Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap Insurance?

Pow17

And by driving safely, we made it to 'old age ' and earned the right to pass on experience and knowledge.

what you wont a medal ?

Do you mean want?

No thanks, I already have 6.

LMAO at KP, how old are you?

hope you get a nice quote soon though lol

16 :lol: Just got the GTi on the road today :D

KP

KP you make me feel old and im only 18 aha

have you got your license or you using provisional?

how much is your insurance and who did you use?

i want a white gti and a red t sport hint hint lol, good luck with the car dude

:laughing: :D

No I have no form of license just yet, and my insurance was taken out by my dad on Classic Car Insurance and it was only £166 per year fully comprehensive with an excess of £250. We took the Policy out with Lancaster Insurance just this week.

:lol: Who wouldn't! The CTS isn't mine though that is my dads, my second car is a Renault Clio which gets left relatively untouched so I don't need to sell my testicles to pay for the Insurance. Thank you mate, yesterday we had a drive in it all the way from Stony Stratford to Bletchely and it was a bloody dream! :D She pulled so hard and the whole set up was great. Unfortunately, my Cam Covers hadn't sealed off properly and when then engine built up the pressure it dumped a fair whack of oil around my bonnet, side of the car and caked the whole engine bay :(

Luckily the Engine had more than enough oil on there anyway, so it hasn't been damaged at all and they will clean it down on Monday and test for where the leaks are - after that they will do the MOT on Tuesday. It was looking pretty dire;

98da0066.jpg

But anyway, back to the Topic at hand - Insurance was dirt cheap for my dad yet I was quoted £79000 for the same policy.

KP

No I have no form of license just yet, and my insurance was taken out by my dad on Classic Car Insurance and it was only £166 per year fully comprehensive with an excess of £250. We took the Policy out with Lancaster Insurance just this week

KP,I'm puzzled mate, if you have no licence 'yet' why are you trying to insure a car that you can't drive legally?

And by driving safely, we made it to 'old age ' and earned the right to pass on experience and knowledge.

what you wont a medal ?

Respect would be enough....

• Like 1

No I have no form of license just yet, and my insurance was taken out by my dad on Classic Car Insurance and it was only £166 per year fully comprehensive with an excess of £250. We took the Policy out with Lancaster Insurance just this week

KP,I'm puzzled mate, if you have no licence 'yet' why are you trying to insure a car that you can't drive legally?

Because I want the car to be insured anyway, I've put £7000+ Into it and id rather have it protected. Plus I am taking it to shows this year, my dad is driving me down to them and she'll be in dry storage when not at shows. :)

I'll be driving it to JAE myself though, I'll have my license by then! :P

KP

LMAO at KP, how old are you?

hope you get a nice quote soon though lol

16 :lol: Just got the GTi on the road today :D

KP

KP you make me feel old and im only 18 aha

have you got your license or you using provisional?

how much is your insurance and who did you use?

i want a white gti and a red t sport hint hint lol, good luck with the car dude

:laughing: :D

No I have no form of license just yet, and my insurance was taken out by my dad on Classic Car Insurance and it was only £166 per year fully comprehensive with an excess of £250. We took the Policy out with Lancaster Insurance just this week.

:lol: Who wouldn't! The CTS isn't mine though that is my dads, my second car is a Renault Clio which gets left relatively untouched so I don't need to sell my !Removed! to pay for the Insurance. Thank you mate, yesterday we had a drive in it all the way from Stony Stratford to Bletchely and it was a !Removed! dream! :D She pulled so hard and the whole set up was great. Unfortunately, my Cam Covers hadn't sealed off properly and when then engine built up the pressure it dumped a fair whack of oil around my bonnet, side of the car and caked the whole engine bay :(

Luckily the Engine had more than enough oil on there anyway, so it hasn't been damaged at all and they will clean it down on Monday and test for where the leaks are - after that they will do the MOT on Tuesday. It was looking pretty dire;

98da0066.jpg

But anyway, back to the Topic at hand - Insurance was dirt cheap for my dad yet I was quoted £79000 for the same policy.

KP

oh cool then, soo cheap for the dad's and a killer for the son's aha

and yeah its good you got a second car so you can atleast enjoy driving something lol

also its a shame about the cam covers, atleast the only loss was oil

so yeah get the car all fixed up for the MOT and then wait for your license and enjoy life :thumbsup:

Because I want the car to be insured anyway, I've put £7000+ Into it and id rather have it protected. Plus I am taking it to shows this year, my dad is driving me down to them and she'll be in dry storage when not at shows. :)

I'll be driving it to JAE myself though, I'll have my license by then! :P

KP

:thumbsup: puzzled no more! :yahoo:

