Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Wiper Prob - No Intermittent Or Return To Rest Position

Tristan

Hi all,

I just got this Toyota Corolla 2006 T Spirit 2.0 D4D.

Problem is that the wipers do not work on Intermittent and never return to their rest position.

Could anyone please shed some light on the cause of this?

I have read on the internet it could be a switch (stalk) problem.

Many thanks,

Tris

I have this problem on the Comp, when the wipers have been on for a while especialy if the screen is starting to dry out and when on outo (as the f/l has a rain sensing mode)they will stop part way back and then slowly return. When on single wipe (push stalk up)they stop halfway and I have to push up again to get them to park.

Mr T says that it's the motor that needs replacing,not a cheap option as getting to it is a pain.

My parts chap whent on to an internal Toyota site that flags up costomers problems and it is mentioned and listes the same symptoms and the fix is to replace the motor but mine is out of warranty.

Thanks very much for the reply blutto.

I was out on a long drive last night and noticed partly what you mentioned. What happens on mine is when I switch the wipers to intermittent, it does one swipe, pauses (as it should) and then on the next swipe continues to swipe as per normal non-intermittent operation. After a little use, it seemed settle back to intermittent.

I noticed the same, as mentioned, that the wipers sometimes stop in the middle of the windscreen and then slowly go back to rest position when the intermittent decided to work.

I feared this was going to be costly, I have only had the car for two weeks and after much bad luck with vehicles in the past I was hoping my start to the Toyota experience would be a little better.

Thanks again,

Tris

wiper motor or relay either way might be easier to get the whole lot of a scrapped car and swap it all over?

Is your car under warranty,If so take it back let them sort it :thumbsup:

x2

Just bought the car from Car Giant. I have the AA Service Warranty which covers wiper motors. Maybe it is time for a claim.

Thanks for all the replies guys.