Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap Insurance?

Pow17

The best thing u can do is shop around for the best quote u can find and chris knott will "normally" beat it by 10%

hmmm might give swift cover a go then, i gave admiral a go online n they quoted me more than now lol

cheers mate

Swift Cover won't touch anything that's been modified..... they cancelled my policy when i declared my mods :eek:

£2150 on a 1.4 is a hell of a lot, whos the main driver?

well my dads the main driver and owner and stuff like that

im just a named driver on it

any help or advice ish?

thanks man!

And that's definately 'fronting'..... insurance is null and void if your insurance co can prove it in the event of a claim.....

I find swift cover to be quite good, cheapest around for me and i dont have to declare any ssound system alloys or exhaust mods up to 1000 pounds, shame they wont cover anything else though.

I just got a quote today of £1184.47 fully comp from admiral online which I was happy with.

Spoke to them and with me wanting to pay monthly it whacked it up to nearly £1600. Im 25 but haven't got any no claims as Iv been a named driver.

Discussed a mutli car quote with them and it knocks it down to £1400 a year, also knocked my mrs down over a hundred quid so she's keen. Haven't found it any cheaper yet :crybaby:

But I know i'v just got to bite the bullet and go fully comp as having no, no claims is a killer!

hey guys, my insurance is due next month and i was wondering if you guys could help me a little here

im 18 and been driving for about a year now and i paid £2150 on my 1.4 last year when i was 17 with my dad one the insurance, this yeah LV gave me a quote of £2350 which is insane!

does anyone know where i can get cheaper insurance because i really dont want to pay that much :(

me and my dad have a clean license and have never had any points or convictions so this is really crazy

any good insurance companies out there?

thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Sorry to have to tell you that most insurance companies are 'good' in that they do what they say. However you are slap bang in the middle of the group of drivers that none of them want :(

You can shop around, but I'm afraid that unless you buy a 10 year old Nissan Micra or similar, you will have to pay their figures.. :yahoo:

hey guys, my insurance is due next month and i was wondering if you guys could help me a little here

im 18 and been driving for about a year now and i paid £2150 on my 1.4 last year when i was 17 with my dad one the insurance, this yeah LV gave me a quote of £2350 which is insane!

does anyone know where i can get cheaper insurance because i really dont want to pay that much :(

me and my dad have a clean license and have never had any points or convictions so this is really crazy

Sorry to have to tell you that most insurance companies are 'good' in that they do what they say. However you are slap bang in the middle of the group of drivers that none of them want :(

You can shop around, but I'm afraid that unless you buy a 10 year old Nissan Micra or similar, you will have to pay their figures.. :yahoo:

Also, the sooner you get your own insurance and build up your no claims, the beter.

I know loads of people who went under their parents name for years, then when they went to start their own insurance on a car, they had no NCB to declare, so had driven around for years on a cheaper cover under a parent, then blown all that saving by losing out on the discount they could have had.

At the end of the day we have all been charged high prices for insurance when we pass our test, so we have to drive a small engined standard car for a year or two so the insurance give us a break when we find a quicker or newer car later in life.

Your options are to either:

Declare ALL your mods and pay what they ask, or

buy a car with the lowest ins group you can find, drive safely and build your NCD and driving experience so you can afford the car you want in a few years time.

I do not yet own a corolla t sport but plan to get one within the next few months. Im a 20 year old guy and the cheapest quote for insurance ive had is 1600 if i wait till aug when im 21 this drops to 1200. Does anyone know anywhere i can get a cheap quote.??????

so glad i live in Guernsey

im looking at paying £1300 fully comp

and i am 18

had my license for about 9 months and one speeding conviction :P

try http://www.rossborough.co.uk/

and i am 18

had my license for about 9 months and one speeding conviction :P

try http://www.rossborough.co.uk/

And that is exactly why youngsters are penalised!!!

One speeding fine and only 9 months driving!!! That's nothing to brag about more to be ashamed of really :crybaby:

Sorry but that is ridiculous, especially on a small islamd like Guernsey!!!

• Like 1

lol the speed limit on guernsey is 35mph max most places being 25 mph so not to hard to break the speed limit :crybaby: , must get really boring really quickly

lol the speed limit on guernsey is 35mph max most places being 25 mph so not to hard to break the speed limit :crybaby: , must get really boring really quickly

but we still get to drive in england on the same insurance policy :) even my mum breaks the speed limit over here everyone dose :P

I just got a quote today of £1184.47 fully comp from admiral online which I was happy with.

Spoke to them and with me wanting to pay monthly it whacked it up to nearly £1600. Im 25 but haven't got any no claims as Iv been a named driver.

Discussed a mutli car quote with them and it knocks it down to £1400 a year, also knocked my mrs down over a hundred quid so she's keen. Haven't found it any cheaper yet :crybaby:

But I know i'v just got to bite the bullet and go fully comp as having no, no claims is a killer!

Ouch!

Aviva quoted me £1400 recently..... that's despite being 28 with full no claims and no points! wacko.gif

I'm sure you can guess what i told them :lol:

Yeah, but surely you fall off the edge before you get out of first gear??

Ouch!