Hey Everyone,

I got my car insurance renewal letter from my provider Tesco this morning. Oh and what a shock horror ..... my quote was £770 fully comp for the year including breakdown and legal cover. My quote last year was £650 and it has been steadily falling every year (this is my first and only car so far). I'm 24 yrs and have 4 yrs no claims. So I got on the phone to tesco to ask them why the sudden increase and the guy's answer was that premiums have increased across the industry because of the economy, rate of accidents, crimes etc ..... So I asked him if there was anyway to reduce the quote by either increasing my excess or going third party..... he did a check, if i chose third party policy my quote would come down by £2 if I went from comprehensive to third party!!! Anyway I put the phone down disgruntled and started searching for a cheaper quote over the phone and online. I did searches on compare the market, confused, aviva, adrian flux etc ..... most where quoting over £1000 for renewal. However on compare the market and confused both gave me the cheapest quote so far £585 on admiral (it was £650 roughly with the protected no claims)

All set to move insurance providers, so gave tesco the call to inform them i'm leaving ..... hang on a second .... took my details again asked me about the quote i received and hey presto they managed to match the quote for me! I didn't have protected no claims before but after this they manage to protect them for me as well

So my advice is to shop around a bit and instead of trying to haggle them over the price, threaten to leave to another competitor and they will cut your premiums to keep you as customers!

Hey Everyone,

I got my car insurance renewal letter from my provider Tesco this morning. Oh and what a shock horror ..... my quote was £770 fully comp for the year including breakdown and legal cover. My quote last year was £650 and it has been steadily falling every year (this is my first and only car so far). I'm 24 yrs and have 4 yrs no claims. So I got on the phone to tesco to ask them why the sudden increase and the guy's answer was that premiums have increased across the industry because of the economy, rate of accidents, crimes etc ..... So I asked him if there was anyway to reduce the quote by either increasing my excess or going third party..... he did a check, if i chose third party policy my quote would come down by £2 if I went from comprehensive to third party!!! Anyway I put the phone down disgruntled and started searching for a cheaper quote over the phone and online. I did searches on compare the market, confused, aviva, adrian flux etc ..... most where quoting over £1000 for renewal. However on compare the market and confused both gave me the cheapest quote so far £585 on admiral (it was £650 roughly with the protected no claims)

All set to move insurance providers, so gave tesco the call to inform them i'm leaving ..... hang on a second .... took my details again asked me about the quote i received and hey presto they managed to match the quote for me! I didn't have protected no claims before but after this they manage to protect them for me as well

So my advice is to shop around a bit and instead of trying to haggle them over the price, threaten to leave to another competitor and they will cut your premiums to keep you as customers!

You are absolutely right to shop around, glad to see you have managed to save a bit of money. As far as the difference between Fully Comp and Third party being so small this has been the case for a few years as high risk drivers would insure their cars TPF&T as it was a lot cheaper than FC but the accident rate was very high. Therefore put the premiums about the same and everyone will go for FC.....simples

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i got quoted £3000 for my renewal this year by LV which is way too much, might have to get rid of my little 1.4 rolla n buy something even more ridiculous like a corsa 1.0 :(

any advice guys?

i called Adrian flux and they want more than £4000 :o

tried admiral, Churchill, direct line, swift cover and the lot of them, even many comparison website

help crybaby.gif

hey guys, i got quoted £3000 for my renewal this year by LV which is way too much, might have to get rid of my little 1.4 rolla n buy something even more ridiculous like a corsa 1.0 :(

any advice guys?

i called Adrian flux and they want more than £4000 :o

tried admiral, Churchill, direct line, swift cover and the lot of them, even many comparison website

help crybaby.gif

Hiya... Looking at your signature it seems you have done a lot of mods to your car? If so, and you are declaring them to your insurance co, then I suspect that is why your premium is so high....

Insurance companies like small, unmodified, bog-standard cars when a younger driver is behind the wheel....

I think you either don't modify your car or you don't get it insured!

Later..... There's a good article in todays (22may2011) Mail on Sunday about insurance for youngsters....

Edited by Jan&tone

Hey Everyone,

I had the same thing with tesco, altho when i did another quote onlne it was cheaper. So i rang them and complained and they beat the online quote.

Ringing up may actually help i find.

Move to Woking! :lol:

£1500 difference for my brother's 2.0 D4D Corolla between where I live and where he lived there :eek:

This might be usefull for drivers under 25:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13549733

Oh dear god I hope this doesn't take off or we'll all end up having to! :eek:

Because if you refuse then you automatically get branded a bad driver and get screwed even more! :ffs:

And all that for a measly 11% discount?! :eek: They can go :censor: their :censor: in the :censor: with a :censor: and a badger!

Almost as pathetic as the discount you get for having Passplus! :ffs:

Its aimed at under 25's so they pay when they are driving badly (as they should do) and are encouraged to drive safer, meaning the roads might be a little bit safer, there might be less young drivers killed, and our premiums might fall slightly.

I personally think its a great idea.

Cant the insurers be nice to 26 year olds? just because ive only been driving for 10 months! i dont wanna pay £1200 for my insurance!!

That is less than a lot of 17-18 yr olds pay with 10 months experience.

