Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strawberry Is Hurt!

Harriet_Beaumont

I drove into the garage today and there is a little bit of metal that sticks out from the side that is too low down to see from inside the car. I hit it. It made a horrible sound like my car was squeeling! :-(

I looked and it has scraped the paint right off! It is quite a deep scuff too.

It's not the first thing either. I clipped a sign post a couple of weeks back too.... I KNOW! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME! So now both sides of the bumper have marks on them!

post-83079-0-03740100-1299948880_thumb.j

I am a student and I have no money, so I have to fix it myself, it is the only way. I don't know how to though! I have a friend who is a bit of a car expert and they told me I need spray paint (which i have bought from toyota which is an exact match) primer, top coat, something to fill it out, i don't know. Can anyone help by telling me what I need to do?

Personally, In your predicament I would leave it. The bumper isn't going to rust because its made of plastic and spraying may end up looking a right mess.

That why car have bump strips on them and all you have scratch it is bump strip on the bumper so no big deal it can be sorted when your money is in better order.

Sorting that bump strip shouldn't be too hard.

Although i am a bit confused... 'Strawberry' is blue..... and not a Corolla blink.gif

:lol:

Although i am a bit confused... 'Strawberry' is blue..... and not a Corolla blink.gif

:-) Why should she be a Corolla? o.O I know her name is a little odd but.... the shape just reminds me of a strawberry, plus I chose the name before I chose the colour... :D

:-) Why should she be a Corolla?

Probably because you have posted in the Corolla Club forum :thumbsup:

:-) Why should she be a Corolla? o.O I know her name is a little odd but.... the shape just reminds me of a strawberry, plus I chose the name before I chose the colour... :D

As dangermooser said.... you're in the Corolla section :lol:

I can move the thread to the Aygo section if you want?

CRAP! I guess I am having a "stupid day" :S Yes please could you move it, I am not sure how :-)

CRAP! I guess I am having a "stupid day" :S Yes please could you move it, I am not sure how :-)

Mere mortals can't move threads..... behold the powers of the Super Mods!robot.gif

DON'T use aerosols, it will make a mess of the bumper. Buy a paint touch up stick from your local Toyota dealer. You will get a two pack - color coat and clear lacquer. Clean the scratches (and the area around them) using a little washing up liquid and warm water, rinse and let dry. Washing up liquid is a good degreaser so only wash the area around the scratch, as it is good at removing wax too!

When dry, apply a few coats of the colour coat to build up the paint and then follow up with about three coats of lacquer. Nice thin coats, otherwise that paint will sag and run. Follow package instructions on time between coats, but should be about 10 mins between coats. Leave to harden for a week or two and then use fine scratch remover such as T-Cut and then apply a good coat of wax.

You need a good dry day for this where the temperature is not too cold, so you may need to wait a few weeks, but don't worry as the bumper is plastic.