Aviva quoted me £1400 recently..... that's despite being 28 with full no claims and no points! wacko.gif

I'm sure you can guess what i told them :lol:

Ouch is exactly what I thought, but then it could be worse, It's all because I have the no claims. I should have gone fully comp from the start and then I could be saving now. It works out as £30 a week which aint too bad.

just going to drive sensibly and look for a cheaper quote, thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Also, the sooner you get your own insurance and build up your no claims, the beter.

I know loads of people who went under their parents name for years, then when they went to start their own insurance on a car, they had no NCB to declare, so had driven around for years on a cheaper cover under a parent, then blown all that saving by losing out on the discount they could have had.

At the end of the day we have all been charged high prices for insurance when we pass our test, so we have to drive a small engined standard car for a year or two so the insurance give us a break when we find a quicker or newer car later in life.

Your options are to either:

Declare ALL your mods and pay what they ask, or

buy a car with the lowest ins group you can find, drive safely and build your NCD and driving experience so you can afford the car you want in a few years time.

thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Not a problem.

Please make sure that if you do find a cheap quote on your car, that you declare all your mod's.

If you don't, your insurance will be void as soon as an assessor spots something that shouldn't be there (strut brace will be the obvious one) and not only will you end up in court for driving illegaly, you will have to find the cost of replacing/repairing your own car, any 3rd parties cars, and injury claims.

I had an accident in 2003 where i was to blame, and a few weeks after it happened i received a bill through the post from the council for over £10,000 for the cost of cleaning up the road, organising diversions, recovering vehicles and cleaning up spills from fuel/collant/etc. I bricked it when i read it, but thankfully my insurance company asked me to forward it on to them and it all got sorted.

The total cost for my accident was well over £75k for the cost of all the above, the pay out for my car, the pay out for the 3rd parties motorbike, all his leathers/helmet and of course, massive injuries so big compensation payout.

Not intending to scare you, but hoping you will realise that an extra couple of hundred quid to declare your mods could save you many thousands in the long run!

:thumbsup:

Not a problem.

Please make sure that if you do find a cheap quote on your car, that you declare all your mod's.

If you don't, your insurance will be void as soon as an assessor spots something that shouldn't be there (strut brace will be the obvious one) and not only will you end up in court for driving illegaly, you will have to find the cost of replacing/repairing your own car, any 3rd parties cars, and injury claims.

I had an accident in 2003 where i was to blame, and a few weeks after it happened i received a bill through the post from the council for over £10,000 for the cost of cleaning up the road, organising diversions, recovering vehicles and cleaning up spills from fuel/collant/etc. I bricked it when i read it, but thankfully my insurance company asked me to forward it on to them and it all got sorted.

The total cost for my accident was well over £75k for the cost of all the above, the pay out for my car, the pay out for the 3rd parties motorbike, all his leathers/helmet and of course, massive injuries so big compensation payout.

Not intending to scare you, but hoping you will realise that an extra couple of hundred quid to declare your mods could save you many thousands in the long run!

:thumbsup:

your a legend man! yeah im going to declare the mods as it isnt worth hiding them and then getting stabbed to death by a fine aha!

your lucky everything worked out for you, might not always be the case with everyone right

cheers again

and good luck with your car man :thumbsup:

I'm with sky insurance im 26 3points and 5 years no claims discount and paying £750 fully comp with protected no claims and no voluntary excess and compulsory of about £250. Going to lower it and put a tte back box on not sure how much the price will go up.

I'm with sky insurance im 26 3points and 5 years no claims discount and paying £750 fully comp with protected no claims and no voluntary excess and compulsory of about £250. Going to lower it and put a tte back box on not sure how much the price will go up.

Sky insurance couldn't get anywhere near my renewal quote from Adrian Flux....

With Adrian Flux if the mod doesn't increase power it doesn't affect your premium....

How much is your premium with Adrian flux?

£503.... i'm 28, full no claims, no points

All mods in my sig are declared

no its not that small:P i have managed to get 115 mph :P

no its not that small:P i have managed to get 115 mph :P

Then you fully deserve the high premiums you get landed with.

We have all driven in a daft fashion from time to time, but doing 115 when the limit is so low is asking for trouble, and just goes to prove how younger drivers are immature and irresponsible at the wheel, and that is why insurance companies are trying to put you off going with them by offering extremely high premiums.

Its just a shame that stupidity like this is so common and causing younger drivers the problem of getting cover, so they decide to drive without any, and the rest of us have to pay more to subsidise it.

:censor:

It's not all young people who drive like that, and I know that I won't be a part of the idiot group who makes a string of stupid decisions in their driving. There are many who drive like complete tits and when I see them on the news with half a corsa up their backsides I often think to myself "Natural Selection still exists, good." However you will find that an equally serious if not, bigger issue is the coffin-dodgers. They are offered tiny premiums despite having the reflexes of a chair and the eyesight of a smoked haddock.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wait for 3 years for the insurance company to send out a fat man with a clip board to then tell you that they will put the first 50p towards your next car - but sadly it is and so many people feel cheated. I would. And I will. :lol:

Get the coffin-dodgers' premiums to a reasonable level and I will feel a little better, but until then I will be watching my back for the next time one drives through a shop window in their Rover.

KP