Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Get More Then 300Miles From Full Tanks!

badboy88

I just filled up my car with full tank and try not to rev it over 2000r hope it help my mile per gallon!

I also hear from people saying that Do not filled up the whole tank coz it's will be very heavy for the car to moved and waste more fuel and get less mpg!!!

They said only fill maybe 1/3 of it will help mpg !!!

Any agreed or disagreed it ?

In an f1 car where ounces can make a difference it would count but frankly I'd rather have the petrol in my tank befor it goes up again!

Fill the tank to the brim - you know it makes sense :yahoo:

Going half-tank saves 15-20kg and in light weight and/or underpowered cars, it does make a noticeable difference.

For some cars it makes very little difference tho'; I used to do the half-tank thing in my old Fiesta as the difference was very noticeable, but the diesel engine in my Yaris has too much torque for the car's weight anyway and the difference between even a full tank and a near-empty tank is minimal.

We and the Mrs normally get high 50's low 60's in terms of MPGs on our Aygo's worked out tank to tank. Hers does mainly motorway but she drives it a lot slower than mine where as mine does A/B roads. Saying that i did manage to use a full bar of fuel (4 to 3 bars on the gauge) last night but i was ragging he balls off it.

I work out how economically im driving by how far bar 1 gets me as well. From a full tank i normally get 95-99 miles out of the 1st bar (filled to 1st click). Ive had as high as 110 and as low as 85.

hi

How many Miles you get from full tanks? coz what is it. its that I get around 100 miles from the 1st bar, then second bar only last 50miles , 3rd bar last 50miles, 4th bar last 50miles then the last bar start flasing!!!!

Which I only able to pressd 300miles out before the last bar flashing!!!

will the last bar flashing last me 50miles or more before my Car stop????

Its circa 100 miles for the 1st mar. I aim to be at about 190 miles by the time the second bar has gone. I normally fill up when i'm into the 3rd bar at about 290 odd miles or so. It does depend how many days work i have as its a long flat run, or if im heading into town as its more hilly.

You would spend all your time in a petrol car. I find I do at the moment with a 300-400 range, let alone only putting in a 3rd of a tank each time!!!!!!

its very true what people are saying about the way you drive these aygo's. My girlfriends car seems to go forever on a full tank !!

I haven't got a clue what the MPG is on our Aygo, bought it last May and only just hot 3000 miles, all I know is I fill it up and can't remember the last time I did, it seems pretty economical to me.

My main car is a Mercedes E320cdi Avantgarde Estate, it is the later V6 with the 7G transmission and sat at 70mph I bet that is doing far better than the Aygo, to me the Aygo is a city car, it is light and geared as such, as soon as you get it on the motorway the MPG plummets, you can feel the thing struggling, put your foot down at 60mph and nothing happens, at all! :D

Remember the extra Urban figure is an average speed of 39mph, not the 70-80mph most people think, and the urban figure is cold start with a few stops and starts and a very low average speed, which the Aygo does well with, being light and petrol (so gets to temp pretty quickly compared with diesel) and the combined is just the two added together and divided by miles covered.

From memory I get around 330-380 miles from a tank, which is fine, which is around 47-54mpg, which is pretty good I reckon, my Merc would be doing no more than 30 doing the same journeys. My old man just got a new BMW 520d with the 8 speed auto, that is 180bhp, 8 seconds to 60mph and he is averaging 47mpg, now that is impressive for such a big car, even round town it doesn't drop below 40mpg.

Things to check that kill fuel...

tyre pressures, go slightly higher than lower and remember if they are not hot ad 4psi.

Other main one is temperature, make sure your car heats properly and sits at the right temperature and gets their quickly, thermerstats stick and then the car over fuels, can be as much as 30%. Not sure how you check on these though, can't remember if there is a temp guage??

Fuel, not sure if in the UK WE use winter grade petrol like we do diesel? But with diesel you can loose 5-10% whilst on winter derv, most garages swap over mid March.

At the end of the day I sit on the Mercedes and BMW forums hear this every day, unless you are sitting at a steady 60mh all day every day you will never get the combined figure as an average over the whole tank.

I always look at the Urban and combined and think that I will get around the urban for most tanks and maybe somewhere halfway between urban and combined for others, I am never disappointed then.

Remember a cars mpg computer is very unreliable and normally predicts higher mpg than its actually doing. Ive read figures of 10-15% over estimates.

Fill up again today 61.7 average roads and conditions.

