Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Extra Lights

WAYNEOLEEDS

Anyone got any easy modification for a cheap and easy boot light and a mod for the interior light when the passenger door opens ?

i know what ya mean.. no boot light is a pain.

I know you can get those touch lights from JML which you can stick in the boot.

just get some LED strips and wire them into the back of the lighter or the Battery with a push in off switch in the boot so when yo open the boot they come on. or just a switch you can switch on manually. loads of carpet and stuff to hide the wires under.

Phillips make a motion activated LED lamp. I've got one in my boot, it works really well. They cost about a six or seven quid from supermarkets.

Phillips make a motion activated LED lamp. I've got one in my boot, it works really well. They cost about a six or seven quid from supermarkets.

you got the link or a pic ?

That's the model I've got. I bought mine from morrisons but it's widely available on Amazon and eBay. There are a few threads on fitting the interior light to a passenger door switch on the forum.

Couldnt you go for soemthing like this in the boot? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KITCHEN-PELMET-PUSH-TOUCH-LIGHT-SILVER-3-PACK-NEW_W0QQitemZ400136409999QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=217762898942&rvr_id=217762898942&cguid=52ac90f312b0a47a07007400ff388523

And for the passenger door light. I think i saw on my107.blogspot.com there was a guide to it? Correct me if i'm wrong :)

Those pushlights are fine too, but you have to turn them on manually.

And even worse: turn them off... I forgot plenty of times, resulting in dead batteries...

how do you fit them to the boot ?

They often have an adhesive back, or you can attach them via velcro. I've got a push-on one from IKEA that cost about £2, and I've got it stuck to the back of the rear seats (I don't fold them down much so it doesn't really get in the way, either). You could fit it to the underside of the parcel shelf I guess if you used the velcro fastening, though :) or wherever really!

Even thought about using a pressure style switch leading to the boot, so light comes on when boot is opened and off when closed

Even thought about using a pressure style switch leading to the boot, so light comes on when boot is opened and off when closed

if youve done it and its easy let me know ill try to do it :)

I've allready fitted a microswitch within the boot-catch.

"Only" have to make a light in the boot and wire it up,

but I can't be bothered lately...

I used a reed switch and a magnet stuck on the tail gate so nothing shows or gets in the way of the boot lip :thumbsup:

n95bt.jpg Switched Voltage : AC 125V (RMS), DC 175V Switched Current : AC 230mA (RMS), DC 400mA

a18jq.jpga18jq_rear.jpg

72 Superbright White LEDs

3 Strong magnets on rear for magnetic fixing

Swivel Hook for hanging

Light mode on/off

All from Maplins

Anyone got any easy modification for a cheap and easy boot light and a mod for the interior light when the passenger door opens ?

Get courtesy switch from Mr T, fit it and then run the wire behind the rear panels and under the back seat to the other courtesy switch, Done..

It took 15 minutes max :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Like the light bar above just a round light with a magnet got two one in the car such a good light and one stuck in the boot as my boot light :)

photo246u.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links