Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For An All-In-One Bass Tube For My Ae111

So I bought a G6R

Hi guys,

I'm reasonably happy with the Speakers in my G6R 'rolla but bass does seem to be lacking somewhat!

I'm thinking an easy way to get some more bass is to get an amplified bass tube (eg a Bazooka) or something similar. I've had a look through some build threads of integrated subs in cars but I want the option to be able to quickly remove it for carrying bits in the boot.

Doesn't need to be anything massive, just to provide a larger sound overall.

This looks reasonable from MTX: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTX-RT8PT-360W-8-INCH-ROAD-THUNDER-BASS-TUBE-AMP-/380255269141

or this for a bit more beef: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/audio-mtxrt12pt-road-thunder-inch-powered-tube-150w-p-24484.html

I've also seen this from Pioneer which looks good and not too expensive: http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?id=430&cat=8&man=0&main=1&userid=978412588397499657175926&firstsel=cat&variation

Any thoughts from anyone that has gone down this route instead of the built-in way?

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I'm reasonably happy with the speakers in my G6R 'rolla but bass does seem to be lacking somewhat!

I'm thinking an easy way to get some more bass is to get an amplified bass tube (eg a Bazooka) or something similar. I've had a look through some build threads of integrated subs in cars but I want the option to be able to quickly remove it for carrying bits in the boot.

Doesn't need to be anything massive, just to provide a larger sound overall.

This looks reasonable from MTX: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTX-RT8PT-360W-8-INCH-ROAD-THUNDER-BASS-TUBE-AMP-/380255269141

or this for a bit more beef: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/audio-mtxrt12pt-road-thunder-inch-powered-tube-150w-p-24484.html

I've also seen this from Pioneer which looks good and not too expensive: http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?id=430&cat=8&man=0&main=1&userid=978412588397499657175926&firstsel=cat&variation

Any thoughts from anyone that has gone down this route instead of the built-in way?

Cheers!

Try FLY active by vibe

^ dude I have just found the deal of the decade on one of those 12" fli's!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FT12A-F3-Amplified-subwoofer-enclosure-Watts/dp/B001EC6B7Y/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

Just £71.49 all in? Sounds incredibly cheap - well worth a punt as its got 4x 5star reviews on amazon.

i had 2 of them in my G6R and loved every minute of it, need good quality cabling tho i paid about £60 just for the wiring kit.

Just purchased it - can't go wrong at that price!

Now all I've got to do is find out where the best place is to feed the cable through from the Battery to the amp - any suggestions please?

Cheers mate

Just purchased it - can't go wrong at that price!

Now all I've got to do is find out where the best place is to feed the cable through from the battery to the amp - any suggestions please?

Cheers mate

passenger side up behide the heater box there is a gromet slit it with a knife carefully and then feed it through there, run the power done the sill of teh car too boot.

run teh remote and phono cable down the middle of the car under centre console so it far away from all power cables.

Thanks for the info mate, I will have a 'feel around' tomorrow. Looks like I will be getting down and dirty with my rolla lifting up the carpets etc. Do they come away easily from the sills - is that the place to lift them from to get to the centre tunnel?

Sorry for the 20 questions ;->

the mtx product is better quality than any other mentioned but since you've bought it wire it up nice and tune it properly should be ok. enjoy the sounds ;)

Do you have/know of a tuning guide online mate?

Cheers

if you look at the amp point both dials to 3 oclock and your sorted on the fly active sub :)

yes carpets come up real easy once center console and sill plates are removed, i personaly removed the passenger seat too as i like room to work...

Cheers mate, you're a star - can't wait to get the sub - its on the way apparently!

lol @ you having 2 of them in the boot! :thumbsup:

if you're turning the gain knob to 3 o clock also then that is very bad. you should setup the gain for your head unit and match it with the sub amp's input stage, just turning it to 3 o clock can damage the sub if you are causing the sub amplifier to clip the signal to the sub due to not setting the gain properly.

roughly speaking gain is set:

1. set all eq's on the head unit to flat, turn off any boost on the head unit/amplifier etc

2. ensure gain is set to minimum on the amp. you should use a test tone but put a good quality cd in play a track you are familiar with. if you can turn off/disconnect the Speakers do so.

3. play a track you are familiar with and know how "it should sound" kind of thing, one which you will easily be able to hear differences in bass response. increase the volume on the head unit such that it is around 3/4 of full. e.g. on an alpine head unit where 35 is max volume turn it up to 25. now go to the amp gain control and increase the gain until you can hear the sub distorting. once the sub starts to distort, reduce the gain until the distortion stops.

the above is a very rough quick guide of how gain should be set on the majority of amplifiers. do bear in mind adding any EQ from the head unit will cause distortion at a lower volume, and gain should be set with that in mind.

Thanks for the detailed info there D4D - I will use your guide. I can disconnect the Speakers easily as I think they're on a separate pull-out clip out the back of my Sony stereo (one clip for power etc, one for speakers).

That CerberusStyle is a naughty boy!

Cheers guys

Thanks for the detailed info there D4D - I will use your guide. I can disconnect the speakers easily as I think they're on a separate pull-out clip out the back of my Sony stereo (one clip for power etc, one for speakers).

That CerberusStyle is a naughty boy!

Cheers guys

That naughty boy is a fully trained IMI vehicle elctrician and car audio fitter. but what do i know *shrugs*

i didn't post that to flame anyone guys, was only trying to be helpful i find gain is something the majority of people, even 'enthusiasts' don't understand properly and it is a sure fire way of cooking your equipment hence me posting the quick thingy RE gain :)

I'm sure there are the majority of occasions when CStyle knows wayyyyy more than me!

And sometimes on those bass tubes they have voltage markings on the gain control so for example if you know your head unit has 2v pre-outs then set the gain to the 2v mark on the amp as a good starting point