• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaulinhoT

• So I bought a G6R

• Steven252

• KPARRIS-JONES

:o Don't tease me!! I'd love to get it, needs a fair bit of work to get her as mint as the GTi but it's decent :D :thumbsup: Space is a real cow here in MK :(

KP

Again sorry not much of an update, been trying to clean my wheels up today, not had much luck but hey ho! I've also had to dip into my car project funds to sort a few things around the house, so I'm down to £1k :wacko: but seeing as I haven't found any parts yet, and also that I get paid at the end of the month, well it's not much of a worry.

I did take a few photos outside the house, but my Canon 10D keeps getting dirt inside it :censor:

Anyway, here we go..

gray1.jpg

gray3.jpg

gray2.jpg

love the looks of your car mate :thumbsup:

but how about painting the side mirrors red ?

Dangermooser - Pauls car isn't a G6R though. Having driven a 5-speed and 6-speed 'rolla E11 I really don't see much point in the 6-speed box. Pauls SR would go just as fast, just as quick as the 6-speed probably quicker!

Mind you Paul, I could be trialling 16" 6-spoke white wheels same as yours on my G6r soon ;->

You 6 speed box should give slightly better acceleration - particularly 1st and 2nd. But your right not exactly worlds apart! Also, being the G6R you will have a lighter, aluminium bonnet. But all this being said the G6R according to Toyota figures is only 0.2 seconds faster to 60mph than an SR, GS etc.

I wonder how many G6R buyers opted also for the TTE pack when new... Not many if any I'm sure!!

Have you seen the European G6 S? Came with TTE bodykit and TTE 16" wheels - it's lush!

Dangermooser - Pauls car isn't a G6R though. Having driven a 5-speed and 6-speed 'rolla E11 I really don't see much point in the 6-speed box. Pauls SR would go just as fast, just as quick as the 6-speed probably quicker!

Mind you Paul, I could be trialling 16" 6-spoke white wheels same as yours on my G6r soon ;->

You 6 speed box should give slightly better acceleration - particularly 1st and 2nd. But your right not exactly worlds apart! Also, being the G6R you will have a lighter, aluminium bonnet. But all this being said the G6R according to Toyota figures is only 0.2 seconds faster to 60mph than an SR, GS etc.

I wonder how many G6R buyers opted also for the TTE pack when new... Not many if any I'm sure!!

Have you seen the European G6 S? Came with TTE bodykit and TTE 16" wheels - it's lush!

If I'd had the choice Ben I'd have a 5-speed box any day of the week - it's a mugs game having 6 speeds really, all for that 0.2 seconds - woohoo!

Re the TTE pack - very few indeed I'm sure. Maybe your beloved rear spoiler but its such a niche market, plus as the G6rs are either red or black, they wouldn't have bothered with the white wheels (although I will see how they look on my black g6r).

One of our European corolla owners on here has the G6 you speak of I think - its lovely!

Sorry to hijack your thread Paul, can't wait to see more of your car - it certainly gave me some motivation to go and spend a few £££ recently ;->

Looks like the previous owners spent some cash on this E11!

Can't have been many that had this combination of extras.

Seems like a lot of E11 rolla's had quite a few different paint/optional extra combo's if the original owner was willing to pay up - some I've seen with a black top half of the bumpers (front and back), this one has the G6r type solid body coloured (rear) bumper whereas other SR's I've seen have had two-tone bumpers and don't look anywhere near as sporty as Pauls one here.

Tis a rare car no doubt!

The previous owner was very reluctant to sell the S.R which wasn't helped with the second hand car market being so poor at the moment.

Yesterday at work we had the company web site photographer in to take some photos of the New/Used Fords we had in for sale. I walked out to greet him and saw that he had turned up at work in a black E11 Corolla. When I got closer to the back I saw the G6 Badge on the back and asked him if it was a real G6 with a 6 speed gear box, and he said yeah it was. It was actually the 1.4 version, and was a very sweet little car. Next time he is in I will try to get some photos of our cars together and tell him about the Toyota Owners club..

I like the link posted up here for the G6 in red, can't belive it's only going for £999, I would want £1500 for my SR lol... (not that it's for sale).

