Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap Insurance?

Pow17

It's not all young people who drive like that, and I know that I won't be a part of the idiot group who makes a string of stupid decisions in their driving. There are many who drive like complete !Removed! and when I see them on the news with half a corsa up their backsides I often think to myself "Natural Selection still exists, good." However you will find that an equally serious if not, bigger issue is the coffin-dodgers. They are offered tiny premiums despite having the reflexes of a chair and the eyesight of a smoked haddock.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait for 3 years for the insurance company to send out a fat man with a clip board to then tell you that they will put the first 50p towards your next car - but sadly it is and so many people feel cheated. I would. And I will. :lol:

Get the coffin-dodgers' premiums to a reasonable level and I will feel a little better, but until then I will be watching my back for the next time one drives through a shop window in their Rover.

KP

LOL

Sunday is the most dangerous day for driving

younger drivers are immature and irresponsible at the wheel

bit harsh i agree with KP its not everyone its kinda why our generation has such a bad rep, at the age of 17 and a half i had every type of driving license except A - motorbike = men in leather = a bit batty :!Removed!: ( going to get s**t for that no doubt :rolleyes:) lol and D (psv) i even have a license to drive on of these 4140681170_2ec665fbdc_o.jpg

Natural Selection still exists, good." However you will find that an equally serious if not, bigger issue is the coffin-dodgers. They are offered tiny premiums despite having the reflexes of a chair and the eyesight of a smoked haddock.

that has got to be the funniest thing ive heard all year lol but its sooo true

Not all young drivers are potential liabilities, and half of them don't deserve the rep they get. However there are always the odd few that do nothing to reduce the stereotype (115mph on public roads?). Insurance is insane for new drivers and seems to take years to reduce.

Agreed, not ALL young drivers immature and irresponsible at the wheel, that was a sweeping generalisation, but the attitude of " I have points for speeding because the limit is only 35mph, but i can still do 115mph" just proves that younger drivers feel they can drive how they want.

There is a mile stretch of winding road near me with a 60mph limit. Most cars can easily drive around these bends at 60mph without any issue, yet there is at least 4 trees with flowers tied to them, and all the deaths have been YOUNG men who drove too fast for the limit of the road.

Here is one of those cases:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/03/11/jail-for-21-year-old-who-caused-death-by-careless-driving/

Sorry if this offends our younger members on here, but the fact remains that you are MOST likely to be involved in an accident with the first 12 months of passing your test, anddriving at 115mph on a public road with a speed limit of 35 is worthy of a ban, and i hope he gets one before he kills himself or someone else.

Natural Selection still exists, good." However you will find that an equally serious if not, bigger issue is the coffin-dodgers. They are offered tiny premiums despite having the reflexes of a chair and the eyesight of a smoked haddock.

Us 'coffin dodgers' are just that! In the majority of cases we have managed to survive the roads and have the EXPERIENCE fhat enables us to continue to drive without breaking the law, showing off to our wives, mistresses, girlfriends, mates down the pub etc. We KNOW where the hazzards are, we can ANTICIPATE where the dangerous bends are, we tend to drive cars that are sensible and don't feel the need to drive round with exhausts that would not put an F1 car to shame nor a stereo that makes buildings shake.

If you wonder why youngsters get charged exhorbitant amounts of insurance, you only have to look at the post above, 115 on public roads in the UK would be shameful, on an island like Guernsey it is simply stupid, sorry I meant STUPID!

I sincerely hope that the miscreant gets a jail sentence soon, before he manages to kill someone that is either indiginous or has chosen to visit that beautiful island.

When you have driven for 45 years without a speeding ticket, or an accident, or can teach advanced driving with a first time pass every time, THEN you can moan about coffin dodgers, till then, sorry Son but 'can it'!

Sorry if this post offends anyone, but I feel very strongly about dangerous driving, there is no need for it at all and although I have no illusions that 'speed kills' speed in inappropriate situations can, and does kill.

• Like 2

Us 'coffin dodgers' are just that! In the majority of cases we have managed to survive the roads and have the EXPERIENCE fhat enables us to continue to drive without breaking the law, showing off to our wives, mistresses, girlfriends, mates down the pub etc. We KNOW where the hazzards are, we can ANTICIPATE where the dangerous bends are, we tend to drive cars that are sensible and don't feel the need to drive round with exhausts that would not put an F1 car to shame nor a stereo that makes buildings shake.

If you wonder why youngsters get charged exhorbitant amounts of insurance, you only have to look at the post above, 115 on public roads in the UK would be shameful, on an island like Guernsey it is simply stupid, sorry I meant STUPID!

