Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wits End

Eileen

These people can only be described as parasites making peoples life a misery for having the audacity to make a claim. :thumbsup:

So you would let every claim through on the nod? With the amount of insurance fraud going on , the more investigators the better -it keeps the premiums of the honest down.

Not saying there is any fraud here but surely the company are entitled to fully investigate?

I think it is disgraceful to describe people doing their job as parasites -would you like to described as such? I think you are completely out of order.

These people can only be described as parasites making peoples life a misery for having the audacity to make a claim. :thumbsup:

So you would let every claim through on the nod? With the amount of insurance fraud going on , the more investigators the better -it keeps the premiums of the honest down.

Not saying there is any fraud here but surely the company are entitled to fully investigate?

I think it is disgraceful to describe people doing their job as parasites -would you like to described as such? I think you are completely out of order.

If you hear a "rat a tat tat" at yer door, don't open it.....it's a cat with a machine gun...!!!!!

Big Kev :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I agree that they have a right to investigate, but believe me it's extremely stressful when you're on the recieving end and you know you've done nothing wrong.

For the boffins amongst you is this a fair assesment of the system from trawling the internet?

There are two seperate parts to the remote key, the lock and unlock system and a seperate transponder for the immobiliser and that both parts are in the plastic head of the key? As was the case when the locksmith gave me a new housing for the damaged one.

That at any time a replacement transponder can be introduced to the cars system by someone i.e. Toyota with a programmer.

Then it's simple a replacement must have been done by the previous owner or dealer and that would explain the mismatched keys, simples!

I've found a diagram of the Yaris system here http://www.wiringdiagrams21.com/2010/11/25/wiring-diagram-of-toyota-yaris-engine-immobilizer-system, is it basically the same as the Rav4?

We have 3 friends who have second hand cars who have either only 1 remote or third party keys, 1 is a Mercedes. It must therefore be a common thing with used cars that keys are missing, damaged or replaced when sold on to Joe public.

Eileen

I agree that they have a right to investigate, but believe me it's extremely stressful when you're on the recieving end and you know you've done nothing wrong.

For the boffins amongst you is this a fair assesment of the system from trawling the internet?

There are two seperate parts to the remote key, the lock and unlock system and a seperate transponder for the immobiliser and that both parts are in the plastic head of the key? As was the case when the locksmith gave me a new housing for the damaged one.

That at any time a replacement transponder can be introduced to the cars system by someone i.e. Toyota with a programmer.

Then it's simple a replacement must have been done by the previous owner or dealer and that would explain the mismatched keys, simples!

I've found a diagram of the Yaris system here http://www.wiringdiagrams21.com/2010/11/25/wiring-diagram-of-toyota-yaris-engine-immobilizer-system, is it basically the same as the Rav4?

We have 3 friends who have second hand cars who have either only 1 remote or third party keys, 1 is a Mercedes. It must therefore be a common thing with used cars that keys are missing, damaged or replaced when sold on to Joe public.

Eileen

These people are loss adjusters, it is their job to try and reduce the amount the insurance company pay out by any means at their disposal, If your lost car is worth £10,000 (random figure) and they can get you to admit to being 10% culpable then they can reduce your settlement by £1000.. The "KEY" issue is not relevant, if they are accusing you of do'ing something fraudulent then get them to put it in writing, I am not really aware of the timespan here, but have they made you any sort of offer? If not give them an ultimatum giving them reasonable time to respond, tell them that if you are not happy you will seek guidance from the insurance ombudsman, they will not like this as they have to pay if the ombudsman is involved, stick to your guns do not be brow beaten and you will get a result, however it is very rare for anyone to get the settlement that they think is fair, I also think "private investigators" and "forensic examiners" is utter rot, did you have the Koh i noor diamond in the glovebox? or a dead body in the boot :unsure: Stew

Nah Stewpot....the glovebox contained a document from an eminent lawyer on "HOW TO SUE TOYOTA FOR THE RUNFLAT CARTEL".

Eileen's car stolen by Toyota HQ people.............

Big Kev :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links