Well first tank used and pretty happy with the MPG. It has all been short journeys, no more that 7 miles at any one time and lots of stop start school runs. Got 384 miles before the flashing light came on and re-fuled straight away. The car is only 2 weeks old and only has this miles on it so I assume this will improve as the engine works in.

I dont know how much being a 2011 car males to the fuel. I know Toyota changed the engine spec to lower tax and increase fuel economy ( Toyota optimal drive they call it)

On with the next tank!

Filled the tank this morning for the weekend. Had only done 145 miles and first bar was yet to go. Got 9.8 litres in which works out at 67 mpg

• Like 1

Well first tank used and pretty happy with the MPG. It has all been short journeys, no more that 7 miles at any one time and lots of stop start school runs. Got 384 miles before the flashing light came on and re-fuled straight away. The car is only 2 weeks old and only has this miles on it so I assume this will improve as the engine works in.

I dont know how much being a 2011 car males to the fuel. I know Toyota changed the engine spec to lower tax and increase fuel economy ( Toyota optimal drive they call it)

On with the next tank!

The tax stayed the same, but they managed to crack the emissions down I think, in turn decreasing fuel consumption too! Good mileage - this will definitely improve as you run the car in :)

I'm quite pleased with my economy at the moment - I've so far done 260 miles and the second blob went at 240, which I think is my personal best! Hopefully I'll see similar results with the rest of the blobs!! :P

You're doing excellent! :D

Me dervy Yaris has done 260 miles, 3 blobs used!

I averaged 36mpg last tank.

But that did involve a fair amount of spirited driving.

This tank is going a lot further due to me calming down on every road but an empty A/B road.

Just back from Scotland.

Best tankful......driving round at about 50-55mph usually in 5th driving an MMT in manual mode......

483 miles.

Filled up. 33.31 litres

65.8mpg

Was a VERY steady driving style though. Trying my very best.

Ian.

Just back from Scotland.

Best tankful......driving round at about 50-55mph usually in 5th driving an MMT in manual mode......

483 miles.

Filled up. 33.31 litres

65.8mpg

Ian.

Wow!!

Just back from Scotland.

483 miles.

Filled up. 33.31 litres

65.8mpg

Ian.

Wow!!

I was sort of inspired when I took my Aygo in for it's 4th service.

(The big one with plugs, air filter etc.)

I was loaned an iQ and it has a "change up / change down" indicator on the dash.

I thought I'd drive by the lights just to see what Mr. Toyota recommends.

It would happily change UP at 1700rpm and pull a higher gear at about 1200rpm on a light throttle.

I've never liked labouring an engine but it seemed quite happy doing this so, whilst driving round the lochs in Scotland

I tried driving at very low revs and a very light throttle......seems to work.

Did feel like a nannan though, I normally drive in a more "spirited" fashion. :yes:

Ian.

I achieved a personal record yesterday: drove 504,4km (±313mi) on only 20,62liters.

That's 4,09l/100km or 24,45km/l which translates to just over 69mpg!

I'm currently averaging 50,8mpg over the past 98.000km (allmost 61.000mi), so fo me that's HUGE.

I do have to say that I got this economy by driving a couple of hundred miles on the

highway at just over 50mph, as I was the lead car in a group of 8: driving faster

would cause the following cars to have to drive over the speed limit to keep up.

Gah you Aygo drivers are really raising the bar!

Are you sure they aren't diesel??? :lol:

From my Last filled up full tank. Today I done 100 miles and still got Full bars!

I am looking to get around 130+ miles before the first bar gone coz I been very gentle on my right foot and also Pump all my four tire to 33psi ( Manual book recommend 32psi) but I hope extra 2 psi will give me more miles!

Normally my first bar gone around 110 miles. So I am really looking forward to more miles when I am steady on my feets : )

I averaged 36mpg last tank.

But that did involve a fair amount of spirited driving.

This tank is going a lot further due to me calming down on every road but an empty A/B road.

Wow. You got least MPG then me ( I get 38.9mpg ) which I think its bad!!!

I am trying to change my driving habit or whatever I can change to get more out the fuel !

Just back from Scotland.

483 miles.

Filled up. 33.31 litres

65.8mpg

Ian.

Wow. 183 miles more then what I get from Full tank!!! Well done. I don't know if I could get anywhere near yours!!

Filled the tank this morning for the weekend. Had only done 145 miles and first bar was yet to go. Got 9.8 litres in which works out at 67 mpg

I looking forward to get 130+ for my First bar which I never get before! So far I done 100miles . Hope my first light don't go too soon : )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links