Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

99 E11 Sr

PaulinhoT

I really like your car, and from the sounds of it your past experience will really bring out the best in the car i think. Are you going to be aiming for the JDM or Rally look?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

That actually looks great I think, I'm undecided about the bolt-holes.

To pull it off you may want to add in some small details in black, with my AE92 GTi, I have black seals on the door handles. I found this to be a very effective small touch!

71526dea.jpg

d393f514.jpg

Small details like that can really help, even if you don't directly notice and think about it, I often find they make the car just "feel" right as you glance over it.

I'd go with either red/black or black and red wheels. A set of black wheel-nuts would help it along too!

KP

I like the look of the wheels the arches will look nice too but would probably smooth them off if it was me

Any excuse to get a few more pics of that old white banger up!

I agree with KPJ, I'm really into modifications where its not obvious they've been done like KPJs handle surrounds. Anyone that knows about them *may* spot it, anyone that doesn't wouldn't.

'tis the way forward perhaps?

Well today my car had it's MOT, the test wasn't due until the 27th of April but a slot came up for a test today so I took it. Needless to say I was pretty confident on the car as like I have said before it's very clean, but you can never tell. Anyhow the tester brought the car back to me and said the car had initially failed on 2 points.

The first was a missing split pin on the O/S lower ball joint.

The second was a number plate bulb.

He fixed both those little points after the test and charged me 20p for parts :thumbsup: He then went on about how clean the car was underneath and that it shouldn't give me any problems for a long time :yahoo: Not meaning to hex it or anything lol.. but I always preffer to stay ahead on car care and maintenance as it pays to.

So what now, tax the end of May.. and see..

I had saved about £1500 for the MOT (not that I thought it needed it).. so now I have to think about a few little mods.. :drool:

Good news about the MOT - mine's coming up in a couple of weeks, hope it goes at least as well or better!

Any more thoughts on any mods?

Not as yet, I'm just too busy at work, which is nice :thumbsup:

Just a quick questions Paul - the TTE rear spoiler - does it look like it would be possible to remove it from the car easily or is it bonded on really tight? I'm not looking to come round and lift yours don't worry, just if I find one in future.

Cheers

It's bonded on pretty well, although I'm sure a little heat and some fine wire would work wonders.. :thumbsup:

Thanks Paul - I've been looking at my standard spoiler today and was thinking the same thing!

Cheers

Again sorry not much of an update, been trying to clean my wheels up today, not had much luck but hey ho! I've also had to dip into my car project funds to sort a few things around the house, so I'm down to £1k :wacko: but seeing as I haven't found any parts yet, and also that I get paid at the end of the month, well it's not much of a worry.

I did take a few photos outside the house, but my Canon 10D keeps getting dirt inside it :censor:

Anyway, here we go..

gray1.jpg

gray3.jpg

gray2.jpg

Quick question with regards to my cars many radiators.

This one is the coolant radiator which has an electric fan.

coolantradiator.jpg

This one is the AirCon radiator, which sits directly infront of the coolant one, and is actually wider and also has an electric fan.

Airconradiator.jpg

This is where the AirCon is topped up? (not needed) but what does the "H" stand for ?

Aircon.jpg

This one at the bottom is the oil cooler.

Oilcoolerradiator.jpg

This I assume is an oil catchment tank?

OilPurge.jpg

This one is just a random photo on my camera lol

4AFE.jpg

So is it normal for the Aircon radiator to sit infront of the coolant one, also do all Corollas have oil coolers and oil catchment tanks?

The AC Rad is fine where it is, plenty of cars have a similar design, the Prelude I nicked the H22A2 engine from had it like that. The AE92 has an Oil Cooler and IIRC so did the AE86 and AE82. They're very good!

Most cars tended not to have them and still don't in many cases.

KP

Thanks for the reply, seems the engine bay is very well thought out :thumbsup:

Nice looking rola, love that front end.

The H stands for high pressure side of the air con, air con rads will sit in front of the coolnt rad in all vehicles all down to heat transfer the cooler the air flowing through the air con rad the cooler the air con will blow, not sure about the oil catch tank, you got a better pic of it.

I think the tsport has a oil cooler not sure bout yours tho.

The part you identified as an oil catch can is a charcoal canister. All to do with emissions and vapour from the petrol tank. Generally best to leave them in place unless you like the smell of petrol when driving!

No worries mate, yeh Toyota did do some things very well, I only say some because I have spent way too much time having to navigate the engine bay of my GTi :lol::thumbsup:

KP

Hi Paul,

The rolla is looking very nice, I wouldn't be too quick to start modding it!

Just a very cheeky question, please could you take a very close up of one of the spotlights/foglights on the front bumper as lets just say I now have a TTE front bumper in my posession ;->

Cheers mate!

Thanks for all the comments, and yes I was also told that it was a charcoal canister today, but thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

I will take a photo of the front fog lamps tomorrow when I get back from work, there Toyota ones, well one is, the other is cracked with bits missing, not sure when this happened as I just noticed it today.

As for modding it, it's a tuff one, I do want a car to mess with, but this is so nice in its OEM form I don't want to mess it up. Thing is as each month goes by the bank balance goes up and things temp me lol.

I'd put my cash towards something insane like a 3S-GTE conversion whilst keeping the exterior totally OEM :drool:

I'm looking to do something like that with the GTi, one off and utterly insane :D :D :lol:

KP

I want a G6R more and more and more

I know I am going to end up with another car and no space to put it

Dangermooser - Pauls car isn't a G6R though. Having driven a 5-speed and 6-speed 'rolla E11 I really don't see much point in the 6-speed box. Pauls SR would go just as fast, just as quick as the 6-speed (probably quicker!).

Pauls SR does look quite a bit different from a standard G6r - ride height, wheels, front bumper, rear spoiler, all different from my G6r.

Mind you Paul, I could be trialling 16" 6-spoke white wheels same as yours on my G6r soon ;->

Look forward to seeing the pic of the front fogs Paul - looks like you've had the same problem as mine which is why I wanted the pic - to see how and where I'd go about getting replacement glass!

No I know it isn't a G6R, Its more about the shape of that corolla...its really grown on me over the past few months, a nice SR would be nice to, will just have to see what comes my way

I'd love one in black, but I have my eyes on a Rev 3 MR2 at the moment, I could have it for free but needs a place to stay and I can't find one :(

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links