I sincerely hope that the miscreant gets a jail sentence soon, before he manages to kill someone that is either indiginous or has chosen to visit that beautiful island.

When you have driven for 45 years without a speeding ticket, or an accident, or can teach advanced driving with a first time pass every time, THEN you can moan about coffin dodgers, till then, sorry Son but 'can it'!

Sorry if this post offends anyone, but I feel very strongly about dangerous driving, there is no need for it at all and although I have no illusions that 'speed kills' speed in inappropriate situations can, and does kill.

Well, I can moan about coffin dodgers, and you don't qualify :P I am talking of the very oldun's who can't see the road properly, who can't think quickly enough to anticipate what's up ahead and who can't brake in time to stop at the red light they didn't anticipate.

I NEVER wander why it is the youngsters get massive insurance premiums, they drive like tits and many of us should be put down, what I am moaning about is the fact that we have been targeted for the market when many elderly folk can't drive safely.

It would be an interesting experiment to see how many extra kids manage to get into higher education if premiums went down and they could actually get to where they want to be. Not being able to drive is a huge set back for me, and it has stopped me from being able to go to the schools that I desperately wanted to go to. What's worse is that it will get to a point where I can no longer afford the insurance, and I may as well not be able to drive.

Injustice doesn't sit well with me, and when two parties who have similar accident rates are given premiums at either end of the spectrum, I'm going to say something.

Anywho, I'm glad a few chuckled at my post which was made a semi-serious/comedic rant :lol: And if that has offended you, then I am sorry. I'm happy to agree to disagree on this one :thumbsup:

KP

I wouldn't disagree with the comment about eldelry people (70 yrs+) and their driving skills, although its probably fair to say that any accidents they are involved in will be low speed bumps, and not ripping out hedgrows and ploughing into tree's.

I would imagine that Mr sunday driver probably causes more accidents than he is involved in by being a little bit too cautious and taking a bit longer to go to where he is going, causing the impatient younger drivers to make silly manouvers to speed past them.

Being cautious is what the insurance companies like. Being reckless isn't. :thumbsup:

Not at all offended KP - we are all entitled to air our views/grievances!

I'm glad you're not one of the few who spoil it for the many.... perhaps there is something to be said for the trial that Norwich Union (now Aviva) had a while ago where they put a 'black box' in your car and charged for the type of driving you actually did.... maybe that's where all insurance should go? then at least you and I and all stages in between would actually pay a fair premium

I will however stand by my statement earlier, motor insurance - at least 3rd party - is compulsory, on this basis insurance companies will charge whatever they like - simply because they can and they know we have to have it!

The other point of course is that if you drive without insurance and get caught, the penalties are derisory and bear no resemblance to the cost of insurance!!! perhaps if the fine for driving with no insurance was equal to 2 years premiums for a 20 year old and plod actually got off his rear and out onto the streets instead of relying on cameras to do his job for him then the 30 quid or so that we all pay to cover those without would disappear....

• Like 1

I like the idea of the Arriva black box test! Definitely removes the need for market research :lol:

I'd be happy to take part in something like that!

KP

I like the idea of the Arriva black box test! Definitely removes the need for market research :lol:

KP

you will have to pay for the box and the fitting of it.will not be cheap.

The black box method of insurance wasn't that expensive, but then it did restrict drivers to only driving between certain hours to ensure they were not tired or driving in poor conditions.

If i recall, they only paid for the miles they drove. This could be fairly good for a low mileage driver.

KP

Ace - I believe at the time the boxes and fitting were free, whether they would be now though is a different matter. I don't even know whether any insurance companies still do the 'black box' option. :(

What I meant was that if there was a grand switch over then I would be happy to participate. It would definitely make the system far fairer and the bias would at least be partially removed.

Just today my dad got a quote for himself to insure my AE92 GTi, it came out to £166! When I quoted it for myself it came out to £79000! :lol:

KP

every type of person speeds, even middle aged guys who think they are going to get away with it, old people because they think they have all the experience in the world

when drivers get caught it is the younger ones that stick out due to their lack of experience and the law and government hate that, this is why younger drivers are targeted more and have to pay high premiums

but there are drivers out there paying clearly too much for no reason at all,

i personally think you should be charged these ridiculous prices after you have done something wrong

drive safe and take care also take it to a track lol

What I meant was that if there was a grand switch over then I would be happy to participate. It would definitely make the system far fairer and the bias would at least be partially removed.

