Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

Ah, i hadnt seen the top of the spoiler :( funnily enough mines picked up a stone chip on the front very edge - ive had to fill it in and sand it back. Crazy how stones can get up there! Did you see the custom TTE badges i had made up?

Ill forward the booster list to you as soon as i get chance. With a wide arch kit youd prob be looking more at 2k+ for fitting looking at what the ford boys pay. £3k for the kit is a silly amount of money though!

Connies looking as good as always. Love the MiM wheels on her :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

O.K. a little update today, some of you may have read my other post about power steering issues, and how the power steering belt was stopping along with the pump. Well today my friend took my car away to swap the power steering pump over with a new one, fluse the fluid and change all the belts.

Needless to say by mid morning he had contacted me to say that the pump he had been sent wasn't the same, so he had cleaned mine out, put some new fluid in, also put 3 new belts on, and the car had stopped doing what it was doing. A bit of a result I thought, and it saved me rather a lot of money.

So this afternoon I got in my car, drove home and couldn't fault how it felt, it parked a dream as well :) so I'm rather pleased lol..

3 new belts, some fluid, and a clean and go...

Result :thumbsup:

Just shows how well toyota made these little E11s!

Yeah thanks Steven, saved me a whole lot of money :)

The belts looks lovely and black :) and like I said, the drive home was rather a nice one. So oil and filters sooner than I thought now :)

what mileage are you getting out your corolla Paul ?

what mileage are you getting out your corolla Paul ?

Do you mean mpg? I get about 29-31 miles per gallon in normally driving mode :)

love those rim`s mate :)

Thanks, there MiM's 16" wheels, need a clean mind :)

think I worked out the prices as following:

"WRC" frontbumper wide-edition + 8cm £373.76

"WRC" Frondfenders Left £370.75

"WRC" Frondfenders Right £370.75

Insideprotection for frondfender Left £108.51

Insideprotection for frondfender Right £108.51

"WRC" frontgrille £198.31

"WRC" Composit bonne real air-intake £374.76

"WRC" wide rearfenders Left £295.31

"WRC" wide rearfenders Right £295.31

Insideprotections for rearfenders Left £ 26.12

Insideprotections for rearfenders Right £ 26.12

Roofspoiler model " WRC" £334.57

Total pre duty £2587.47

21% import duty £543.36

Grand total £3130.83

Not a nice number is it :( I was quoted about £1k - £1500 to fit and paint.. which just ads to the sillyness.. On a Sunday morning that seems rather a lot lol

wow, that is crazy money! i reckon you should ditch the idea of improving the style and go for power mods, keep the kit you got on as it is awesome looking anyway, plus it'll be a sleeper car!! go for something like a 2ZZ-GE transplant which would be rather special as i only know of 1 car that has done this, albeit it is on a AE92 GTZ Levin, and there is currently another lad doing this conversion to his AE111 levin! i reckon that could be achieved by using the grand total for the WRC wide bodykit alone, although it'll depend on how much you are doing yourself...

wow, that is crazy money! i reckon you should ditch the idea of improving the style and go for power mods, keep the kit you got on as it is awesome looking anyway, plus it'll be a sleOeper car!! go for something like a 2ZZ-GE transplant which would be rather special as i only know of 1 car that has done this, albeit it is on a AE92 GTZ Levin, and there is currently another lad doing this conversion to his AE111 levin! i reckon that could be achieved by using the grand total for the WRC wide bodykit alone, although it'll depend on how much you are doing yourself...

You seen the prices of 2zz engines? There £1000 with out ancilaries or a gearbox. Looking at £2k for one plus fitting ontop if you cant do it your self.

That sort of money for only 190bhp? No factory LSD option? Not really worth it.

