Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

I've seen a few manual Supra's around, not sure I'd go for that version as the auto with 326bhp is more than enough for me! they are BIG cars though, you could fit 2 rolla's end-to-end with one of those.

My collection will be whittled down soon - the white one will be sold on and a 1960 VW Beetle I have will be on the move as well hopefully but getting people to stump up £4.5k for a 51 year old car is tough going in this economic climate....

As for the G6R, I think I'll be hanging onto that for a while yet. 42mpg, rare as f00k (not seen another one on the road yet even though I know they're out there) etc. plus at just over a grand invested in it, why get shot of something so damn reliable?

But I always have a hankering for cars, and I would like to try out a few more Jap waggons like a Civic Type R, Integra, and even an Audi S3. I know the Mrs wouldn't like me having all those cars and I can understand why! But if I can get another on limited mileage insurance for under £200 per year I could be tempted....

What other cars are you looking at? The Soarers are a bit bland for my liking. The V8's have something about them but I can't see the point in a 2.5? That wouldn't be much more pacey than your rolla?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

One of the cars I was actually looking at was a Mk1 1.8 MX5, I've had 2 of them (despite the stick I get), and I really love the rwd and balanced chassis.

The thing is I know if I sold the SR I would kick myself lol. hense hanging onto it. Also it tempers me, as normal I tend to push on a little with faster cars.

I think I will just sit on my hands for the time being.

The A3 1.8T is a very nice car, as is the Integra and Type R, I'm a little ltd for parking where I live, despite there being 3 cars in my house hold, I know I would be hated if I got a 4th lol.

• 1 month later...

Well not much of an update, I put some oil in my car yesterday. Only a 1L top up, not bad I thought.

No other updates really, car is still only doing 25miles a week, so mileage isnt really going up. Also still sat on a pot of gold itching to spend it lol.

Seen a couple of GT4's cheap, although Im not sure of the work needed to swap the engines over ?

The front bumper really is pink now, and the roof spoiler has a few stone chips, amazing what 6 months use can do.

Hi Paul,

I've seen a few red Toyotas go pink. My old 80's celica went the same way, shame really. Looks like they will both be in for a paint up soon - any ideas how much you'd get charged?

I have no idea whether a GT4 engine would go into it, maybe others could answer that one...

I have been quoted £300 to do the front bumper, and thats if I prep it.. the body of the car is ok, just the plastic :crybaby:

£300 is a lot of money, esp. if you prep it yourself! Mind you, my TTE rear spoiler was £125 so I guess £300 is about right as there are a lot more nooks and crannies on it. Still seems like a lot of money though :o

I would also like some brakes that work well

you would go a long way with upgraded pads and braided brake lines

I think I will have to do that, the car stops well, but not how I would like it to.

I would also like some brakes that work well

you would go a long way with upgraded pads and braided brake lines

I think I will have to do that, the car stops well, but not how I would like it to.

i use ferodo pads and some eBay type braided brake lines (think the brand was "magnum" or something like that)

you will get allot more responsive brakes than stock

I have been quoted £300 to do the front bumper, and thats if I prep it.. the body of the car is ok, just the plastic :crybaby:

It's got to be worth it for such a great looking E11 though :drool:

Easy for me to say as it's not my money but,yours is one of my favourites on here :yes:

Don't worry jw67, Paul is just wanting us to tease him with upgrades he can do to his car! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the good words about my Rolla, :thumbsup:

Next week my work hours should return to normal, as I've been training a new person at work, which has kept me at work to about 10pm most nights :crybaby: But from next week I will return to my 9-5 work plan, and hopefully be able to put some much needed time into my car.

I think an oil and filter + plugs change is needed, as I've done about 1000 miles in 6 months. The guy who owned it before me (Thank you for looking after it SO well Mr.Grzegorz) must of done it very often as the air filter (OEM Toyota panel) is still clean. But given the low cost of it all I will replace that.

I found a Blitz panel filter on Fensports website, but there always out of stock :crybaby: so that will more than likely stay OEM. Also had an email back from Tina at Ultra Racing UK about an upper front strut brace, so I phoned back about 20mins later to order it, but to get no reply :crybaby:

Still I won't give up just yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a little update today..

TTEbadge.jpg

Not much I know, but for the last 2+ weeks I've been in serious pain due to tearing rather a few muscles in my back and groin, not having much luck at the moment lol..

:rolleyes:

But one thing I have decided, and that is to keep the car.. so I will try and pick up the odd little bit here and there :thumbsup:

I always use Osram night breakers as the bulbs are 100% legal yet offer upto 90% better visibility, there also a pretty cheap modification.

Bulbs1.jpg

Hi mate, that's a nice looking E11 you got there, love the white alloys on red! I was just wondering if you still remember the exact model of the Osram night breakers you use, or even better if you could give me a link to a page that sells them?

Thanks very much

EDIT: Seems to be the H4 one, is this right? I've got a E11 as well, would this be an easy swap? Thanks

Thanks, the car is a very nice drive.

As for the bulbs, yeah there H4's and I order all my bulbs through a company called Regal Auto bulbs Click this

Good prices and fast postage :thumbsup:

As for fitting them, it's not too bad a job, so you should be ok.

Sorry to hear about your injury mate, but glad to hear you're keeping the rolla. Have you seen another one just like it yet? (I'm betting on 'no'!)

Nope not seen another yet, kind of make me smile knowing there isnt many about.

Just a small update:

My Corolla (Connie) is still going well, although I feel I may have 1-2mm play in a tie rod end as the front tyres are ok, yet I tend to get a very tiny amount of camber pull now. When I get time I will stick it up on the ramps at work (back allowing).

As for my plans, well my savings took a knock the other day (domestic bliss stole £1k :crybaby: ) but that's ok as I've not been able to find many parts. Although having said that "Parts King" on this very forum came up trumps with my TTE Grill Badge. Phoned him early yesterday morning from work, seemed like a very nice chap :thumbsup: and today I come home from work to find this on our dinning room table.

Bag.jpg

How sad is this but I was very pleased and happy with my post (don't normally get any :D )

badge.jpg

Well it took me very little time at all to hobble out side and fit it...

Grill.jpg

I think it looks really good, didn't notice the massive stone chip though :angry: still the car is used daily.. and isn't a trailer queen by any standards..

Thanks again for the post :thumbsup:

Ha, yeah I will soon, just want to have the front bumper sorted and to paint a few things behind the grill :thumbsup:

Well this morning I have been up and busy with the car, not done a great deal as my (poor) old back is still giving me problems :rolleyes:

Anyhow, the other week I noticed a tiny damp patch on the carpet in the rear of the car, so this morning as the rest of the U.K slept I decided to take both rear lights out and soft seal them back in.

1-1.jpg

Both rear lights felt tight in there wholes, but I wanted to make sure the foam seals were in place, plus to give them a good clean.

2-1.jpg

Small tool kit today, as I can't carry out my big box lol.. and yes that is vaseline, I wouldn't recomend using it on rubber as it damages it, but as the Corollas lights are sealed in with foam I thought the smallest of use will soften it a little, plus give it a better chance to keep the water out.

3-1.jpg

As you can see above the problem is simple, the foam wasn't even put in the correct place, letting in the odd tiny drop of water. you can also see 1/2 of someones garden in there lol.

4.jpg

Needless to say this was all cleaned spotless lol.. (should of got a photo of that really)

5.jpg

How annoying is this lol.. I wonder if it's been like that since new ?

6.jpg

Anyhow's all back together, sealed with the foam in the correct place, just wich I had taken some photos of how clean it was behind the rear light :thumbsup:

After that I had plans to clean up behind the grill, but I was exhausted due to being out of action for nearly 5 weeks :crybaby: Still one part at a time.

So on my way home from work today I stopped off at my friends bodyshop to make some further enquiries about a few little jobs that needed doing on my car. I spoke at length about my wild plans for the car next year, and how I had made the choice to poor some capital into Connie :thumbsup:

Craig had a good long look around the car and said the car is so straight it's well worth doing, and could only find a couple of tiny little pin dents. Like I said most of the plastic has started to fade, and it would need a strip back and respray, we agreed on a base price for the front bumper, but then spoke a little about a complete respray as there's some tiny little white dots on the roof (he did tell me what this was but I can't remember).

Well onto my front bumper and some full frontal photos with my TTE Badge :thumbsup:

Front2.jpg

You should be able to see the fade better...

Front1.jpg

Square'ish on.

The following photo shows what I want done, basically where the break ducts are, I want the backs cut off to actually allow them to cool the breaks. Also I want the bit behind the number plate cut out to.

Front3.jpg

I'm not to sure if I'm up to cutting them out myself as it's plastic. I will then put black mesh behind the wholes (not sure how), this should help keep the leafs out :thumbsup: and also aid cooling if I plan on doing anything under the bonnet ;)

Most of these things won't happen until just after Christmas, I have home and family commitments to sort first.. so all I can say is rolla on next year :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links