Right front spot light photos, not sure if these are close enough ?

Offside

osspot.jpg

Nearside

NSspot.jpg

Underside of rear wing (wet)

TTErearspoiler.jpg

Front bumper

TTEspoiler.jpg

Back of spotlight (no space for camera)

spotback.jpg

Engine bay again

Engine2-1.jpg

If you want better or closer still ones of the spots then say so, as I'm off work tomorrow and can play away.

Some of you will notice the paint on the front bumper, this is what I want resprayed, but my local bodyshop wants £300 to do it, I would like the rear spoiler done as well, and yes possibly the side mirrors too :thumbsup:

As for my chassis bits, well I've not heard back from any of the companys I emailed.. all I can think is that there closed between the two bank holiday weekends, so will wait and see what happens next week :unsure:

Thanks for the shots Paul, they're great - at least I know what I'm looking at now. Both of mine were smashed unfortunately, looks like both of yours are cracked (speedbumps possibly?). Wonder where I'd get some new glass from that wasn't exorbitant? Are your spotlight glass branded with any make at all you can see?

I like the TTE info on the spoiler and the bumper - the copies that are floating around do not have this information on them for anyone that is trying to pick up original versions.

£300 for the front bumper respray sounds a bit expensive, it's not as if its too scuffed looking? I'm awaiting delivery of my Haynes manual to find out what the nightmare is to remove the front bumper!

Cheers!

As far as I can see the front bumper is just bolted on, although yours maybe different ?

Tomorrow when I get back from work I will take a better look at the lights, as I think there Toyota ones, but prob made by Lucas or someone like that. As for them both being cracked, yeah I noticed that when I took the photos, bugger I thought lol. I've looked on eBay and can't find any, so may have to go to Toyota...

Thanks Paul, it would help knowing what make they are. I wonder what Toyota would charge for the glass? There's a guy on here that can help with cheaper priced Toyota parts, can't remember his name off the top of my head though!

I'll have to have a look at the bumper bolts when I am next at the car, unless you can easily see them on yours....

The bumper has a few underneath, some on the sides and a couple on the top.

Picture234.jpg

Mine seems to have lost one from underneath :rolleyes: lol

As for the spotlight glass, well I had a good look at the today, and theres some numbers on them, but no make :censor:

Picture232.jpg

Picture229.jpg

Both of mine will need replacing soon :crybaby: , one of the guys at work has a good friend who works at Westover Toyota Bournemouth, so I will ask him to see what he can find out for me (us).

Picture235.jpg

Picture230.jpg

These are the underside of the front bumper, all plastic guards :blink:

Thanks Paul for the pics - very useful while I'm waiting for my Haynes "refitting is a reversal of the removal process" manual.

Have you tried typiing the numbers into google to see what comes up?

I'm going to be needing one of those under engine plastic guards (drivers side) - haven't seen any come up on eBay unfortunately. I wonder if they differ between 1.3 and 1.6 engines :-<

Lovely car here, and a great thread, good work!

Thank you all very much.. I'm still enjoying the car, but saddened by the fact I have money burning a hole in my pocket yet can't find any bits to buy lol

:crybaby:

maybe this will help?

wrc

:thumbsup:

Thanks, but sadly both of those places I have emailed more than once, and so far have had no luck ? or no response.. not sure what I'm doing wrong ?

Well I did a little work on my car today, basically the drivers door bump guard paint was a little thin, so I thought I would spray it over just for the time being.

The photos were taken on my phone, so not the best, and I didn't take photo's of everything I did otherwise I would of been there all day :thumbsup:;)

As you can see the door guard was a little white on the top.

10052011002.jpg

All masked off and papered up :cheer:

10052011001.jpg

A little bit of paint.

10052011003.jpg

Nice and red now.

10052011004.jpg

It doesn't look to far out, so I may end up doing all of the rest :rolleyes:

Hey mate !

I need some answers. What dose a TTE spoiler cost ? Because i bought a corolla on friday lastweek and it has that TTE spoiler. It's fitted on the new modell with the new VVTI engine.

Here is some pics.

225956_128847483858137_100001986593640_204748_511018_n.jpg

222477_128847440524808_100001986593640_204746_1906180_n.jpg