1k would get you 160-180bhp out of a 1.6 4age engine which just drops in or spend simular money £2k and fit a 240bhp (300 with a few mods) 3s-gte engine? Makes no sense ATM to go the 2zz route as the engines still demand strong money and theres more powerful options for cheeper

chill steve! :)

I was merely throwing some options at PaulinhoT as he seems to have a budget he is willing to spend, something i wish i had! but he is being cautions about it, rightly so as it is a lot of dough. the 4age and 3sge / 3sgte route has already been done many of times, dont get me wrong i am not dissing anyone that is currently or have done the conversion in the past - i was just thinking outside the box... BUT, it is definitely cheaper, when compared to other conversions so more bang for your bucks, and it is proven with many enthusiasts, and it works!! of course all this makes sense. but with a healthy budget why not try something off beat, something different and make something special...

just an idea, btw...

chill steve! :)

I was merely throwing some options at PaulinhoT as he seems to have a budget he is willing to spend, something i wish i had! but he is being cautions about it, rightly so as it is a lot of dough. the 4age and 3sge / 3sgte route has already been done many of times, dont get me wrong i am not dissing anyone that is currently or have done the conversion in the past - i was just thinking outside the box... BUT, it is definitely cheaper, when compared to other conversions so more bang for your bucks, and it is proven with many enthusiasts, and it works!! of course all this makes sense. but with a healthy budget why not try something off beat, something different and make something special...

just an idea, btw...

Sorry if my post came across as a dig, it was not intented that way :) i was looking at putting a 2zz in mine but the cost of them is far greater than other options avalible and you dont get much in terms off power out put from them. Plus the ecu is a nightmare - it has to have all manor of feeds from all sorts of sensors to run correctly which means youd prob have to go stand alone which again is big bucks. An after market lsd for them is £800 + fitting too.

Yes beig differents a good thing, but you also have to consider the cost when comparing the options. Theres a couple of cars as you said already going down this route and i respect the hard work theyve got to put in to get id done and done right. Just IMHO the 3s and 4age seem a far better option.

One again sorry if my post came across bad :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've booked Connie in for her pre-mot this Tuesday, it's not due until the end of the month, but I wan't to make sure it's all up together. The car is behaving a lot better since I've had the all the belts changed, so I'm impressed with that.

I've not posted much up this last month as I haven't done anything to the car really, washed her a few times, but that's about all. Made a few more inquiries about "other" parts, i.e. rear discs, calipers, suspension etc As for the engine plans, well we have had another late 90's 2L Carina come into work to break, oddly the corner of the roof near the A pillar has started to peel away ? I don't think the engine is going to be of any use, and I've not even had a chance to look at it, all I know is that it's very low mileage. I suspect its a "family" engine ? but if I get time this week I will pop the bonnet and take a look.

With the panic buying on fuel I have been rather busy lol.. so haven't had much time to do owt else. I've looked at some under floor braces, and some tyres, although my tyres have lots of tread and work really well, I fancy some Michelin pilot sport 3, as I've heard there pretty grippy, but I can't decide if I should get a second set of 16" MiM's (set on eBay for £250) or get some rather lush Sparcos. That way I could do the whole winter and summer wheel thing that lots of people seem to do.

I liked some of the engine ideas that have been put forward in this thread, but haven't had any time to look into things :( I'm not well off or anything lol, but I'm just fortunate enough to have some disposable income each month ;) (just don't tell the other 1/2).

Sadly this soon gets used up pretty quickly, I've had to buy a new orthopedic mattress due to a continuing back problem (too much motor cross and banger racing as a kid lol). I've also had to get some new electrical plugs etc fitted at home, and it now seems I have lost a tile or two on my roof :( Each an every time I have to dip into my car savings and get it sorted, but soon the sun will shine on me and I will get a break and order some car parts lol.

Well Connie had her MOT today and needless to say I'm a happy boy. The car went through fine, with just a couple of advisories. 1 was the chips in the glass, had that last year, and the other was both front tyres are getting down on there treads, so not to bad to say the least.

Needless to say Connie has only done 2649 miles in a year, so no real shock there. Still now I can begin to start buying some parts :)

Good times.

Ill fo 2600 miles in mine in 2 months..... Get out and use her a bit more paul ;)

Glad she went through mate :)

lol.. thats what my other half said lol..

