way to attempt to remove it is using cheesewire and pure strength and patience. The replicas are a dodgy fit and not i would definitely reccomend to bolt them in.

If you type in corolla tte on eBay search you will see a red tailgate, i would reccomend just getting that and getting it sprayed and swapping the locks. that way you will know its a genuine spoiler that will look perfect and it will probs cost just a bit more to paint and fit but worth it

like sizzla538 said me and him have the same spoiler and we glued it on, its a decent fit i think, not too bad for a replica, i have seen some that are very bad aha

i got mines sprayed professionally and should be under £80...mines was £70 i think

if you visit my thread rikroll you can see pictures that may help you decide

any other questions please done hesitate to ask :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know. I got my spoiler fitted today ...... its still got masking tape holding it firmly until tomorrow. I will take some pics when the car is nice and clean after the wash and polish.

I got the original TTE spoiler in silver from a scrap dealer for £75 and the bodyshop garage charged me £120 to get it spray painted in black and fitted :)

nice one dude! can't wait to see pics. changes the look of the whole car don't it? hope the gaps ain't too bad. I'm thinking about getting some kind of rubber seal to cover up mine. like on double glazing.

nice one dude! can't wait to see pics. changes the look of the whole car don't it? hope the gaps ain't too bad. I'm thinking about getting some kind of rubber seal to cover up mine. like on double glazing.

I got mine sprayed and fitted for 60 quid and it was a good job. Used two bolts on and then also glued it, Looks mint, changes the car loads