Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Repair Warranty

daf-fy

hi I have had some issues within the original 3 year warranty period and that has now expired.

What I was wondering is does anyone have facts about Toyota warranty on the repairs? - I had heard that any repair they do is actually guaranteed for 12 months so say if at 35 months old they fixed an issue under 3 yr warranty - though only 1 month remains you would have 12 months on the actual repair.

Hopefully some experts out there or even a Toyota employee will come up with the goods............... I have faith!

Thanking you in advance

hi I have had some issues within the original 3 year warranty period and that has now expired.

What I was wondering is does anyone have facts about Toyota warranty on the repairs? - I had heard that any repair they do is actually guaranteed for 12 months so say if at 35 months old they fixed an issue under 3 yr warranty - though only 1 month remains you would have 12 months on the actual repair.

Hopefully some experts out there or even a Toyota employee will come up with the goods............... I have faith!

Thanking you in advance

Toyota parts have a 12 month warranty, so if a new wheel bearing was fitted under warranty that part should be replaced if it fails with in 12 months, catch 22 is if they cover the whole labour costs or a percentage of it. best speak to your local Toyota service managed, they are normally very helpful.

IIRC it doesn't work like that. Unless you pay for the part, then you wont get the retail warranty on it. If a part is repalced under the original factory warranty (or extended) then it is warranted only for the period of the warranty. Otherwise cars and parts would never fall out of warranty.

thanks for the info but i'm still not clear on the situation - my reckoning was that if they repair something then the repair should surely be guaranteed other wise say they fixed a seat runner at 35 months old and then it failed 6 weeks later they would say 'well car out of 3 year warranty now so tough' whereas if it had a 12 month repair warranty it would be covered until almost 4 years from car new ie 47 months (35 month old car plus 12 month repair warranty = 47)..........

anyone else any the wiser?

cheers

AFAIK the new PART should have something like 12 months of warranty, but you WILL get a bill for the work...

Sof if they put in a new waterpump at 35 months and it fails in 2 months, they should replace the pump for

free, as a pump should last longer than 2 months, but they CAn bill you for the hours for putting it in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links