Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyot Sub Woofer

earpl

Hi earpl

Welcome to the club :group-cuddles:

My wife has got one fitted to her yaris t sport and i think that it's ok. It's all depending on how loud you like your music. If you like earth shattering bass then the Toyota sub is not the one for you. How ever if you want a little bit more bass to accompany your Speakers then it's ideal. It is fitted under the passengers front seat. Note you will have to lose your tray under the seat as this will interfere with the sub.

jerry!!

hmm, you see at the moment ive got a 150bhp quattro A4 avant, so its a bit of a loss when it comes to boot space. i ame rather impressed with the yaris, ive already fitted ps2, 7 inch lcd screen, night vision camera, and.................smoke generators.... :) (purple smoke)!!

never under the seat !!!!! :wacko: y didnt they put it in the boot do they not like rear speakers or what??? :angry:

Yes the sub woofer for the yaris fit's under the passenger seat. It's only the size of say a box of family tissue box. It's designed to work in a small space. The boot would just kill the sound coming from it.

jerry!!

you jokin?

No i'm not mate. :o

jerry!!

Yep Jerry is right is designed to use the the space underseat. Someone fitted in boot before and said was sh...ocking. Put under driver seat because passenger seat moves properly where as drivers dosent and that way keep security tray.

Does anyone know anything about fitting them?

Just bought one from eBay and haven't got a clue!

The speaker loom supplied will plug into the back of the headset which is accessible by unscrewing some screws and popping open your dashboard :) Look in the "How to's for a more detailed :P explantion of this within a how to change a headset.

their is also a handly bit of carpet cut under the passenger seat to put the wire through :)

Mat

Cheers. I'll no doubt be back for more info when it arrives and I give it a go.

Scott.

smoke generators.... :) (purple smoke)!!

was on about that

well i think neons are a bit !Removed!. so i have "smoke generators" one either side of the car, 8" in front of the rear wheels. they burn for 60 seconds, in a variety of colours (purple being my fav) at the push of a button. (NOT TO BE USED ON ROADS!, McDonalds and other carparks only!! :) )

Hi Jerry!

That yaris sub sounds interesting :drool: I'm wondering how big the sub is 6 inch? 8 inch? Does it come with a small amplifier in the box. My echo hatch currently has high quality co-axial infinity 4 inch dash Speakers with the factory 5.25 inch door Speakers, wonder how much extra bass that yaris mini sub would add? I'm also not into losing boot space ,nor any major boom box, but that doesn't leave any other options for a small sub, not visible to theives. If that is a self amplified 8 inch or bigger unit designed for my car, then I may have just found my next upgrade. :thumbsup:

we'v got a small 8" vibe sub with amp built onto the back. tiny, sits in boot huddled up in the corner. Produced a 127.6 db, standrd head unit and Speakers etc.

Currently looking into re-inforcing the parcel shelf and taking the sub outta its box and putting it on the shelf, most likely stealth it, but her windows are dark so it can;t really be seen anyway. Just gotta find the best way to re-inforce the shelf.

did you measure it or is that what it says on the box

we'v got a small 8" vibe sub with amp built onto the back. tiny, sits in boot huddled up in the corner. Produced a 127.6 db, standrd head unit and speakers etc.

Currently looking into re-inforcing the parcel shelf and taking the sub outta its box and putting it on the shelf, most likely stealth it, but her windows are dark so it can;t really be seen anyway. Just gotta find the best way to re-inforce the shelf.

Dont do this the vibe subs are made to be in an enclosure of some kind,by putting it on your shelf you will be making it a free air sub,but this wont work as it will use the boot as its install.this will be too large an area thus losing the punch it has and your shelf will rattle!Leave it in a box!

Dont do this the vibe subs are made to be in an enclosure of some kind,by putting it on your shelf you will be making it a free air sub,but this wont work as it will use the boot as its install.this will be too large an area thus losing the punch it has and your shelf will rattle!Leave it in a box!

cool, thanks for that. i won't bother then. :thumbsup:

where did u get the vibe sub from was it easy to fit, i still wanna keep the original headunit

as an install from a local place, Huets to be exact. She has standard head unit and standard Speakers. i've no idea on fitting it.

tiktok....hoe is right!

never use an enclosed designed sub as a "free air" sub!

free air subs are designed to work with a lot more air and they have a bigger excurssion to compensate for this! from my expeience free air subs are not really good (in comparrison to their enclosed version!)

james

well i think neons are a bit !Removed!. so i have "smoke generators" one either side of the car, 8" in front of the rear wheels. they burn for 60 seconds, in a variety of colours (purple being my fav) at the push of a button. (NOT TO BE USED ON ROADS!, McDonalds and other carparks only!! :) )

:blink:

Hi Jerry!

That yaris sub sounds interesting :drool: I'm wondering how big the sub is 6 inch? 8 inch? Does it come with a small amplifier in the box. My echo hatch currently has high quality co-axial infinity 4 inch dash speakers with the factory 5.25 inch door speakers, wonder how much extra bass that yaris mini sub would add? I'm also not into losing boot space ,nor any major boom box, but that doesn't leave any other options for a small sub, not visible to theives. If that is a self amplified 8 inch or bigger unit designed for my car, then I may have just found my next upgrade. :thumbsup:

Will take some pictures of it so you all can see ok :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Will take some pictures of it so you all can see ok

so we can all decide if its 6 inches or 8. :!Removed!: :eek: