Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Data on Toyata Celica ST162

Mr-Ben

Hi I am a new member having recently bought a 1987 Toyota Celica GT Auto as a project, it's a great car with lots of potential. The problem is the car came with no handbook etc and I have no performance figures etc on it. I have searched the internet for information on UK spec 87 Celica's but I only seam to be able to find information for US spec models, which I am pretty sure will have different specs to the UK cars. Can anyone help by telling me the BHP, the 0-60 and the max MPH for my car? Also any idea where I can get a handbook from, as my local Toyota dealer says they are out of print and the cannot get me a copy?

Hello Mr-Ben – good choice, I used to have one of those and was was one of the best cars I've ever had!

I've got some stats for you but not much for the Auto I'm afraid.

In June 1986 when the Celica MK4 came out it cost £12,000 – auto was a ECT-S electronically controlled four-speed with two-way overdrive at £679.

3S-GE twin cam 16valve with T-VIS variable induction, 5 bearing crankshaft, aluminium alloycylinder head, transversely mounted

Performance figures

Max in 5th 130mph (auto 125mph)

Max in 4th 120

Max in 3rd 95

Max in 2nd 61

Max in 1st 38

0-30 3.2 sec

0-40 4.3

0-50 6.3

0-60 8.3 (auto 9.6 sec)

0-70 11.6

0-80 14.5

0-90 18.0

0-100 24.7

0-400 metres 16.7

Specs

cylinders/capacity (cc) 4/1998

bore and stroke (mm) 86x86

Valve gear dohc

Compression ratio 9:8:1

Fuel system inj

Power/rpm (bhp) 147/6400

Torque (lbs/ft) 133/4800

Steering PA rack and pinion

Tyres 195/60 VR 14

Govt mpg

City/56/75 28.8/41.9/37.6

(auto 27.4/48.7/38.7)

Fuel tank (gals) 13.2

weight (kg) 1545 (auto 1570)

Hope that's of use!

:o:D

You could probably order a Haynes manual for the US-spec model at Halfords - it would be useful I'm sure

Excellent thanks for the data, I couldn,t believe how hard it was to track down.

The auto box on the Celica is taking a bit of getting used to, is the box different to other auto boxes because it has the two way overdrive? The car drives different to more modern automatics I have driven and I am not sure if that is because of the type of auto box or just because of the age of car and that the auto box is perhaps playing up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links