Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not A Prius, But An Auris

stevethegibbon

Hi all, Im a new member, although I've owned many, many Toyotas over the years.

On Monday, 14 March I pick up my new Auris Hybrid and Im just wondering if any of you guys have any experience/ comments or thoughts on this fairly recent model?

Welcome, there are quite a few Auris owners on here not me though ;-)

Hi all, Im a new member, although I've owned many, many Toyotas over the years.

On Monday, 14 March I pick up my new Auris Hybrid and Im just wondering if any of you guys have any experience/ comments or thoughts on this fairly recent model?

Hi Steve, welcome to TOC.

I would suggest reading back through recent posts or doing a search for "Auris" or "Auris HSD" in this forum. There is a separate Auris forum as well, but topics specific to the HSD model are usually posted here. You can spot the Auris drivers from the summary information under their login names.

It's also worth remembering that the Gen 3 Prius and the Auris HSD share the same drive train (and the Gen 2 Prius is not so different either), so many Prius discussions will also apply to the hybrid Auris (e.g. basic operation, techniques for improving fuel consumption, use of the "B" and "N" gear selections, making sure your dealer uses the correct engine oil (!), etc.).

If you have any specific questions post them up and I'm sure you won't have to wait long for a response.

Hi Steve,

Welcome! And it's great that you're another HSD owner.

I've had mine for six months now and am loving it. The only advice that I'd give you is, if I were doing it all again I would just stick the car in Normal (neither ECO, EV or PWR selected) and go enjoy the car - get used to it and don't worry about fuel consumption, that'll take care of itself. That said, you might want to use EV mode for moving the Auris into and out of a garage if you put it to bed at night!

Enjoy and just shout if you have any questions!

Oh yes, you might fancy joining us sad people on fuelly.com to track your fuel consumption if you're not already a member!

Mike

Yes indeed, enjoy and don't get too hung up on the saving fuel techniques like some of us saddo's!!

Yes indeed, enjoy and don't get too hung up on the saving fuel techniques like some of us saddo's!!

driving.gif

Hi Steve,

I've had my Auris HSD for about five months and I am really happy with it. Good luck with yours. :thumbsup: