Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 Non Starter With "steering Lock Still On" Message.

benxt5

As title suggests, my rav would not start today when I pushed the start button. Instead the information panel on the dashboard said "steering lock still on". It did this a few times until I turned the wheel slightly and held it as pushed the start button. That worked.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? I guess it is just that the wheel was in just the wrong place for the lock to disengage and needed moving slightly just like when you use an old fashioned key car! I'm thinking that it must be expected as they have programmed a message for it.

I just need my mind putting at rest that nothing is about to go wrong!!!

I'm sure it's fine, but keep your eye on it. It's as you suspect, just the equivalent of a mechy (rather than elecy) released steering lock getting a bit stuck, which happens from time to time, i.e. when you have to move the steering slightly to get it to release.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links