Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Converting St182 From 5X100 To 5X114.3

ferris360

hi all new to the forum owned my celica for about 4 months now and love it. but strugling to find nice wheels at the right price. but i also have the perfect wheels sat in my garage but there 5x114 is it possible to swop hubs for mr2 hubs or simlar? its a jap import it that makes any diffrence

thanks Tim

why not get stud adapters??same thing as the vw boys use to fit merc wheels to their cars.....

try h&r or eBay...

unsure how easy it would be with adaptors on cars with wheel studs n not bolts also would end up spacing wheels out to much. other is cost of adaptors and maybe having to buy diffrent wheel studs. would probs be cheeper and safer getting hubs of a scraper n fitting them.

price of stud adapters will still be cheaper than 4 wheel bearings and 4 flanges......

whats the off set of the new wheels and whats the offset of the old wheels?

also studs and bolts make no diff to how the adapters are fitted.....

Something like this will do very nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5x100-Hub-5x114-3-Wheel-Adapter-Dodge-Neon-Pontiac-/170487581003?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b1da094b

Drop the bloke an email and see if he can do them 20mm wide or less if your concerned about spacing out your wheels too far :)

Sell the 5x114 wheeels and buy some nice 5x100's.

Why pay a fortune for adaptors? Unles you really, really love the wheels you have.

Then you'll have to notify the Insurance Co as it will more than likely be regarded as a Mod.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmmm... you have just scratched my itch, so here goes:

I have a set of Work Emotion CR Kai wheels that would fit your Celica. Here is a pic of a 5th gen:

t18works.jpg

Actual photos:

img1298.jpg

img1300.jpg

img1301.jpg

img1302.jpg

Here is what the same wheels looked like on my car, only those were 18 inch:

img0779mims.jpg

That was the reason I bought the white 17s as well. I just love these wheels so much. They are my JDM drug.

Now, here comes the tricky part. I sold my car 6 months ago, so these are of no use to me. I am from Slovenia. So shipping a set of wheels your way would be in the area from £70 to £100 and I would have to pack them properly in advance. The reason I am replying to your thread at all is that I am actually looking for 5x114.3 rims for my (wife's) Auris. So in theory we could swap, if I happen to like your perfect rims. Would cost us +/- £100 each, though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links