Do Not Sell My Personal Information

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

The marks on the bulkhead are indeed for a strut brace, the one fitted as standard on mine uses them.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

Yup as stated by tibs thats where the standard brace goes :)

Im guessin you didnt get proper silvertec bulbs for the front indicators? As there still showing orange :P the silvertec ones are completely chrome. Thanks for the tip on the side repeaters, i thought that rubber seal was double sided sticky tape so i havent bothered fitting my silvertec 501s yet as my side repeaters are already clear and didnt fancy pulling them off.

Looking good anyway. Amazing what the little touches do to a car :)

can someone explain to me what a strut brace actually does, is it like a rollcage

I fitted Philips Silver vision bulbs in the end, as Halfrauds messed me around with the others :thumbsup:

Plus thanks for the good comments, basically I'm doing all the jobs I can do :thumbsup:

can someone explain to me what a strut brace actually does, is it like a rollcage

a strut bace links the 2 suspension turrets together so it reduces the flex in the chassis during cornering :thumbsup:

looking good mate coming along nicely :thumbsup:

That brace looks the Dogs Danglies mate!! :thumbsup: Good man for doing the work yourself as well, I cringe when I have to drill bodywork.. :lol:

A much needed addition, how does she handle now? Is it any tighter? Also... could you please measure the sizes of the brace? i.e. the length between the two opposite holes? I want to see if they will fit my AE92. I am told they have the same front end hence why our engines are fully interchangeable.

KP

It feels a lot more synchronized, so it's defo doing it's job :thumbsup: but I've only done some very low speed driving, mainly to check it's all tightened up ok.

As for the size, I will go out tomorrow and have a measure for you ok ;)

Here we go KP,

I went out bright and early this morning with my sliding rule just after the F1 race (knew it would come in handy one day lol).

Picture323.jpg

Good to hear :thumbsup:

OK, so no real update this week at all :crybaby: been very busy at work (again) which is nice. I have managed to go and take some measurements off my front bumper ready to look for some bits.

GrillMesh.jpg

I measured the mesh to get the size I needed..

BumperMesh.jpg

As well as checked to make sure it was the same size on the bumper :thumbsup:

Sunny.jpg

So the plan is to order up some new mess for the extra parts I'm going to cut out, and try to find some fog lamps that are roughly the same size as the ones fitted into the bumper now. Not sure how I will mount any of this, but time will tell.

Are you brave enough to cut into that ultra rare TTE bumper?!

Surely the gap will be asking for an intercooler to fill it ;)

lol.. I hope the cutting goes to plan, but it will be done in a body shop, and my friend Craig knows how rare it is :thumbsup: plus I will stand over him lol..

I only plan on having the brake duct backs and the bit behind the number plate cut out, well thats the plan.

I ordered the mess tonight, 16mm x 10mm hole size, so should be near exact :thumbsup: and yeah the extra gap behind the number plate is for my (not so) secret plans for next year (additional engine bay cooling is an essential addition ;) )

I was also looking around for a slam pannel plate, like they fitted to the E11 WRC.. any ideas on that one Ben ?

Well not much of an update, but a small one :thumbsup:

Mesh.jpg

My diamond shape mess arrived today from Poland, very pleased with it as it's 100% like the OEM Toyota grill mesh.

Now to order some fogs :rolleyes:

I like the effort here, rather than just plumping for any old mesh, good work :thumbsup:

I REALLY like this car and what your doing with it!! :thumbsup:

Have you checked hella lamps to see if they do something simular for the fog lights?

Thanks Tibs n Steven, and no Steven I've not tired Hella, but I will drop them an email now, thanks :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well despite all the help I've still not had any joy with some spotlights :crybaby:

Not done much else to the car other than had the power steering belt tightened at work due to my steering feeling a little notchy when first started.

Still I'm off all weekend so will carry on my hunt for these !Removed! lights :rolleyes:

;)

Great work with those indicators Paul! I wish I'd had the time before I flogged that white TTE replica to get the clear side indicators off it :-<

Thanks, yeah they do look better don't they :thumbsup:

I'm still really pleased with the car, despite only having 109bhp :eek: I still smile every time I drive it.

125 - 130bhp and these lil' motors would be perfect mate;->

Stange how the E9 had a 1.6 twin cam with 130bhp - would one of those fit in an E11?

I'm not to sure on the E9 engine swap, I assume so as pretty much anything can be made to fit. I'm still looking at the GT-4 options, but it does require a LOT of money thrown at the car. Although this is part of the plan for next year, I may revert to a tunned black or silver top, still trying to sort which is the best option on those fronts.

200bhp will I think be enough, and should allow me to happily follow my friend Craig in his DC5 :thumbsup:

I have found a set of fog lights in the United States, there not OEM by any means, but there the same size. The problem is the £90 shipping costs, so the search for some 3.75" lights carrys on lol. Once I have these the front bumper will be removed along with the rear spoiler and they will be sprayed together.

Also found some gauges I like, but there electronic, so have no idea if they will work, not sure if they take a feed from the OBC ? and even if my Toyota has one that will allow that kind of output.

Still road tax at the end of the month, then Christmas, and then the shopping starts :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Not much of an update this week.

I did manage to get this seat from a friend,

Cobra.jpg

It has a tiny bit of wear to the side, but is other wise fine. I'm not sure I will put it in my car as I just don't think it will look right. So I will either use it in my office at home, or build it into my sim cockpit plans lol.

I've not heard anything from the Fog light seller in the USA, so I think I will try someone else :thumbsup:

200bhp will I think be enough, and should allow me to happily follow my friend Craig in his DC5 :thumbsup:

If 200bhp will keep you happy id just go with a 2zz conversion ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I spent out over £200 today on my car, and that was just for my road tax :crybaby: lol.. &#33;Removed&#33; road tax (now go fix some potholes).

I gave the glass a clean today as I'm off to a Japanese car meet tomorrow. I noticed that the N/S side glass had lots of black dots all over it. Then when I looked a little closer I noticed the whole right side was covered in black dots. I assume it was dots of tar or little dots of black paint. Lets just say I spent 3 hours on my ***** sat on the edge of the pavement cleaning every little one off. Then I polished the side just before it got dark :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting on my front fogs, but thats ok as there's plenty of other things I need to do. I'm looking at some different tyres, to see if I can gain a little more grip. But other than that I've not been doing much, working hard and playing Forza 4 a lot :thumbsup:

Well today I ended up moving some furniture which isn't the best thing for my old mans back :rolleyes: still, it got me out. I also put a rag and water over Connie.

Front.jpg

left.jpg

NSide.jpg

osiderear.jpg

OSrear.jpg

rearlight.jpg

Rearspoiler.jpg

SuperSic.jpg

reardirty.jpg

RS.jpg

The RS visits my road a few times a week :thumbsup: