Do Not Sell My Personal Information

95 Camry Terrible Gas Mileage After Tune Up

1995camry

Just did a basic tune up on my 95 Camry and now am getting terrible gas mileage. Replaced spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. At first smelled like gas and noticed about 40 miles less per tank fill up on gas mileage. Tightened fuel filter and checked everything else, gas smell went away, but now smells sort of like coolant and gas mileage is even WORSE, about 75-100 miles less per tank. Any help or thoughts on this would be much appreciated. I don't want to spend a fortune trying to figure out why a tune up would make my car worse off. One plus the engine is idleing smoother.

• 2 weeks later...

I had problems with one of my 3sgte RAV4s. Same - guzzling gas. The garage found the timing was 5 degrees out and the ecu was flooding the engine to compensate. How that happened I don't know. The other thing was the breather pipes were bunged up.

The smell was so bad, I had the breakdown people out but they couldn't find a petrol leak !

Just waiting to get the car back after they fix a wee problem between 3000 and 4000 rpm.

• 7 months later...