Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Do People Use As Storage In The Iq?

sebprice1984

What do you guys and gals use as a means of storage, on most other cars there seems to be some sort of glovebox but the IQ lacks anything to store little bits out of sight. I have looked into the glovebag but bad reviews and dodgy town i live in I don't think it would last a week without getting broke into. Has anybody purchased an armrest storage box from botech? I've seen they make them for the IQ but are they reliable? Thanks

What do you guys and gals use as a means of storage, on most other cars there seems to be some sort of glovebox but the IQ lacks anything to store little bits out of sight. I have looked into the glovebag but bad reviews and dodgy town i live in I don't think it would last a week without getting broke into. Has anybody purchased an armrest storage box from botech? I've seen they make them for the IQ but are they reliable? Thanks

I made a Storage Box with a lid - this sits between the front seats behind the handbrake.

The mat supplied with the car sits on top to help hide it.

I use a tall black rectangular thermos lunch bag from Tesco(£5)

it has a zipped bottom section & velcro closure lid

& also a square black makeup/beauty bag with 3 compartments.(£8)

(Baseball cap sits on top of them)

these sit in the same position as the previous posters.

holds,maps, spare glasses, pens, note book & all the bits & pieces.(sweets)

'Service & owners manual' are in the rear seat under compartment beside the headrests in a air/water tight lunch box.

CD's are on a sun visor carrier, Asda £4.

Using the rear with the back seats in place with a seat cover on the base & the tonneau cover fitted.

for me this carrys more luggage than folding down the rear seats.

3 suit cases & rucsacks easily carried.

De-icer,gloves/hats,spare waterproofs etc are behind the back seats & above the Tyre compressor/carry tray.

george

PS bags behind seats,(netbook/laptops) sat navs under seats etc, a few pounds in the ashtray of cars or even credit cards hidden under the mats.

car thiefs know all the places (its their job day in & day out)

& check these places if they are going to open a car.

brown faux leather box from Wilko 5.99 (sat nav, cables, spare glasses, etc etc) and a 2.99 kitchen utensil holder(sunglasses, mints , rubbish) from QD, under the seat I've got a slim black bits box 1.99 (cleaning stuff)from QD. Recycled wine carrier from Morrison, 99p, sits in the back with spare screen wash, deicer work gloves etc. You can find stuff to store things in, but you have to match storage boxes to the nooks and crannies available.

post-98863-0-86870500-1300436053_thumb.j

post-98863-0-96555400-1300436063_thumb.j

post-98863-0-98463200-1300436073_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have fitted an IKEA storeage basket(£8) and I attached 2 strips of fabric to the back and carefully pushed the poppers through it. The colour matches the interior of the car.

post-111943-0-15212500-1313438060_thumb.

post-111943-0-02266100-1313438104_thumb.

post-111943-0-90684100-1313438210_thumb.

Hmmm.....apparently the U.S. Scion iQ has a storage drawer under the passenger seat. We haven't seen any pics but it's been mentioned in some of the reviews. Probably not for casual use like a glove box.

• 3 weeks later...

What about this?

I have a travel-box on the pullinghook... to transport stuff... :-)

On the pictures the top has been taken off...

DSC07364.jpg

DSC07370.jpg

DSC07365.jpg

DSC07367.jpg

Here on the table (upside-down) is the upgraded travel-box... with extra ventilating openings .. weals on the bottum...

DSC07389.jpg

Here I have made the extra rear camera at the back of the rack ... also visible the rear camera above the numberplate (small but visible). One is used without the extra travel-box and one with...

DSC07374.jpg

And then there is this possibility: Instead of the Toyota glove thingie..

DSC06806.jpg

Here you can see how this was made: http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/realbutcher/iQ-tas-handschoenenvak-leer/?albumview=slideshow

sweet-dentist,

re. rear tote box when loaded.

Have you found you get much loss of traction & extra wheel spin at junctions with the box loaded?

& have you made any changes to the suspension to suit?

I had the rear of my iQ loaded with stuff (and front footwell)

& a single bike set low on the rear Thule bike carrier this past weekend & it was a bit hairy to say the least on the rainy wet roads, even driving to allow for the conditions.

(camping gear & bike never ended up getting used)

george

sweet-dentist,

re. rear tote box when loaded.

Have you found you get much loss of traction & extra wheel spin at junctions with the box loaded?

& have you made any changes to the suspension to suit?

I had the rear of my iQ loaded with stuff (and front footwell)

& a single bike set low on the rear thule bike carrier this past weekend & it was a bit hairy to say the least on the rainy wet roads, even driving to allow for the conditions.

(camping gear & bike never ended up getting used)

george

Thanks for your reply,

The maximum load on the pulling hook is 52,5 kilograms... It turns out that due too the weight of the box and of the bicycle-rack-thing I can only transport 22 kilograms in that flight-case.

DSC05682.jpg

DSC05680.jpg

This is the bicycle-holder...

Where the construction is made on..

DSC05405.jpg

I took some things away...

DSC05417.jpg

DSC05416.jpg

DSC05414.jpg

No problems to the traction...... YET.... :-) but I must agree with you that the springs are too soft and the car tends to shine with the lights in the sky.

And also the car gets a little bit "wobbly" during a ride.

I am on the urge of buying rubber-coils to help the springs to be more rigid.

I have had a bike on this carrier and during 100 kilometers/hour the car gets "unsure" due to the wind the bicycle catches. It was do-able... but the strain on the bike was very hard / I saw it with my eyes that the bike was "bending" backwards... it was connected to the bike-holder with road-straps and the aluminum bike-holder was moving/ bending...

Looks like the one thats under the rear seats. when I get a chance will check it for size to see if it fits under the passenger seat. It will have to be shallow in depth because the bracket is there for the cables for the air bag and seatbelt switch.Or we could wait until the Scion is available and order a spare tray.

David