Just today my dad got a quote for himself to insure my AE92 GTi, it came out to £166! When I quoted it for myself it came out to £79000! :lol:

KP

:lol: one get's the impression that the insurance company don't want to cover you to drive it!!

KP

Ace - I believe at the time the boxes and fitting were free, whether they would be now though is a different matter. I don't even know whether any insurance companies still do the 'black box' option. :(

HI Jan&Tone,i live not far from Norwich where Aviva are.in local paper there was an article about the fitting of these boxes for younger drivers and it was mentioned about charging for these boxes.have not heared any more for several months so dont know if they are going ahead with it or not.daugther works for them,but in fire insurence dept.

they use to have wonderful sports facilities,you name it they subsidized it.but since takeover sports grounds,fishing lakes etc have been sold off.shame.

every type of person speeds, even middle aged guys who think they are going to get away with it, old people because they think they have all the experience in the world

Agreed! when I was coming back from Folkestone on the M20 on Sunday evening, all sorts passed us, youngsters driving so called hot hatches, middies driving bmw/audi/whatever and surprisingly enough lots of young women in a variety of cars.

We were doing an indicated/cruise controled 68mph on the Prius which is a pretty good eco speed for that, and I think that apart from lorries, we only overtook half a dozen cars between Folkestone and the M25. I just wondered, in passing, what pills these guys were taking that gave them immunity to speed limits :thumbsup:

Mind you, I did have a chuckle yesterday morning when my eldest Son informed me rather sheepishly that he has to do a speed awareness course 'cos he got done for speeding... actually more of a hearty laugh than a quiet chuckle :yahoo:

KP

HI Jan&Tone,i live not far from Norwich where Aviva are.in local paper there was an article about the fitting of these boxes for younger drivers and it was mentioned about charging for these boxes.have not heared any more for several months so dont know if they are going ahead with it or not.daugther works for them,but in fire insurence dept.

they use to have wonderful sports facilities,you name it they subsidized it.but since takeover sports grounds,fishing lakes etc have been sold off.shame.

I know, I think a lot of these foreign firms (I believe Aviva are Swiss?) have no interest in the company they are buying or it's staff, it is purely a money making exercise - it is really a great shame that staff are no longer valued.

As for the black boxes, there is a company 'insure the box' which according to my mate google is involved.... could be useful for some of our younger readers:

www.insurethebox.com/black-box-insurance-with-insurethebox

I've no idea what they are like, where they are based or how beneficial to younger drivers they would be, perhaps if KP or one of his peers would like to get a quote from them.....

Yeah, but surely you fall off the edge before you get out of first gear??

no its not that small:P i have managed to get 115 mph :P

I really hope you get a ban and are removed from our roads before you kill somone....

Bragging about highly dangerous speeds on TOC will earn you a ban on here also

• Like 1

Agreed! when I was coming back from Folkestone on the M20 on Sunday evening, all sorts passed us, youngsters driving so called hot hatches, middies driving bmw/audi/whatever and surprisingly enough lots of young women in a variety of cars.

We were doing an indicated/cruise controled 68mph on the Prius which is a pretty good eco speed for that, and I think that apart from lorries, we only overtook half a dozen cars between Folkestone and the M25. I just wondered, in passing, what pills these guys were taking that gave them immunity to speed limits :thumbsup:

Mind you, I did have a chuckle yesterday morning when my eldest Son informed me rather sheepishly that he has to do a speed awareness course 'cos he got done for speeding... actually more of a hearty laugh than a quiet chuckle :yahoo:

thank you very much for understanding my point of view :thumbsup:

im only 18 and one of those young drivers and i will admit i have sped before but nothing stupid

i hate people who tail gate me, i dont step on it and get away but indicate left and move out the way! lol

if you wana have fun and speed and what not go to a track, trust me its great fun guys

LMAO at KP, how old are you?

hope you get a nice quote soon though lol

guys guys just carm down i forgot to say that we have a public sprint 2 times a year and its are biggest straightest road and yes its a organized event and the road gets shut off for the day !

So for all u old men that are moaning about young drivers just chill u where young once!

life would suck with out speed :)

And by driving safely, we made it to 'old age ' and earned the right to pass on experience and knowledge.

16 :lol: Just got the GTi on the road today :D

KP

• Like 1

And by driving safely, we made it to 'old age ' and earned the right to pass on experience and knowledge.

what you wont a medal ?

16 :lol: Just got the GTi on the road today :D

KP

KP you make me feel old and im only 18 aha

have you got your license or you using provisional?

how much is your insurance and who did you use?

i want a white gti and a red t sport hint hint lol, good luck with the car dude