Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor Supercharger

etihad

Woke this morning, and all I was thinking about was the supercharger oil level. Thought instead of letting some idiot at Toyota play around with it to check the oil I'll do it myself.. Took a massive deep breath and started unscrewing. finally got everything out, which to be honest was alot easier than i thought. Had a look at the dipstick and it was almost bone dry!!!!

Just e-mailed amky4422 and hopefully get some oil sent out asap!

Just one thing the gasket looked fine, but some people seemed to change them..by the gasket I'm presuming it's the green thing as you take out of intake pipe right?

Mine seemed fine and wasn't broken, so just left it on and screwed everything back. Do i still need to change it though?

021s.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• etihad

• mightyandrew

• Uber_Luke

• illgryphon

It get quicker everytime you do it mate.

With regards to the gasket you are probably meant to change it everytime you undo the s/c, however i have re-used the old one once or twice depending on how intact it looks. If it's all in order you should be fine, maybe change it when you take the front off again when you put the oil if its condition has degraded. Just get the oil asap, and take it easy while your running low on oil :unsure:

Yeah, he hasn't got back to me yet for the oil. Just been to Toyota and ordered the gasket.

Btw has that damaged my supercharger in anyway running low on oil? It still pulls absolutely fine, but just wondering has it done it any damage you think?

ive email amky4422 him last week about the oil still he has'nt reply back , im quite worry cos i cant get the oil anywhere :(

btw where can i get the oil beside from "amky4422"

Can't you just find out what grade oil you need and order some from another store?

I dont know what grade that would be by the way... :blink:

It is klubersynth GH6-80 of Kluber lubrications, when you top it up spin the charger n check it again, keep doing it until the level stays at max :thumbsup:

ive contacted "Kluber lubrications" they sell in 20 ltr only too much i only need a bit of it, where can i get it???

I will buy it from kluber them selfs. Have you got the number? And do you know how much it is for 20l?? If i get it i will sells however mucj you guys need.

Tel.: +44 1422 205115 - uk

im base in Hong Kong so called my local kluber suppler they sell it around $5000 HKD = £397 GBP 20 ltr i think i need about 1 ltr. but would you deliver to Hong Kong tho?

Ive just been on the phone to kluber and there getting it ready for me to pick up after 12pm. I'm not too sure how much the supercharger will use though.

I would be interested aswell, just got off the phone with Toyota in Hull, and the guy was like " hmm ... That's a strange request to change your oil in a supercharger, never heared of that b4, call Toyota technical ....bye!" .....what a complete waste of time, tool!

Let me know on price.

057wr.jpg

Yeah no worries, once I've sorted my car out, just let me know how much your wanting and I'll get it sent out.

I was talking to guy when I bought it, and he "surprise surprise" knew exactly everything about the compressor. he said they even asked Toyota and told them they can supply them with the oil, and he said they wasn't interested.... Idiots

Couple of points...

1. In order to advertise things for sale on here you need a subscription.

2. in order to send oils via post you need a special licence....

Send out any oils and you're likely to get fined! :eek:

Yup.... it's one of the reasons Parts King doesn't sell oil via post

lol, I'm in leeds buddy.

I think "mightyandrew" might have a hard time driving down...you know traffic on the way, and specially if the charger is low on oil might even blow. :P

Can u give the name and number u contacted b4 regrading about the oil see if they can send it by post

It was the same number you sent me. I spoked to a girl at first, but the person who actually gave me it and had a little chat with was a guy. I didn't get any names. Sorry mate.

Anyway it's all done now. Just came back from my mates garage, whats weird is that the actually oil colour is see through, there is no colour to it at all. The oil before I emptied it wasn't even showing on the dip stick. So obviously drained it out of the old oil, and in with the new. There is also a very faint whine noise now which you can just about hear.

Some picture's my mate took of me doing it :)..

058tn.jpg

064cg.jpg

065pv.jpg

The difference from when it's new to how it looks like when used. From clear to black, the old oil actually felt thicker too.

067w.jpg

Hardly any oil was actually inside it.

070ky.jpg

Why dont you compressor owners write to toyota or ask parts king to put a complaint in to toyota GB.

How can they sell a car when the charger needs oil and you cant source it in the country, They should be able to supply it or find a UK distributor, Whats going to happen when the eBay man vanishes!

Klubersynth will not distribute the oil unless you buy bulk, So it may be a wise choice.

you should be able to go to a mini dealer and buy the oil. its an Eaton charger and I think the oil is common across mercedes vans, minis and basically anything with an Eaton M series charger in it.

I may be showing my lack of technical knowledge here, but it says its an ogura charger in the manual? I am taking that means its just a re-badged eaton?

I bought a metal 1ltr trial tin back last year from someone who was selling it. It was practically full, because there's not a vast amount of oil in the s/c.

it is kind of pathetic such a major car manufacturer couldn't be bothered to organise the sale of supercharger oil in a country where models using a supercharger are available. fair enough you can get the oil if needed but in my opinion it should be as simple as going to the dealer to buy engine oil or picking up a bottle of brake fluid. toyota make some really weird choices lol.

glad to read you managed to get some in the end, do check regularly the oil which came out was very little in volume and dirty!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links