Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Compressor Supercharger

etihad

That's true.

Tried to order oil from parts king before and he can't.

Some sort of transport of hazardous substances or something. Can't remember now it was a while ago.

But I know you can be fined heavily

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• etihad

• mightyandrew

• Uber_Luke

• illgryphon

i think it maybe that the oil is recommended for life thats why toyota dont do it

from the eaton website

Q: How often do I need to change the oil in my supercharger?

A: The sealed oil reservoir in a supercharger is designed to last the life of the vehicle. Changing the oil is not recommended unless you suspect contamination, leakage, or other issues like bearing failure. Also, if your vehicle has an abnormally heavy duty cycle, such as racing or towing, you could consider changing the oil at regular intervals such as 20k, 30k, 50k, or 100k miles depending on usage

but its an eaton m series as said so this should do the trick

oil

correct, its an ogura charger why not speak to fensport they used to supply the blitz kit that used the ogura for the celica? see what they can suggest

I dont think so..you need to ask what kind of viscousoty it is. The ogura supercharger gets really hot. You dont want to risk it if its the wrong type. Am going to the trafford meeting so i'll bring it with me. If anyone wants some just let me know.

Im sure it's because it's a hazardous substance. If you can't dump old oil in your normal bin I'm sure they wont let you post it either.

I dont think so..you need to ask what kind of viscousoty it is. The ogura supercharger gets really hot. You dont want to risk it if its the wrong type. Am going to the trafford meeting so i'll bring it with me. If anyone wants some just let me know.

Id be surprised if you returned with any left over :lol:

When's the Trafford meet? Saw a link before, but can't remember when. If we could arange something there, I'd go. Seems that alot of people have done this- all though it's not recommended .... :) but surely putting oil into something that uses oil would be a natural thing to check for the simplest of people? Lol

I have tried searching for amky4422 on eBay but to no avail.

Does anyone have a link to the correct Compressor supercharger oil that they can post on here? I know that I will need some in the future so I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks.

Id be surprised if you returned with any left over :lol:

agreed..lol

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for also the compressor oil.

I found the oil, but Kluber Spain, only sell it in cans of 20 liters.

investigating, I found that the ogura TX12, which was also another Toyota;

http://mr2wiki.com/MKI/Supercharger

according to toyota this is oil in this reference;

08885-80108

If you put the reference in google you will see that oil is for the SC12 as Toyota calls it, but it is actually for Ogura TX12.

people say that would put GM and Ford are cheaper.

say it is the same oil.

Hello again.

After much study, I decided that I will use an oil with similar characteristics.

Motul Gear 300 LS

Personally i wouldn't. A new charger will cost 1000+ i'd rather invest into.a 20ltr of the correct oil than pay that much, plus you'll have peace of mind.

sorry to go totally off topic but how much faster is a compressor compared to normal ts?

LOL that's when ricc was driving my comp against luke. Not a very accurate reflection haha

Ricc did rubbish on that run and filled the cabin with tire smoke after he decided to take about 3mm off my tread on the burn out lol. Justice was restored later when I ran a 14.72 :thumbsup:

I figured you'd have something to say :lol:

I figured you'd have something to say :lol:

Lol well I cant have ricc besmirching the honor of my ride haha. That was such an ace day out, proper fun meet.

Back on topic however, exactly what ethiad said. Pay the difference and get the right oil. :thumbsup:

Ave t sport 1/4 mile 15.2 and ave comp 1/4 is 14.7

Ave t sport 1/4 mile 15.2 and ave comp 1/4 is 14.7

in other words the comp is pointless cos it's more to insure and more to run in terms of fuel etc? but it would have much more midrange torque i would assume due to the charger?

Just knowing you have 1 of the only 200 car of its kind left in the country does it for me. Plus you always get people asking what it is, and that just tops it up. However never underestimate a compressor...it will shift when its driven right :).