Sadly, you have to PROVE you are safe and should pay less next year, we have all had to do it.

ask leo1986, he'll tell you i'm a good driver lol! I'm going to have to tell admiral that my window tints dont exist! this knocks my insurance down to 969!!!!

I'm probably the oldiest modifier on here at 40 years old, I live on the south coast of the U.K. (BH area)

I pay £309.51 (fully comp) for my "99" SR TTE with maximum no claims and no points (touch wood).

:thumbsup:

ask leo1986, he'll tell you i'm a good driver lol! I'm going to have to tell admiral that my window tints dont exist! this knocks my insurance down to 969!!!!

Which windows are tinted?

Its aimed at under 25's so they pay when they are driving badly (as they should do) and are encouraged to drive safer, meaning the roads might be a little bit safer, there might be less young drivers killed, and our premiums might fall slightly.

It's aimed at under 25's now, but if it takes off you watch how quickly they roll it out to everyone.

And by then you won't have a choice since you either let them track you (And by then the government will probably want in on that data too! They've been trying to think up a way to get us to accept GPS trackers for ages so they can charge us per-mile taxes on top of everything else!) or you can't afford the premium.

Kill off this scheme now!

What makes young drivers such a risk anyway? Is it just experience?

I think the current level of training and testing required for a driving license is pathetic; You hear about people passing the test with only 5 lessons and stupid stuff like that as if that is a good thing!

And unlike the continent, there is no mandatory training for things like inclement weather, night time driving, or even motorway driving! (I mentioned this to a German friend of mine and he almost choked! Over there they have mandatory lessons of autobahn driving!)

I think there should be a certain minimum level of driving time done before you are allowed to have a full licence.

I think a lot of the stigma is due to people being given licences when they really aren't ready.

And they need to crack down on unlicensed driver and 'ringers' takings tests.

And we must be doing something wrong; One of the people I work with was telling me about her sister, who lives in Ireland, is a 37 year old mum and drives a 4x4 and has done so for almost a decade on nothing but a provisional licence (They don't need a qualified driver to be with them like we do here!) and she still has lower insurance than I do! :ffs:

It's aimed at under 25's now, but if it takes off you watch how quickly they roll it out to everyone.

And by then you won't have a choice since you either let them track you (And by then the government will probably want in on that data too! They've been trying to think up a way to get us to accept GPS trackers for ages so they can charge us per-mile taxes on top of everything else!) or you can't afford the premium.

Kill off this scheme now!

What makes young drivers such a risk anyway? Is it just experience?

I think the current level of training and testing required for a driving license is pathetic; You hear about people passing the test with only 5 lessons and stupid stuff like that as if that is a good thing!

And unlike the continent, there is no mandatory training for things like inclement weather, night time driving, or even motorway driving! (I mentioned this to a German friend of mine and he almost choked! Over there they have mandatory lessons of autobahn driving!)

I think there should be a certain minimum level of driving time done before you are allowed to have a full licence.

Look at the flip side of it.

1) EVERY car will have a GPS tracker fitted, so cars are less likely to be stolen, and more likely to be recovered. Premiums fall.

2) People are encouraged to drive safer, and if you are involved in an accident, the driver who causes that accident is more likely to be detected, and brought to justice. Premiums fall.

3) It could turn into a 'pay only when you drive' system, so you could pay less for leaving the car on the drive, instead of paying all year round. Premiums could fall.

4) Younger drivers will want to pay less, and drive more sensibly. Premiums fall

I agree that the level of driving here is poor, and there should be a more advanced pass mark, but sadly we don't have that.

There are worse things to worry about, and as for being monitored, your a bit late to worry about that! Your phone knows your location within a few metres, and there are more CCTV cameras in this country than any other country. We are being watched, we just don't think about it.

Which windows are tinted?

3 door with the rears and back window

1) Who will pay for that then? It will be another cost passed on to us - Administrative fee for locating car, recovery fee for retrieving car etc.

2) Until you get people removing the GPS device from the car or driving foreign cars which don't have such systems and then the insurance companies will blame THEM for a rise in accidents and hiking fees again or penalizing you even more if you have an accident with an uninsured driver who is also untracked.

3) We already do this - It is called Fuel Duty. What you propose would probably be added ON TOP of all the other taxes!

4) *Most* young drivers already try to drive sensibly in order to lower their premiums; It's common knowledge that getting that 1st years' no claims is the biggest saving you can make (Well, it used to be anyway; Wasn't until I got 3 years no claims that my premiums stopped being stupid).

Nobody wants to have an accident after all!

As for the monitoring thing; It isn't totally prevalent yet but your point is valid. However, that isn't a reason to roll over and let them do what they like - If anything, such intrusions into personal privacy should be resisted even harder!

In this case it is worse that it is by a private company than government; Your personal data is worth huge amounts of money and being able to sell things like routes you often take and areas you visit to advertising companies will be a cash cow too tempting for a lot of them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links