Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Fuel Economy Rav T180 !

SMH13

I'm sure that I have probably mentioned this before but with Kingo's chip kit we seen a good improvement in MPG. We are seeing at least 420 miles to a tank of juice vs 320-330ish.

Trip computer is reading 41/42 MPG as average and we have seen up to 49.6 when driving with a very gentle right foot on a long run.

With the miles that we do and the price of fuel at the moment we reckon the chip kit will pay for itself in around 6 months then we are quids in thumbsup.gif

How many miles you doing?

I'm sure that I have probably mentioned this before but with Kingo's chip kit we seen a good improvement in MPG. We are seeing at least 420 miles to a tank of juice vs 320-330ish.

Trip computer is reading 41/42 MPG as average and we have seen up to 49.6 when driving with a very gentle right foot on a long run.

With the miles that we do and the price of fuel at the moment we reckon the chip kit will pay for itself in around 6 months then we are quids in thumbsup.gif

Will be doing approximately 20k per year starting next month.

Wow. Thus about what I do... And you say it'll pay itself off in six months..

Does it effect your insurance?

Wow. Thus about what I do... And you say it'll pay itself off in six months..

Does it effect your insurance?

Our insurance only went up by £86 per year and it is deemed as an ECU modification.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on my mpg issue. At the time of my original post we had 29mpg on the computer which had become 27/28 a week later. Anway i filled the tank and put the BG244 in then reset the computer.

We then did a 400 mile round trip with most being motorway. The MPG was showing around 38mpg with the motorway driving but having done some running round locally since we got back, a week later i see the mpg has gone down to 32.1

I'll probably reset the computer again and once the mpg have settled down i have some greased lightening to put in so will see if that makes any further improvement.

Watch this space

Professor Barker

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Would the premium diesel do anything?

I have just had a new Golf Bluemotion as a hire car ...... wow the fuel guage never moved.

I would actually think of swopping had I not just bought 4 new tyres :wacko:

Chip kits ? Would someone explain please :rolleyes: Thansk

Indeed You are Mate and that's without considering the residual value of the unit itself. The big plus point is that with an external plug in type box is that its removed in just a few minutes. I saw how Big kev has installed His one ... Nice ,,,

A quick question RE price on these units.. Looking at the website ( Lindops) it seems the cost of the unit is 375 quid inc VAT and delivery ?? Is this right ?? Do We forum Members get a discount off this price ???

Wee Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links