Problem is as we sell cars at where I work I often drive one of those in the day, and mine for the 2.5 mile trip there lol.

I will be using it this Saturday, want to go for a drive around, and I was hoping the roads would be quiet lol.. fat chance of that.

Cars looking good buddy! :) i highly recommend the ultra racing 3 point brace i have one on my connie :) defiantly a good addition, im currently chasing a few parts trying to get some g6r rear brakes as i defiantly want disk all around ! also chasing my engine conversion now i need ITB's! so hopefully i source one quick! ill be keeping an eye in Paul on updates ;) such a good example of an AE111.

Luke

• 1 month later...

Just a little update,

Well another month has come and gone, and little has happened to Connie. The main reason is that I've just been really busy at work, and I have staff shortages. I shouldn't grumble as there's lots of people in far worse off situations.

Connie is still going really well, and I still can't fault her. Yes the plasitc is a little more pink than it was last year, and I still plan on getting it done asap, what's even worse is the simple fact that the money is in the bank, it's just finding the time when I can't have the car. I was meant to be on holiday this week, but had to work yesterday, and will have to work tomorrow and Friday. So that leaves me little to no time at all to prep the car. Still hey ho, it's only a question of time.

In the mean time, here's some photos I took today :)

lowfront1.jpg

lowrear1.jpg

Hirear1.jpg

Absolutely love her :thumbsup: Shell look amazing once painted ;)

The best colour to have a car in esp a bad ***** e11, very nice rolla, good effort!

• 1 month later...

Well a little later than normal as it's now July, here is my update (where has the time gone..?).

So this month see's me looking at different types of tyres for Connie, the reason being for this is her front's are starting to wear a little and given all the rain we have in the U.K I like my tyres to have plenty of tread on them. My only issue is the tyres fitted on her at the moment are mid-price budgets (CHAMPIRO hpz 45 205/45/16 87W) so I'm thinking of changing all 4 of them at the same time to maintain the cars balance. A lot of people question my madness as does my work colleagues as it seems the majority of people come into where I work and chuck on cheap'o tyres for an MOT, and leave it at that. I'm not like that, I like to research stuff and see what I'm buying.. the only other issue with that is you can lose days or even weeks just reading and thinking lol.

As for my other plans, well my communications with one company to supply me with parts seems to have ground to a halt, the main reason for this is due to my asking for a little bit of discount, given I was just about to spend between £3k-£5k with them you would of thought they could pin down a number for me to haggle with, but it seems I'm wrong. In the world of car tunning you pay what they charge at the end of the job as there "name" dictates that.. again I'm 50% happy with that but when you agree on a plan and set yourself a budget and then they say "well it may end up costing another £3k on top of what we estimate", well that's a little bit much for me to take lol. Still as posted above, I won't give up.. I will just try someone else smile.png

On a good note I did have a letter in the post last week from a Mr Matt Harrison, he's the Commercial Director at Toyota. Basically he has invited me along to test the new GT86 smile.png so thanks Matt, that's a given.

I'm the same with tyres i like to get the best value for money i can. Some cheaper brands are as good as the top ones for alot less money and different tyres suit different cars. I generally buy Barum tyres (Continental's budget brand) for my everyday cars and Yokohama or Toyo for performance.

Well at work today I got our parts department to check out some prices on tyres for me, needless to say I have ordered 4 x Toyo T1-R tyres 205/45/16W. With my trade discount they will come in midweek at below £50 each, so I can't moan about that. Hopefully get time to fit them and get some photos up this weekend :)

toy_t1-r.jpg

Well at work today I got our parts department to check out some prices on tyres for me, needless to say I have ordered 4 x Toyo T1-R tyres 205/45/16W. With my trade discount they will come in midweek at below £50 each, so I can't moan about that. Hopefully get time to fit them and get some photos up this weekend :)

toy_t1-r.jpg

paul how much would it be each with out the discount mate an could yu tell me where i could order them from?

Hi Paul, Good choice, I've got these on my Rays TE37s :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links