Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

O2 Sensors Replaced Today Now Car Won't Start!

kevinvic

Well I finally got around to sorting the o2 sensors. I bought 2 denso ones for bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2 but not being mechanically minded i took them to a garage to be fitted. Went to collect the car and the mechanic drove it out for me, engine stuggled to start slightly but i didn't think anything of it. He never reset the Ecu but that did not bother me as i had my own reader. Got home, turned engine off, went inside for reader, plugged it in, tried to start the car, nothing!!! It turns but no fire. I have tried bumping it and also jump start but no joy. The car has always started first time so what has gone wrong? The car is now parked down the street until i get it sorted but before I start ranting at the garage tomorrow can someone please give me a clue as to what it could be. The new sensors were direct fit so i can't understand what the mechanic could have done.

Cheers

Kev

I can't see its related. More likely something else they've disturbed while doing it. Check all the connections, the spark and fuel etc.

I haven't looked back at your previous posts but my gut reaction is whether the sensors were the actual problem in the first place ??

If its not starting even on bump, first things to look for is fuel intake and then ignition. I'd tend to start with the ignition. Maybe a loose wire; earth cable loose; ignition wire loose somewhere; and so on.

I'm also looking at replacing my bank 1, sensor 2 sensor. Can you tell me where you bought yours from as i've seen some on eBay but i dont really trust them. Also seen NGK one, will they do the job? Dont really wont to buy from toyota, too expensive!

I bought the sensors off eBay, think it was A-Z car parts. Bought Denso ones, £70 each and they are fine. The light has now gone out but who knows how long for!!! As for the rav not starting, how embarrased was I. Turns out that the wife had broken the key had had tried starting it with just the key bit. After a heated arguement with the garage, the mechanic went out to the car with the key and the fob loosely attached and it started first time! So, if you break the key you musr have the fob near the key to start the engine!!!!

I bought the sensors off Ebay, think it was A-Z car parts. Bought Denso ones, £70 each and they are fine. The light has now gone out but who knows how long for!!! As for the rav not starting, how embarrased was I. Turns out that the wife had broken the key had had tried starting it with just the key bit. After a heated arguement with the garage, the mechanic went out to the car with the key and the fob loosely attached and it started first time! So, if you break the key you musr have the fob near the key to start the engine!!!!

Thats £690 off the selling price right away :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links